Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" (383860 Views)

CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / A Man Wearing A Jesus Saves Tshirt At Mall Of America Was Ordered To Take It Off / The Sincere Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11am On Dec 03, 2019
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
MONDAY DECEMBER 02, 2019

Seeking The Father's Help
TEXT: James 1:5-8

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" (James 1:5).

Wisdom is the quality of being wise or knowledgeable, and the capacity to make the right decision. It is the ability to apply knowledge, experience or understanding, common sense and insight.

You must be able to differentiate between godly wisdom and craftiness which wicked people practice in the world. Godly wisdom does not seek to take undue advantage of others. Wisdom is an important virtue that positions a person in a high place. A child who has the wisdom of God will excel in all of his or her ways. The Bible counsels us to get wisdom and understanding. Every child should desire it.

It was through wisdom that Joseph excelled in Egypt. Solomon asked and received wisdom from God; he became the wisest and richest person of his time. God gave Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego wisdom in Babylon, and they were able to stand before kings. You need wisdom to excel in all you do. Ask wisdom from God. He is your heavenly Father who wants to help you achieve excellence in all your doings. A wise child will seek his father's help for what he needs. God will help you to be wise in your decisions and actions.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, grant me wisdom to always do the right thing.

FURTHER READING: Daniel 1:17-20

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:56am On Dec 04, 2019
TUESDAY DECEMBER 3, 2019

Give Him Your Care
TEXT: Philippians 4:4-7

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God" (Philippians 4:6).

Worry and anxiety will make you sick in your heart and not be able to remember that you have a heavenly Father who cares for you. Make a prayer list and not a worry list. Tell God the challenges you're facing in your academics, health, family, and in every other area of your life, and don't worry about them.

Instead, keep praying, telling God what you want. Keep thanking God before He even answers your prayers. Remember, God is able to handle your cares. He is willing to handle it and He is waiting to bless you. Just put your trust in Him. You will be surprised to know how much He loves and cares for you.

Don't be like the woman who boarded a vehicle with her big luggage on her head. When she sat down, she ignorantly did not put the bag down. She said that she did not want to give the vehicle too much load to carry.

As a friend of Jesus, He is bearing you on His shoulders. All your anxiety and all your care should be given to Him too to carry. You are already in God's Hands, let Him carry your burden. As a friend of Jesus, your song should be:

O yes, He cares, I know He cares!
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Saviour cares.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, help me to always remember that You care, so that I can cast all my burdens on You.

FURTHER READING: 1 Peter 5:6-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:40am On Dec 04, 2019
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 4, 2019

Finish The Race
TEXT: 2 Timothy 4:5-8

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Timothy 4:7).

When Kelvin registered for the long-distance race of his school's inter-house sports competition, he was not fully aware of the great prizes awaiting every runner who finished the race.

At the starting point, there were over twenty-five pupils. Everyone began the race joyfully and in good spirits. But after running round the field four times, some participants started dropping out.

Kelvin, however, continued, determined to finish the race. On the eight round, he tripped and fell. But he quickly stood up. He felt like stopping, but remembered that his Father had encouraged him before he left home, that he should ensure he finished the race. His friends were also shouting, "Kelvin, finish the race!" This encouraged him and he continued. At last, he crossed the finish line. He was one of the five (5) pupils who finished the race. At the end of the event, prizes were given to those who deserved it.

The Christian race is like that of Kelvin's, only those who finish it well will get to heaven. You are running the race to meet your Redeemer. Do not let anything - success or failure, disappointment or lack - to stop you half way. Keep reading your Bible. Continue to obey its instructions. Be quick to preach its message. Finish the race!

PRAYER: Father, please grant me the grace to finish my Christian journey well.

FURTHER READING: Hebrews 12:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
THURSDAY DECEMBER 05, 2019

The Fire Came Down
TEXT: 2 Chronicles 7:1-6

"Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the Lord filled the house" (2 Chronicles 7:1).

Our text for today is a heartwarming record of how God expressed His happiness towards a person and a thing that pleases Him. After King Solomon completed the temple of God, he stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the people, and lifted up his voice in prayer to the God of heaven.

At the end of his prayer, the fire of God came down and consumed all the offerings and sacrifices, and the glory of God filled the temple. The fire that came down showed that God had accepted their offerings and sacrifices. God accepted their offerings and sacrifices because there was holiness in the temple and the fear of God in the worshippers. Our God is holy and cannot live in an unholy temple.

God wants you to present your body to Him as a living sacrifice. Keep your body holy, so that that God can accept you and live in you. Remember, it is only when your body is pure and holy that God's fire of the Holy Spirit can come upon you and set you apart for Christ's service. God always sets His seal of approval on every child who sets himself apart for God's glory and honour.

PRAYER: Father, please create in me a desire to always live a holy life.

FURTHER READING: 1 Kings 18:36-39

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Dec 07, 2019
FRIDAY DECEMBER 6, 2019

Be Obedient
TEXT: Colossians 3:20-25

"Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord" (Colossians 3:20).

Our text is a command from God. If you obey, you will please God and receive commendation and eternal rewards from Him. Benny's father had to purchase a big electricity generator for the family when he realised that the public supply was becoming too irregular.

After the installation, the father called all the children in the family and strictly warned them that none of them, for any reason, should attempt to operate the generating set. But Benny always had reasons for disobeying instructions.

One day, Benny claimed that he wanted to pump water for the family's use. But in the process of starting the generator, his finger got trapped by the belt of the machine. All the other children gathered to help him and part of his finger got cut off in the attempt. He lost a lot of blood and was rushed to the hospital. He paid the price for his disobedience.

Are you like the boy in our story? Are you disobedient to your godly parents? Sometimes, your mother warns you not to receive things from strangers nor follow them. All these instructions are given for your own good. Today, make up your mind to obey instructions, including the ones your Sunday School teacher gives to you in the church, and God will bless you.

PRAYER: Father, please give me an obedient heart.

FURTHER READING: Job 36:9-12

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Dec 09, 2019
SATURDAY DECEMBER 7, 2019

Don't Give Up
TEXT: Philippians 4:11-13

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).

Joni Eareckson Tada had a diving accident which made her a cripple for the rest of her life. She lost the use of her legs and was moving about in a wheelchair. She had great hopes for a bright and brilliant future before the accident occurred.

She was not angry at God nor did she become discouraged. She held on to her faith in Christ and continued to live as a believer. She did not stop her education. Overtime, she learnt to paint, holding the brush between her teeth. She learnt how to write through this way too. She also attended university. She formed a Christian organization called 'JONI AND FRIENDS' to help people with disability.

Joni Eareckson Tada became a great artist and writer with 18 books to her credit. She wrote at one time, "I don't know what lies ahead, but I do know who I am. I have a dream and I know where I am going." She was able to help other people who had similar challenges to get on well in life.

In our text for today, Paul the Apostle, from his personal experience, taught us never to allow any situation or condition to cause us to be dissatisfied with God. We should learn to be grateful to God, no matter how pleasant or odd our condition may be.

PRAYER: Lord, teach me to trust You in every situation of my life.

FURTHER READING: Hebrews 13:5, 6

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:34am On Dec 12, 2019
SUNDAY DECEMBER 08, 2019

Do Not Cheat
TEXT: Genesis 27:18-24

"And Jacob went near unto Isaac his father; and he felt him, and said, The voice is Jacobs voice, but the hands are the hands of Esau" (Genesis 27:22).

A cheat is someone who deceives another person or tricks someone to get what does not belong to him or her. Isaac, Abraham's son, had a set of twin boys - Esau and Jacob. When Isaac became old and assumed he was about to die, he called Esau (his firstborn son) to bring meat for him to eat so that he could bless him.

Rebekah heard what Isaac said, and before Esau returned from the field where he had gone to get the meat, Rebekah prepared and gave food to Jacob to give to their father, Isaac. He ate it and blessed Jacob. Jacob got the blessing through deceit, he cheated his brother, Esau. This made Esau hate Jacob and Esau planned to kill him.

Jacob ran away to Laban, his uncle. He was cheated by his uncle also. When he wanted to marry Rachel, Laban's daughter, he was given Leah, her elder sister, instead. What a person sows, he will reap.

Do unto others what you want them to do to you. God hates cheating. If you are involved in cheating during examinations, or in other areas of your life, turn away from it, seek God's forgiveness and become a new person.

PRAYER: God, set me free from all forms of cheating.

FURTHER READING: Genesis 29:18-25

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:26am On Dec 15, 2019
MONDAY DECEMBER 9, 2019

Pleasing God In All Things
TEXT: Galatians 1:9-16

"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ" (Galatians 1:10).

Pleasing God is a personal choice. It was the number one priority of Paul, the Apostle. You cannot please man all the time, but it is very important to please God at all times and in all things. When you do things that make God happy like reading your Bible, praying, preaching the gospel, being obedient to God and your godly parents, being truthful, turning away from all forms of evil things, God will be pleased with you. Do not seek advice or counsel from evil children, avoid their evil ways.

Jesus was not accepted by the Jews and Pharisees of His days, but He remained focused and pleased God in all He did. When you please God in all you think, say and do, He will make your ways to go well, give you divine favour, and even those who make themselves your enemies will become your friends.

Seek to please God and Him only in all things and at all times. As the Holy Spirit helped Jesus Christ to fulfill His ministry on earth because He pleased God, so also will He help you to fulfill His plans for your life.

PRAYER: Father, help me to please You in all things.

FURTHER READING: 1 Thessalonians 2:4-6

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:44am On Dec 15, 2019
TUESDAY 10 2019

Do You Have A Dream?
TEXT: Genesis 37:5-11

"And he said unto them, Hear, I pray you, this dream which I have dreamed" (Genesis 37:6).

Joseph was one of the twelve (12) sons of Jacob. He was a good boy who hated evil and reported his elder brothers' evil deeds to their father. This made them hate him. His father, however, loved him dearly and made a coat of many colours for him.
One day, Joseph had a dream. In the dream he saw that his sheaf (bundle of wheat or grain) stood and his brothers' own bowed down to his own. It meant that his brothers would bow down to him in the future. It also meant that he would have authority over them.

This made Joseph's brothers hate him the more, and they planned to kill him. But the dream was a revelation from God. It was not possible to kill the dreamer and the dream unless they could kill God who gave the dream.

Do you have a God-given dream? Your dream may not be a night vision like Joseph's own. It may be what you plan or desire to be in the future. You must nurture your dream and work towards the achievement of it.

When you discover your God-given dream or a talent in you, be committed to it and see what God will make out of it. Joseph's dream was God-given, so his brothers' evil plans against him did not kill it. Are you a God-fearing child? Jesus will help you to realize your God-given dream.

PRAYER: Father, please put Your fear in me in all things and help me to achieve the dream You have given me.

FURTHER READING: Genesis 42:6-9

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Dec 15, 2019
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 11, 2019

Be Thankful
TEXT: Luke 17:11-19

"And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?" (Luke 17:17).

Thankfulness is a habit which everyone should cultivate. It is what makes you to receive and keep receiving. Thankfulness, also known as gratitude, opens the door of blessings to anyone who has a grateful heart.

Some children, and even adults, do not have thankful hearts. No matter how small they might think it is, instead of thanking God for what He has given them, these people complain about what they asked and have not received from God.

Out of the ten lepers that Jesus healed, only one of them returned to show gratitude to Jesus, and he received more from Christ. When you thank God for what He has given you, He will give you more.

Gratitude also moves God to work for us in deliverance. You must also learn to show gratitude to your parents, siblings, friends and everyone for the favour you received from them, no matter how little you think it is. Lift up your voice now and thank God for all He has been doing for you and in your family, particularly for the salvation of your soul.

PRAYER: God, please give me a grateful heart that will always praise You.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 105:1-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
THURSDAY DECEMBER 12, 2019

Are You Thirsty?
TEXT: John 7:37-40

"In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink" (John 7:37).

To be thirsty is to have a feeling or desire for something. Oftentimes, we have a thirst for water to quench or satisfy the dryness of our throat or body. Our thirst can be satisfied with water or any other form of drink.

Jesus invited thirsty people, including boys and girls, to come to Him and drink. He is inviting everyone who is spiritually thirsty today to come and drink freely from His water of life. The invitation is to those who need to put their faith in Him, allowing His Spirit to fill them with the joy of salvation.

A Samaritan woman had an encounter with Jesus at a well where she had gone to fetch the physical water to quench her thirst. That single contact with Christ changed her life and eternal destiny. Jesus introduced Himself to her as The Water of Life. She drank of the Living Water; believed in the Saviour, and through her also, many people became friends of Jesus.

Jesus is calling out to those who are thirsty for God to come to Him. He satisfies, and only those who respond to His call will be satisfied.

PRAYER: Lord, create a thirst in my heart for You, Your Spirit and Your righteousness.

FURTHER READING: John 4:13-15

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:38am On Dec 16, 2019
FRIDAY DECEMBER 13, 2019

God, Our Defence
TEXT: Psalm 20:1-5

"The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee" (Psalm 20:1).

There was a small group of people in a remote community in one of the western states of an African country. These people usually gather on Saturday evenings to pray.

They always prayed about many things like: their families, farmlands, community and even those who sometimes come to destroy their crops and homes. This went on for many years, God kept on protecting them.

One day, as the people gathered for their prayer meeting, their enemies came. At first, they were afraid and wanted to run away. But their leader encouraged them to continue praying.

Suddenly, they realised that the noise of the approaching enemies was dying down, until they could hardly hear it. When they finished their prayer session, they saw that the people who came to attack them were already sitting on the floor looking at them.

The leader of these enemies then moved forward and said he wanted to say something. He said, as they arrived, they saw strange beings standing behind those who were praying. God had sent His angels to protect the people because they trusted in His name. That name of Jesus is still powerful today. Call upon Him and He will deliver you.

PRAYER: Lord, send help to me as I put my trust in You.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 18:10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15am On Dec 16, 2019
SATURDAY DECEMBER 14, 2019

Rely On It
TEXT: 1 Kings 8:54-61

"Blessed be the Lord, that hath given rest unto His people Israel, according to all that He promised: there hath not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised by the hand of Moses His servant" (1 Kings 8:56).

The story was told of a man who went for a walk in a forest one day. He was familiar with the woods and also had his compass with him. After walking for a long time, he decided to go back home. He started the journey back home without checking the compass. He was familiar with the forest and thought he already knew the direction back home.

After walking for a long time without getting out of the woods, he checked the compass. To his surprise, the compass indicated that he was going in the opposite direction to his home. He thought that the compass could not be right as he knew his paths through the woods well.

He was about to throw the compass away when he remembered that, whenever he used it, he had never been disappointed. He followed the direction of the compass and soon found his way out of the forest and got to his home. The word of God is the Christian's compass. It directs our steps away from the pathway of evil and from the shadow of death. It shows and guides us on our way to heaven. The promises in the word of God are reliable, they cannot fail. You can depend on God's promises and find rest in it for your soul.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to stand firm on Your promises which cannot fail.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 119:103-106

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2019
SUNDAY DECEMBER 15, 2019

Don't Be A Faultfinder
TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 4:9-11

"But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another" (1 Thessalonians 4:9).

Katie, Karen and Kelvin were siblings living with their parents in the city. Twelve-year-old Katie was the eldest, and she had their mother's permission to supervise the other children while their mother was away from home.

Overtime, Katie developed the habit of finding faults with her siblings. She complained about almost everything they did all the time. Katie herself was not behaving well. For instance, all the chores that her mom left for her to do, she passed them on to her siblings who were too afraid to refuse doing them because she would beat them for that.

One day in Sunday School, Katie's teacher told the children a story about Jesus. She told them that Jesus came into the world to save sinners so that they would not die and go to hellfire. "Everyone born into this world is a sinner and needs Jesus", the teacher said.

She also told them that people hated Jesus and crucified Him (nailed Christ to the cross), even when He did not commit any offence. Jesus did not find any fault or bear a grudge towards them when they were nailing Him to the cross.

Katie then realised that faultfinding is bad. Instead of doing that, she began to show love to her siblings and pray for others. Don't be a faultfinder.

PRAYER: Father, give me grace to show compassion and be patient with people instead of finding faults in them.

FURTHER READING: Romans 12:9, 10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
MONDAY DECEMBER 16, 2019

Pray For Them
TEXT: 1 Timothy 2:1-8

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men" (1 Timothy 2:1).

Leaders are nation builders. Who are they? They are our parents at home, teachers in the school and in the church, Presidents, Governors and other government officials. They love and tell us the right things to do at all times.

They sometimes discipline us when we do wrong; this is because they want us to turn out right. God wants us to obey them (follow their godly instructions), honour them, and pray for them. Our leaders are God-sent and must be given due respect at all times.

We need to also pray for our leaders so that God can guide them in ruling over us. If you do not pray for them, they will not rule well and there will be suffering in the land.

Do not complain about your teachers, parents or leaders. Instead, pray for them, and God will help them to continue to take good care of you. Spend some time today to pray for all these people.

PRAYER: God, please give me the power to pray for all the people You have chosen to take care of me.

FURTHER READING: Luke 18:1

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:35am On Dec 18, 2019
TUESDAY DECEMBER 17, 2019

Heavenly Citizenship
TEXT: Philippians 3:17-20

"For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ" (Philippians 3:20).

Heaven is the final home of every believer. Everyone who believes in God and lives daily for Him till the end of his/her life will live with God and Jesus throughout eternity.

Every friend of Jesus has a dual citizenship. We are called heavenly citizens while still leaving on earth. We know that Jesus has gone to prepare our mansions in heaven, but He wants us to live well on earth before we can qualify for our heavenly home. God is not only our heavenly Father, but also our King, and we must be obedient and loyal to Him.

As you walk each day as a citizen of your earthly country, remember that you are also a citizen of heaven. You must never forget that your Father in heaven has given you His laws that should guide you on your journey to heaven. His Word is the Bible, do not ignore or neglect it, be loyal to it. Read, study and think on its instructions daily. Be proud to tell other people about your Father's beautiful home. Walk each day with the hope of making heaven at last.

PRAYER: Lord, please help me not to lose my heavenly focus as I journey through this world.

FURTHER READING: John 14:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:48am On Dec 19, 2019
One Thing That Is Needful

Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:52am On Dec 19, 2019
THURSDAY DECEMBER 19, 2019

The Sincere Milk Of The Word
TEXT: 1 Peter 2:1-6

"As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby" (1 Peter 2:2).

Some babies are very fine. Their skin shines, their eyes are bright, their cheeks are fleshy, and their hairs are full. These kind of babies are always cheerful. They don't always cry. They can be described as proper babies. Children like to play with these kind of babies.

On the other hand, some babies are not fine. They look weak and sickly. They are always crying. Children don't like to play with such babies. They quickly give them back to their mothers. The secret is this, some babies are well fed and grow up to become very healthy, while those who are not well fed grew up to become weak and sickly.

A new born baby is supposed to be breastfed for about nine months before weaning. This will make the baby to get enough nutrients that can make him resist any attack of sickness from the environment.

Likewise, if you do not feed on the sincere milk of the word of God, you will be weak and sick spiritually. You will also lack spiritual nourishment to have victory over sin and Satan.

If you want to grow and live a healthy Christian life, desire the word of God. Read it everyday, meditate on it, believe it, confess it, obey it and preach it. This will make you to be strong and grow spiritually.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to love Your Word above my daily meal.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 19:9-11

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2019
FRIDAY DECEMBER 20, 2019

Bible City - Bethlehem
TEXT: Matthew 2:1-11

"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem" (Matthew 2:1).

Bethlehem is referred to as the city of David, and it means 'house of bread'. The name Bethlehem appears 40 times in the Old Testament and 8 times in the New Testament. It is a city on a Judean hill about 9 kilometres south of Jerusalem.

It is the centre of a fertile and fruitful area called Ephrath or Ephratah (corn land). In this territory, though not right at Bethlehem, Racheal died, and Jacob buried her there. In the time of the judges, the family of Elimelech lived here, before the famine. After the tragedy that befell the family, Naomi and Ruth returned to Bethlehem. This was a divine arrangement from God that the great ancestors of Jesus should be born in Bethlehem. Ruth eventually married Boaz, and they gave birth to Obed. From Obed to Jesse and then David, the direct ancestor of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The greatest event that put Bethlehem on the world map and at the centre of human history happened in the New Testament. Through a divinely arranged decree from Caesar, Mary, the mother of Jesus, travelled to Bethlehem with Joseph. There, Jesus was born in an inn and laid in a manger.

A lone star from heaven was also sent to lead wise men from the East to Bethlehem. They came, worshipped the Saviour, and gave Him gifts. Wise children are still seeking the Saviour today. However, you do not need to travel to Bethlehem to see the Lord. He is omnipresent and He is right there with you. Ask Him into your heart, let Him save you. Then He will reign and rule in your life.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, please come in to reign and rule in my heart.

FURTHER READING: Ruth 1:19-22

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2019
Monday, December 23, 2019

None Left Out
TEXT: Genesis 7:11-16

"In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noahs wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark" (Genesis 7:13).

There is a certain family whose name has entered the Guinness book of records because they have the highest number of accountants in that family. In some families, the father is a lawyer, the wife is a lawyer, and the children are lawyers. Such families are always proud to be seen as a learned family.

In our text, Noah's family was something to be proud of. Noah was righteous, his wife was righteous, his children were righteous, their wives were also righteous. They all entered the ark and were saved from the great flood. Is your family like that of Noah's? The ark of Noah represents Jesus. Whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life. If your Father is a pastor and your mother is a Christian worker, God wants you and all the members of your family to be saved. Nobody should be left out. This is so because when the rapture takes place, only true believers will go with Jesus.

If your parents are saved and you are not saved, you will be left behind. If you are saved and your loving mom and dad are not saved, they will be left out. If you are saved, you need to pray for other members of your family to be saved. Preach to them. Invite them to church programmes. None of them should be left out.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, save me and my household.

FURTHER READING: Acts 16:31-34

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Dec 24, 2019
TUESDAY DECEMBER 24, 2019

The Rainbow
TEXT: Genesis 9:11-17

"I do set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between Me and the earth" (Genesis 9:13).

Sometimes, the rainbow appears in the sky. Children love it because it has beautiful colours. You may not know the colours of the rainbow. The rainbow has seven colours. They are: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.

The rainbow has a spiritual significance. It reminds God that He will no longer destroy the world with water. God made that covenant with man and He wants to keep it. In order to set a sign for the covenant, God made the rainbow. God cannot forget His covenant. He is not a man that He will say something and not do it.

Now, refresh your mind with good things which God has said about you which He will never forget. Look at some of them:

(i) I will bless you and make you a blessing.
(ii) I will take away sickness from among you for I am the Lord that healeth you.
(iii) I wish above all things that you will prosper and be in health even as your soul prospereth.
(iv) With long life I will satisfy you.
(v) You will not be the tail but always the head.
(vi) It is your father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Fear not, God is true and faithful to His promises. He will not fail to do what He says He will do. As a child of God, be like God, and always remember to keep the promises you make to others.

PRAYER: Father, help me to always remember that You cannot fail.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 89:34-37

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Dec 25, 2019
Jesus' Reason. (Romans 6:23). Happy Incarnation Day.
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:31am On Dec 25, 2019
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:35am On Dec 29, 2019
SATURDAY DECEMBER 28, 2019

Alas...It Was Borrowed
TEXT: 2 Kings 6:1-7

"But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed" (2 Kings 6:5).

Sometimes, people borrow what they do not have. This was what happened to the sons of the prophets. Prophet Elisha ran a school in which he taught students to become prophets of God. The students were called "sons of the prophet."

A time came that the number of students became larger than the hostels. So, they suggested to Elisha to allow them to go and cut down wood to build an additional hostel. One of the sons of the prophet borrowed an axe for this purpose. But the axe head fell off and sank into the water.

In fear and sorrow, he cried out to Elisha, "Alas, master! For it was borrowed." Why the fear and sorrow? He knew that what was borrowed must be returned to the owner and in good condition. He could not bear the thought of returning to the owner empty-handed without the axe. The concern and outcry of the son of the prophet remind us of Romans 13:8 which says, "Owe no man any thing..." God does not want you to retain or keep what you borrowed as if it is yours. Return it to the owner and in good condition after use. If it has gotten damaged in your hands, quickly repair and return it. If it has gotten lost, look for it until you find it, or buy another to return to the lender. This makes you have a clear conscience before God and man.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to owe no one anything.

FURTHER READING: Acts 24:16

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2019
MONDAY DECEMBER 30, 2019

Before He Could Say "Sorry"
TEXT: Matthew 5:43-48

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you" (Matthew 5:44).

Peter preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ often. Some people hated him for this. One day, he mistakenly stepped on the toes of John, his seatmate in school. Before he could say "sorry," he got a slap from John. Instead of a frown or shout in return, Peter softly said "sorry" to him.
Not too long after that, the blade John was using to sharpen his pencil slipped off the pencil and gave Peter a deep cut. To John's greatest surprise, Peter was not rash, nor paid back in any way. He only told John not to worry, since it was not deliberate.

John was touched by this. "Just like that? Is forgiveness this easy?" He wondered. He felt so ashamed of himself and suddenly realized how bad and unforgiving he had been to others. He saw his need for repentance and forgiveness. Peter told him of Jesus Christ who alone makes bad children good. Learn to do good and follow peace at all times. Love even those who wish or do evil to you. This, exactly, is what Jesus is teaching and desires from you.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to help people know You by loving and forgiving them the way You do.

FURTHER READING: Romans 12:17-21

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2019
TUESDAY DECEMBER 31, 2019

Don't Look Back
TEXT: Genesis 19:22-26

"But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt" (Genesis 19:26).

Yet she did exactly what God said she should not do. She paid a terrible price for her disobedience. It is good to look in all directions and watch where you are going to avoid danger. But as good as the act of looking is, you may suffer shame and punishment if you look at ungodly things or in the wrong direction.

The story of Lot's wife is a very sad one and a serious lesson to everyone who may want to take God for granted. The angels were very gracious to her family. They held her hand to lead her out of danger. Specific instructions were given to her and all the members of her family on what to do during the period of escape.

They were warned not to look back because such an action will:
(i) Create a desire to go back to Sodom.
(ii) Cause them to regret their loss.
(iii) Make them to, perhaps, question God for judging the wicked.

Despite the seriousness of the instruction, Lot's wife chose to disobey God. She became a pillar of salt. God will not take it lightly with you, if you, for whatever reason, disobey Him.

If you are a friend of Jesus, know that you are saved from sin. Do not return to the bad behaviours you have been saved from. It is the will of God that you should not fall. He is able to keep you from falling.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to always obey your instructions.

FURTHER READING: Hebrews 3:16-19

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN DAILY DEVOTIONALS GUIDE
MONDAY JANUARY 14, 2019

ACCUSING FINGERS
TEXT: JOHN 8:7-11

"She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more" (John 8:11).

There are five fingers on each hand of every normal human being. If you point just one finger out of the five to somebody, the remaining four will be pointing to you. This is a wise saying to people who are fond of accusing others of wrongdoings.

Many children are guilty of accusing others like the religious leaders who wanted to stone the woman to death for adultery. They will always report the mistake of their brothers, sisters, friends, classmates in the school so that they will be punished, whereas they themselves are not free from evil and naughty behaviours. Some children even blame others for their own wrong actions. They never accept their faults neither are they ready to apologize for their bad deeds.

Jesus has a special message for you if you are one of such, who points accusing fingers at others. "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." Examine your heart, are you quick to judge the actions of others? Do you always blame others when anything goes wrong? Do you always see the speck in others' eyes while there is a log in your own eyes? What Christ expects from every sinner is genuine repentance. Humble yourself before God, recognize your sinful ways, repent of all sins, ask for forgiveness and cleansing through the blood of Jesus.

PRAYER: Lord, help me so that the bad things I used to do, I will do them no more.

FURTHER READING: John 5:13-15

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 01, 2020

The Branch Of The Lord
TEXT: Isaiah 4:2-6

"In that day shall the branch of the Lord be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel" (Isaiah 4:2).

The branch is that part of a tree that carries the leaves and bears the fruits. Can you imagine a tree without branches? Such a tree will not be useful to anyone. Branches and leaves make a tree beautiful, and they provide a shade for us from the heat of the sun.

Do you know that it will be difficult to identify a tree without the branches, leaves and fruits it bears? Therefore, the glory of every tree lies in its branches, its leaves, the fruits it bears, its flowers and the fragrance it emits.

The Bible speaks about the Branch of the Lord, its beauty and glory, its fruits being excellent and comely - pleasant to look at. In John 15:2, the Lord Jesus explains that His friends are the branches and He is the True Vine. Therefore, much is expected from you as a friend of Jesus.

Are you beautiful and glorious in conduct? Are the fruits of your heart and tongue holy like Jesus? Are the friends you keep and the service you render to Him excellent and comely?

As the branch of the Lord, you must be beautiful in conduct and character, and bear much fruit of holiness. You should be a model, an example of Christ to the people around you. Let others see Jesus in you.

PRAYER: I pray that my life will be full of grace, and others will always see Jesus in me.

FURTHER READING: John 15:1-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 16, 2020

The Face, Not The Back
TEXT: Jeremiah 32:30-35

"And they have turned unto me the back, and not the face: though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction" (Jeremiah 32:33).

A local adage goes thus: "Serious and fruitful communication lies in the eyes." Turning your back on someone who wants to have a heart-to-heart talk with you is unfriendly and is regarded as an act of rejection. This was what the children of Israel did to God. They turned their backs on God's instructions and rebelled against His word.

God was not happy with them and therefore allowed their enemies to take them captive. The situation is still the same in this present time. Many children have turned their backs on God. Some call on God but are not willing to do His will. They put on religious garments on the outside of their bodies, but within, they put on the garments of wickedness and ungodliness.

You must make up your mind to turn your face and not your back to God. Obey your godly teachers in the Church, in your family and in your School Fellowship. Cease from speaking evil words, keeping ungodly friends, watching immoral films, telling lies, cheating in examination and fighting. Make a good choice, do God's Will! Serve Him in righteousness. Speak to persuade others to turn from their disobedience, accept the love of Jesus, love Him and be saved.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to desire Your word and daily increase my love for You.

FURTHER READING: Hosea 7:13-16

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:07am On Feb 17, 2020
MONDAY FEBRUARY 17, 2020

Double Standard
TEXT: 2 Kings 17:33-40

"They feared the Lord, and served their own gods, after the manner of the nations whom they carried away from thence" (2 Kings 17:33).

No one can serve two masters at the same time. You will either please one and hurt the other, or offend both of them. Serving God should be a straight forward affair. God wants His children to serve Him with their whole hearts and not live a double standard life like the children of Israel did.

They were God's chosen people who had abandoned the living God to worship the idols of the nations around them. God allowed the king of Assyria to carry all the children of Israel captive to a strange place in Babylon. The king now replaced the children of Israel with the idol worshipping people of Babylon. The lessons here are that sin and backsliding:

(i) Remove God's protection.

(ii) Makes a child of God to suffer defeat and affliction in the hand of the enemies.

(iii) Results in the loss of one's precious heritage and possessions to strangers who do not appreciate its value.

God's command to you is that you should fear and serve Him in truth and in righteousness, and do not serve any other god beside Him. God cannot share His glory with anyone. Obey God in all your ways and do not live a double standard life.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I will serve You in truth and in righteousness all the days of my life.

FURTHER READING: Deuteronomy 31:12, 13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 18, 2020

Gaining Grounds For Jesus
TEXT: Mark 16:15-20

"And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen" (Mark 16:20).

As Christians, the sole purpose of living is to do the will of God by obeying His Great command to go into the world and preach the gospel. Before Christ's ascension to heaven, He committed the gospel work into the hands of His disciples. You are also one of His disciples if you have repented and turned away from your sins. Therefore, you have a duty to spread the light of the gospel in this dark world of sin.

Jesus did not only command us to carry out the great commission, He also promised the Holy Ghost power to everyone, to make the work easy and fruitful. With this power, there's assured victory over the works of darkness, and there's no limit to what you can achieve for Christ.

It is of utmost importance to preach the gospel and win souls for Christ wherever we may find ourselves. Jesus expects that we proclaim His love to every sinner. Ensure that you are part of the faithful disciples who will go everywhere with the power of the Holy Spirit and win the world for Christ.
As you go out today, make sure you preach the gospel to sinners around you, and the Lord will work through you with signs following.

PRAYER: Lord, give me the power to preach the gospel to save dying souls from hell.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 28:18-20

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 19, 2020

Let Go And Let God
TEXT: Psalm 46:1-11

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1).

The psalmist acknowledged the mighty deeds of God towards His people. He is always ready to help where needed. According to the lyrics of a song:

"All your anxiety, all your cares,
Bring to the mercy seat, leave it there,
Never a burden He cannot bear,
Never a friend like Jesus."

God doesn't push you away when you seek His help in accordance to His will. Walk in His will and see if He will not arise to help you when you need Him. God is good and He is ever faithful to His promises.

What are those things that bother you? Stop worrying and put your trust in God. Let go of the worries. Let go of all the hurts. Look up to God and rest on His faithful promises. He will fulfill all His promises in your life, He never fails.

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, grant me the grace to walk in Your will, and trust You till the very end.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 54:1-7

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (49) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.