Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,190 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" (383997 Views)

CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / A Man Wearing A Jesus Saves Tshirt At Mall Of America Was Ordered To Take It Off / The Sincere Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2022
Just 2 days to our Global Crusade live from Yola, Adamawa State.

How many people have you told? Start publicizing it now, and God will give you a special blessing for it.

#GlobalCrusadewithKumuyi
#globalcrusade
#GCK
#KumuyiliveinYola
#YolaGlobalCrusade
#AdamawaForChrist
#KemisolaOmoyiolaNotes (22 11 2022)

Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2022
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 23, 2022

EVERLASTING WORSHIP
BIBLE TEXT: REVELATION 5:11-14

"And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever" (Revelation 5:14).

The English word "worship" is derived from an old English word "worth ship" and explains those actions and attitudes that ascribe honour and worth to the great God of heaven and earth. Worship is God-centred and not human-centred.

Worship expresses faith, love and devotion from our hearts and with our lives to God the Father and to the worthy Lamb who was slain for our sins. Praise is the everlasting duty that friends of Jesus will render to our God and Saviour when we get to heaven.

Our Bible passage shows us a good example of the act of worship. The twenty and four elders representing the multitudes in heaven could not stand on their feet any longer, but fell down to worship God as they beheld His dazzling glory.

Even here on earth you have many reasons to worship and adore the Lord. Firstly, for the beauty of His holiness. Secondly, for His great wisdom and power in creation. Thirdly, for giving Jesus Christ, His Son, to save you from sin and hell. Fourthly, for His daily provision and many other things He has done.

Your whole spirit, soul and body should worship, adore and praise our great God always.

PRAYER: I will praise You, O my Saviour, I will praise You forever more

FURTHER READING: John 4:22-24

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48am On Nov 23, 2022
Just a day to go and Yola GCK will begin! Are you ready!?

Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33pm On Nov 23, 2022
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 24, 2022

HUMBLE YOURSELF AND REPENT
BIBLE TEXT: 1 KINGS 21:27-29

"Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days: but in his son's days will I bring the evil upon his house" (1 Kings 21:29).

Ahab, the king of Israel, was a wicked man who married a wicked woman called Jezebel. Both of them persecuted men of God, particularly Elijah, and did very terrible things. Their evil deeds made God to bring His judgment upon them. In response to this planned judgment of God, Ahab humbled himself and repented, and God lifted the planned judgment off his head.

No matter how terrible a sinner is, once he humbles himself and comes to God in repentance, he receives forgiveness and pardon. The Bible says, *"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon" (Isaiah 55:7).

God is merciful and does not want any sinner to die and go to hell fire. He made the provision for man's redemption from sin through Jesus Christ. The sinner's role is to repent from all sins and accept Jesus as his/her personal Saviour and Lord.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to always humble myself so that I can enjoy Your mercies

FURTHER READING: 2 Chronicles 7:14

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Nov 24, 2022
Today is the D-day! Our Crusade is starting this evening. May God meet us at the points of our needs with miracles of MERCY and COMPASSION in Jesus name. smiley

Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:28am On Nov 25, 2022
Ministers' and Professionals' Conference || Day 2 || The Power that Never Fails || GCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeAZouKh0ok
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2022
Day 2 || The Power that Never Fails || GCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e-KpEl6Ftw
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35am On Nov 26, 2022
Impact Academy || The Power that Never Fails || GCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRmoljz7H3g
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13am On Nov 27, 2022
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 26, 2022

GOD REQUIRES FAITHFULNESS
BIBLE TEXT: DANIEL 6:1-4

"Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him" (Daniel 6:4).

Today, the church and the world are looking for people who have "an excellent spirit" to do exploits in this generation. Daniel was such a man in his generation. Intellectual knowledge alone cannot achieve much. There must be a combination of intellectual knowledge with spiritual gifts to achieve extraordinary things in any generation.

As children of God, you must do well in your education and also be strong spiritually to excel. In addition, you need scriptural qualities to keep functioning at the level which God expects of you. Some of these qualities are:

Faithfulness - Being loyal and dependable in times of trials of your faith in God.
Fear of God - This is the type of fear that keeps away from sin and honours God.
Fearlessness - This is the absence of the fear of man. Fear of man weakens one to stand for God.
Forbearance - There must be longsuffering to achieve the best in life.
Forgiveness - This is necessary to make progress in life.
Fruitfulness - The Lord expects us to be fruitful in every good work.
Use these attributes as a daily check list.

PRAYER: Lord, give me power to function in my service and work for You

FURTHER READING: Genesis 39:1-6

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02am On Nov 28, 2022
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 27, 2022

DANGEROUS SUSPICION
BIBLE TEXT: 2 SAMUEL 10:1-5

"And the princes of the children of Ammon said unto Hanun their lord, Thinkest thou that David doth honour thy father, that he hath sent comforters unto thee? hath not David rather sent his servants unto thee, to search the city, and to spy it out, and to overthrow it"? (2 Samuel 10:3).

Mrs. Mercious was a very kind woman. One day, God touched her heart to buy and send some food materials to a poor family living close to her house. Amarie's mother received the gift with mixed feelings. After leaving the stuff for a few days unattended to, she destroyed them; having heard a rumour in the past that Mrs. Mercious is generous for some evil gain.

In our text, Nahash, the king of Ammon had died. This man had been kind to David in time past. David decided to show kindness to Hanun, his son, who is now the new king by sending his messengers to comfort Hanun. But the princes of the children of Ammon suspected that David did not mean to do good, but was looking for a way to attack the king. Hanun disgraced the messengers of David and sent them away. Suspicion is a terrible sin before God.

Have you rejected God's blessing through someone not because you do not need it but because you think evil in your heart? That may be wrong and ungodly. However, as children, it is good to always pray and show your parents whatever gift you receive before you use it.

PRAYER: I pray that the Spirit of the Lord will lead me in all I do and receive, and keep me from evil

FURTHER READING: Psalm 109:3-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2022
MONDAY NOVEMBER 28, 2022

WORTHY IS THE LAMB
BIBLE TEXT: REVELATION 5:9-12

"Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain"... (Revelation 5:12a).

Our Bible passage is a part of Jesus' revelation to John, His beloved disciple. At this point, he heard a glorious song from heaven sung by uncountable number of heavenly hosts declaring the worthiness of HE who sits on the throne, the LORD Jesus.

The word worthy is used here to describe someone who possesses great worth, honour and great esteem; someone who is suitable for an assignment, deserving merit, having excellent quality suited for a duty, one who excels in achievement and is distinguished in deeds.
Jesus Christ has done what nobody in heaven and on earth was worthy to do. He is, therefore, worthy to receive power, riches, wisdom, strength, honour, glory and blessing. These virtues He possesses before the world was formed. But here, He needed to receive them for the benefit of all His friends.

All that we need to live a successful Christian life and to be qualified to live eternally in heaven have been received for us through the death and resurrection of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. You must sing His worth, declare His greatness, spread the news of His love to mankind and daily enjoy the benefits of His work on the cross through a holy and righteous life.

PRAYER: You are worthy O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power for saving our souls

FURTHER READING: Psalm 18:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2022
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2022

THE BEST CITY
BIBLE TEXT: REVELATION 21:1-5

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband" (Revelation 21:2).

There are some cities in the world that are said to be the most beautiful. For example, Paris - it is commonly said: "See Paris and die." What it means is that the beauty of Paris can take the breath out of somebody because of surprise.

Another beautiful city in our modern time is called Dubai. Many rich people travel there from different parts of the world to enjoy its beauty. However, no matter how beautiful a city or country is, it is still filled with a lot of imperfections and challenges such as environmental pollutions, crime, climate change, etc.

Thanks be to our God because there is a City that no city in the world can compare with. The name of the city is Heaven. It is also called other names like New Jerusalem, Paradise, City of God, Holy City, etc. You can imagine how a city will be when you have God the Father, His Son (Jesus), the Holy Spirit, all angels and all saints living there.

If you cannot visit certain cities of your dream in your lifetime, you have not missed anything. Just try and make it to heaven at last. The Architect and Builder is God Himself; and the plan and the design are beyond this world. The streets are decorated with gold and precious things.

Surrender your life to Jesus and live a holy life every day so that you can be qualified to live with Him in heaven.

PRAYER: Help me O Lord, to live a righteous life so that I can get to heaven and live with You forever

FURTHER READING: Revelation 22:1-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2022
Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, are you ready for Global Crusade With Kumuyi?

Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2022
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 30, 2022

THE MEDIATOR
BIBLE TEXT: 1 TIMOTHY 2:1-6

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5).

A mediator is one who acts as an intermediary between opposing sides in order to bring about a settlement. A mediator strives to settle a disagreement or quarrel between two parties with the goal of making enemies become friends.

There is only one Mediator between mankind and God, and His Name is Jesus Christ. He came to the world because we were separated from God as a result of sin. God hates sin, and that is why it stands between us and Him.

Nothing we could do on our own that would be sufficient to mediate between us and God. No amount of good works can make us righteous enough to stand before a holy God. Without a Mediator, we were destined to spend eternity in hell.

Yet, there is hope! Jesus represents those who have placed their trust in Him before God's throne of grace. He mediates for us as much as a defence attorney (lawyer) mediates for his clients, telling the judge, "Your honour, my client is innocent of all charges against Him."

That is true for us also. Someday we will face God, but as totally forgiven sinners because of Jesus' death on our behalf. Jesus, our defense Attorney and Mediator took the penalty for us. On the cross, Jesus exchanged our sin for His righteousness. Have you accepted Jesus as your personal Saviour and Lord? He is pleading with you to come to Him now.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I accept You as my personal Saviour and Lord

FURTHER READING: Hebrews 9:5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2022
THURSDAY DECEMBER 01, 2022

COVENANT PROMISE
BIBLE TEXT: ISAIAH 41:10-13

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness" (Isaiah 41:10).

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

"Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish."

"Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought."

"For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."

PRAYER: Do as You have said O Lord, and let all that war against me be confounded and soundly defeated in Jesus' Name

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 43:1-3

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Dec 03, 2022
FRIDAY DECEMBER 02, 2022

BEGINNING OF MIRACLES
BIBLE TEXT: John 2:1-11

"This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth His glory; and His disciples believed on Him" (John 2:11).

When a good thing begins, it offers so much hope and relief. When in March 1876 Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, it was like a "miracle" to the world. The hope that people will be able to talk to someone thousands of kilometres away as if he is sitting right beside them offered so much relief.

The beginning of Christ's miracles also marked the beginning of joy and freedom for the oppressed and the needy. Though men have to improve on their inventions over and over again, Jesus' miracles are perfect and meet the needs of man - body, soul and spirit.

It is wrong to go from place to place looking for miracles without the desire to do the will of God who intervenes in our lives to deliver us from trouble and supply our needs. The greatest and the most important miracle every human needs is the miracle of salvation.

Jesus says it is better for you to go to heaven with one eye and with one hand than to enjoy the miracle of healing and go to hell. All you need do is to repent, confess your sins to God, ask for pardon and cleansing through the blood of Jesus. This step is the beginning of a new life for you.

PRAYER: Lord, forgive my sin, cleanse my heart and save my soul

FURTHER READING: John 5:23-25

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2022
SATURDAY DECEMBER 03, 2022

THE GOOD SHEPHERD
BIBLE TEXT: JOHN 10:7-11

"I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep" (John 10:11).

'Kalos', the Greek word, translated 'good' describes that which is noble, wholesome, good and beautiful. Jesus says He is the "Good Shepherd" because His purpose as a Shepherd was different from that of the Scribes and Pharisees. They were out to cheat the people, to seek glory for themselves and lead the people to error and disobedience toward God. No doubt, the Lord called them hirelings. The Lord Jesus protects, guides, nurtures, and gives His life to save His friends.

The condition in our world today is worse. There are many false teachers around us. Some come in the name of Jesus, and some clearly oppose Him; but they have the same aim - to lead their followers to hell.

Jesus went about preaching the gospel, saving sinners and delivering the oppressed. He is the Good Shepherd that you must follow. A sheep that separates itself and ignores the instructions of the Master will soon be eaten up by the lions.

Are you the sheep of the Good Shepherd? Have you turned away from your bad behaviour to make Jesus your Saviour? This is the time to repent and accept Jesus as your personal Saviour and Shepherd.

PRAYER: Lord, save me from false teachers around me and help me to follow You only

FURTHER READING: John 10:12-18

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48am On Dec 04, 2022
SUNDAY DECEMBER 04, 2022

YOU ARE SPECIAL
BIBLE TEXT: GENESIS 1:26-31

"So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them" (Genesis 1:27).

On the sixth day of creation, God made Adam. He did not make him the way He did with His other creations like trees, flowers, and many kinds of animals, He made him in a special way. God made Adam in His own image. He breathed into him His own breath, and Adam became a living being.

To show that Adam was special, He made him to have dominion and rule over all other creatures. It is wonderful to know that of all the living and non-living things God created, only Adam was made in His image. He could talk to God, be creative, love and feel the need to be loved.

You are the offspring of Adam, you are specially made too. When God made you, He placed His Spirit inside you so that you will live for ever and ever. God has made everything beautiful You are part of God's beautiful creation. This is the reason you must always remember that God made you for a special purpose. He desires that you know Him, do His will, serve Him faithfully, and at the end live with Him in heaven forever.

If you want His purpose fulfilled in your life, talk to Him now. Whenever you pray, your spirit reaches out to God, which makes Him very happy. Animals and other things cannot do that because they do not have a spirit. It is the Spirit of God in you that makes you so special.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank You because I am special, help me to fulfil your purpose for my life

FURTHER READING: Ecclesiastes 3:11

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05pm On Dec 05, 2022
MONDAY DECEMBER 05, 2022

TRICKISH SERPENT
BIBLE TEXT: GENESIS 3:1-7

"Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" (Genesis 3:1).

"Just taste it, it's not harmful, everyone is doing it", said Tracy to Dammy. Then Dammy took a little dose and collapsed to the floor. Tracy started running here and there calling for help. "Call 911 please," she cried. Within five minutes, the ambulance arrived and conveyed Dammy to the hospital.

She was however lucky to live to tell the story of her foolish action. She realized afterward that she should have resisted the temptation to fall for Tracy's offer to taste hard drugs. She then remembered all the word of God she had learnt, she surrendered her life to Christ and vowed never to follow bad friends and their tricks.

God had given a specific and direct instruction and warning to Adam and Eve concerning the fruit of the tree in the midst of the garden. Suddenly, the serpent appeared on the scene to trick them to disobey God. They yielded to the trick, and here we are today bearing the result of their fall.

There are still many "trickish serpents" in the world today. They are going about luring children into immorality, consumption of hard drugs, smoking, bad gangs, violence, pornography and other evil things.

To Adam, just one bite of the forbidden fruit seemed reasonable. He took a bite and lost his paradise and fellowship with God. You do not need to learn the hard way and end up with regrets. Always say NO to all suggestions to disobey God.

PRAYER: Lord, give me grace to resist every temptation coming from trickish agents

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 14:12

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Dec 06, 2022
TUESDAY DECEMBER 06, 2022

CHASTE VIRGINS
BIBLE TEXT: ACTS 21:6-9

"And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy" (Acts 21:9).

Evangelist Philip lived in Caesarea with his family and served the Lord. He was one of those appointed by the apostles to serve the brethren in the early church (Acts 6:1-7). As he served the Lord faithfully, he was blessed with four daughters who were virgins.

This means they were pure in their body and heart. They were not careless like Dinah the daughter of Jacob who exposed herself to immorality by befriending the unbelieving daughters of the land. They were chaste, sanctified, righteous and holy virgins who prophesied to the glory of God.

True beauty comes from God. It is not the make-up, cosmetics, attachments of the world or worldly dressing that gives beauty. Immoral relationships among boys and girls lead to disgrace. Therefore, you must beware of bad influences in your community.

True faith in Christ Jesus through repentance, living a pure life, walking in humility and daily pleasing God, is the secret of true beauty. The grace of God is available for everyone who desires to shine for Him. Holiness and righteousness is the beauty of Jesus' friends. Be like the daughters of Philip in your community and live to glorify God.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, beautify my life with Your holiness so that I can shine for God's glory

FURTHER READING: Revelation 19:6-9

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48am On Dec 07, 2022
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 07, 2022

GET UP AND GO
BIBLE TEXT: GENESIS 12:1-5

"Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee" (Genesis 12:1).

Abram was born and raised in a country known as Ur of the Chaldees. There he married Sarai, had servants and was an established and prosperous farmer. When he was seventy-five years old, he heard God calling him to leave the country of his birth.

God called him to leave where he had been for 75 years to an unknown land. Did Abram obey? Yes, he did. His obedience to God's call opened the door of great blessings to him. He eventually had uncountable number of descendants.

Today, the Lord is calling you to also get up and go. It is not to go out of your parents' home like Abram did, but to get up from sleeping, playfulness and laziness to go into your community and preach the gospel to every creature.

The world is filled with sinners and the end is at hand. Jesus will come any moment from now to take His friends to heaven. If you fail to go and preach, many sinners will remain in their sins and miss the rapture. The call is urgent, therefore you must promptly obey as Abram did.
Preach the gospel in your school, streets, bus stops and neighbourhood. Your effort will lead sinners to Christ and save them from perishing. Great rewards await you as you obey this great and urgent call.

PRAYER: Lord, I will obey Your call and preach the gospel

FURTHER READING: Mark 16:15-20

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:21am On Dec 09, 2022
THURSDAY DECEMBER 08, 2022

THE PRODIGAL SON
BIBLE TEXT: LUKE 15:11-24

"And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son" (Luke 15:21).

Jesus tells a story of a man who had two sons. One day, the younger son decided that he wanted to leave home to go enjoy himself in a faraway country. So, he went to his father to ask for his own portion of the family's investment (money). His father gave it to him, and he left. Soon, he spent all the money on partying and useless things. He became lonely, miserable and hungry. He then decided to take a job of feeding pigs just to get food to eat. One day, as he fed the pigs, he thought "my father's servants have plenty of food, and here am I starving, I will arise and go back to my father and ask for forgiveness."

Surprisingly, the father had missed his son. So, when he saw him coming back home, he ran to him, hugged and kissed him. It was a loving and warm welcome. The son said to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son."

But his father forgave and received him back. He told his servants to bring out a fine robe for his son, organised a big party, and they began to celebrate. The father received his son back as one that was dead in sins and trespasses and is now awake to a new life. If you will come to Jesus now, He will receive you and make you His friend. Then heaven will rejoice because of you.

PRAYER: Heavenly Father, I come to You now, forgive me and wash my heart clean with the blood of Jesus.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 18:11-14

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On Dec 10, 2022
Recharge To Excel

Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2022
SATURDAY DECEMBER 10, 2022

THE SABBATH
BIBLE TEXT: NUMBERS 15:32-36

"And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day" (Numbers 15:32).

God created the heaven and the earth and everything in just six days. On the seventh day, He rested. He did not rest because He was tired, but to show us, His creatures, the necessity of being orderly in our day-to-day activities. We also learnt through this experience that there is time for everything. Time to work and time to rest. We are not expected to work at the time of rest, so that our body can be refreshed and ready to work again.

The Sabbath was instituted by God as a natural order of how things should work. During the wilderness journey, God gave the children of Israel rules to guide them. One of such rules was the observance of the Sabbath Day (Saturday) as a period of rest. The rule was so strict that anyone who disobeyed would be stoned to death.

Today, the Christian's day of rest (Sabbath) is Sunday. It is a day to rest from all physical labour so as to have time to worship God and fellowship with one another. The Bible encourages us that we should not forsake the assembly of the brethren. Although the death penalty for breaking the Sabbath may no longer apply to us, yet anyone who constantly misses fellowship will surely die spiritually.

It is not good to miss fellowship, because through it we get to learn the word of God that will make us to grow and prepare for heaven. Make up your mind to always be in the fellowship with other friends of Jesus.

PRAYER: Lord, give me grace to obey Your word.

FURTHER READING: Hebrews 10:23-29

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2022
SUNDAY DECEMBER 11, 2022

THE DRIVER'S SEAT
BIBLE TEXT: EXODUS 25:17-22

"And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel" (Exodus 25:22).

Every automobile is designated with a special seat where the driver or pilot sits to operate it. In some countries, the driver's seat is on the left-hand side while other countries have automobiles with the driver's seat on the right-hand side.

The manufacturers of automobiles have so designed each vehicle to have special control panels located at the driver's side. For example, the gear, accelerator, brake, steering, light buttons and others.

The driver is the only one who can operate these control panels. If a passenger without driving skills decides to take over the driver's seat, then he cannot have a smooth and successful ride to his desired destination. The driver's seat is the centre of attraction and the one that determines whether the passengers will have a successful journey or not.

When God instructed Moses to have the Israelites build the Ark of Covenant, He commanded that a special seat (Mercy Seat) be placed on top of the Ark. The "Mercy Seat" was the location where God would meet with His people to commune with them. Each time they went before the Ark of Covenant, they experienced the presence of God through the Mercy Seat.

God travelled with them and was the centre of attraction in their fellowship. In essence, we can say that God was in the driver's seat. When you surrender your life to Christ, you are asking Him to take control and be the Driver and Guide over your life. This is a special privilege for all children of God.

PRAYER: Lord, I surrender all unto You. Be in the driver's seat of my life.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 80:1,2

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2022
MONDAY DECEMBER 12, 2022

SERVE THE LORD ONLY
BIBLE TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 7:1-4

..."and prepare your hearts unto the LORD, and serve him only: and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines" (1 Samuel 7:3).

The Philistines were neighbours to the children of Israel, and yet they were their greatest enemy. They hardly allowed the children of Israel to rest without seeking a fight with them.

Israel was even afraid of these people and was tired of fighting them, but they kept calling for war. Their plan was to bring reproach to the God of Israel, thinking that nobody from Israel would be able to face Goliath. But God used David to take away this reproach from His people.
You may think that this only happened in time past. Even today, the Philistines have remained the greatest enemy of Israel. Samuel told the children of Israel where their victory lies. They can only be victorious if they prepare their hearts and serve the Lord only. Putting confidence in their weapons will rob them of victory.

Do you know that you have an enemy who is always at war with you? Satan and his messengers plan to cause you to sin so you can loose the favour of God. They will never allow you to rest as long as you are still in this world. But you can only overcome them by serving the Lord in righteousness and truth. And the Lord will deliver you. Make up your mind that you will serve the Lord only.

PRAYER: Lord, give me grace to do Your will, and deliver me from the hands of my enemies.

FURTHER READING: Luke 1:70-75

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2022
TUESDAY DECEMBER 13, 2022

SHARING RESPONSIBILITIES AT HOME
BIBLE TEXT: EXODUS 18:13-21

"Thou wilt surely wear away, both thou, and this people that is with thee: for this thing is too heavy for thee; thou art not able to perform it thyself alone" (Exodus 18:18).

Moses, the leader of the children of Israel, was doing the leadership work alone. Then Jethro, his father-in-law, gave him a good advice on how to share the responsibilities with appointed leaders. Moses accepted the advice and the burden became easy for him to bear.
These same principles should apply in our homes. Children are not to leave the work at home for their parents alone. In the home, there are many duties for different age groups.

For example, the mother takes responsibility for preparing meals for the family, the father provides shelter and security while the children, no matter how young, have specific duties they must perform each day. These duties are referred to as house chores.

You and your siblings must be involved in doing your own portion of house chores. You can ask your mom or dad to share the work for you. Develop a schedule and make sure you do your part.

These chores include washing dishes, sweeping and mopping floors, dusting furniture, emptying garbage or trash bins, washing clothes, ironing, gardening, tidying the house and keeping the surrounding clean, running errands and other duties that your parents may assign to you.

Sharing responsibilities will help each member of the family to do his/her part without any argument or conflict. It will also promote peace, harmony and dignity of labour. Be up and doing, and God will bless you.

PRAYER: Lord, make me an obedient child.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 12:24-28

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 14, 2022

THE ROLL-CALL
BIBLE TEXT: REVELATION 20:11-15

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:15).

The students of Victory College had just returned from an excursion to the zoo. Back in school, the teacher wanted to be sure that none of them was missing. So, he called out their names from his register.

"Derek, Samson, Dan, Brook, Florence, Grace, Ezekiel, Timothy, Dave". Then, when he called out Tom's name, there was no response. "Tom, T-o-o-m," he shouted, then the response came from a distance, "I am here." Now the teacher was happy because none of his students was missing. He dismissed them to go home in peace. This exercise that the teacher did with his students is known as roll-call.

The roll-call is like a checklist used to determine the number of people in a particular setting. Do you know that there is going to be a final roll-call of all human beings at the end of the world? God has His registers known as "Books and The Book of Life." The Books contain the records of the works and actions of everyone while on earth. On the other hand, The Book of Life contains the names of the Redeemed.

On the last day, the angels will take the roll-call, and whoever is not found written in The Book of Life shall be cast into the Lake of Fire. Where is your name? Be sure you are born-again and live a holy life. This is the sure path to having your name written in The Book of Life.

PRAYER: When the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.

FURTHER READING: Revelation 3:3-6

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2022
THURSDAY DECEMBER 15, 2022

A FAITHFUL SON
BIBLE TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 4:16-20

"For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church" (1 Corinthians 4:17).

Timothy was the son of Eunice, and his grandmother was Lois. Though Timothy believed in the Lord before Apostle Paul met him, Paul adopted him as his son in the faith. There was no complaint from Paul against Timothy. The testimony of Paul concerning him was "my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord." Timothy was a faithful son indeed!

By definition, faithfulness means to be truthful, honest, correct, loyal, reliable and dependable. It is the quality of showing a great sense of responsibility. Examples of those who were faithful in the Bible are Moses, Hanani, Daniel, Onesimus and the apostles.

God expects every child to be faithful in everything. It is therefore important that every duty given to you in the school, home or in the fellowship be done faithfully. Unfaithfulness to God in small or great things attracts His displeasure, discipline and demotion.

Some of the areas God expects faithfulness from you are: observing personal fellowship with Him, obeying the word of God, winning souls to the Lord, obeying your parents, doing school work regularly, etc. As you examine yourself in the word of God today and see where you are not faithful, you must pray and promise Him to be faithful in all areas of your life.

PRAYER: My God and my Lord, help me to be faithful in all I do.

FURTHER READING: Luke 16:10-13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59am On Dec 16, 2022
FRIDAY DECEMBER 16, 2022

THE MOST EXCELLENT WAY
BIBLE TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 12:31

"But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way" (1 Corinthians 12:31).

The Bible identifies the most excellent way as the way of love. Love is a four-letter word, but it is the central theme and message of the Bible. This important message runs through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

Firstly, through love, God made man in His own image and gave him the breath of life. This privilege was not given to animals and other creations. Secondly, God made provision for our salvation as soon as man fell into sin. He promised that He would send His only begotten Son to die for us. He would bruise the head of Satan, and Satan will only be able to wound his heel.

Thirdly, He provides for us everything that we need to make life easy and enjoyable. Lastly and most importantly, He fulfilled His promise by sending His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins. This is the height of love.

All you need to do is to accept this offer of love from God and become a friend of Jesus. Then His love will be spread abroad in your heart so that you can also go forth and show God's love to all around you.

PRAYER: Thank You Lord for Your love for me, help me to always share Your love with others.

FURTHER READING: John 3:16

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42pm On Dec 17, 2022
SATURDAY DECEMBER 17, 2022

BEWARE OF WOLVES
BIBLE TEXT: MATTHEW 7:13-20

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" (Matthew 7:15).

The Eskimos have an interesting way of killing wolves. They take a sharp knife, dip it in seal-fat, and plant it blade-up in the snow. A hungry wolf will smell the seal-fat, which it loves, find the knife and begin to lick it.

As soon as it licks it, the wolf tastes blood - its own blood. Because it loves the taste of blood, it licks more and more until it finally kills itself. What it thought at first to be a good provision to satisfy its hunger for blood, was actually the one that killed it.

Feeding on worldly things and its sinful pleasure, is like that of the wolf and the seal knife. At first it tastes good, but its really destroying.
There are many wolves in the world today who put on sheep's clothing. These are dangerous contents packaged with beautiful materials to make them look attractive to innocent and careless children.

Such attractions include - pornographic materials, immoral films, false prophets/teachers, foods and drinks prepared with hard drugs, parties, bad and dangerous games, etc. They may look harmless, but they are very dangerous to your spiritual well-being.

The warning from the Lord is that we should beware of wolves in sheep's clothing. Run away from every appearance of "wolves." God will keep you.

PRAYER: Lord, please preserve me from every wolf that comes in sheep's clothing.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 10:16

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "Ordered Steps" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59am On Dec 18, 2022
SUNDAY DECEMBER 18, 2022

BE A BLESSING
BIBLE TEXT: GENESIS 12:1-5

"And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing" (Genesis 12:2).

Everyone desires blessings, either spiritual, physical or material. It is God's desire to bless all His children. All you need do is to trust God, serve Him in truth and holiness, and the door of His manifold blessings will be opened to you. However, you are not expected to keep all of God's blessings to yourself alone. God wants you to be a source of blessing to others.

God called Abraham to follow Him, and he obeyed. This unquestionable obedience opened the door of blessings to Abraham. He then became a blessing to his immediate family, his community, those he came across as he journeyed through life, and eventually to the whole world. Now, we are still enjoying the blessings of Abraham.

In the same way, when a child becomes a friend of Jesus, he must understand that he is also called to be a channel of blessing to others. Jesus sets you free from sin and Satan so that He can use you to set others free too. Understand therefore that God saved you to bless you, but in addition, to make you a blessing to your parents, siblings, relations, sinners and others.

By your godly example, by your faith and trust in your Saviour, by your kind and caring lifestyle, by your words of love from Jesus and by your hope of eternal rest in heaven, you should be a blessing to all around you.

PRAYER: Make me a channel of blessing to others. Lord, I pray.

FURTHER READING: Galatians 3:14

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (49) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.