Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" (380665 Views)

CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / The Sincere Milk / What Is The Difference Between The Word Of Wisdom And The Word Of Knowledge Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:00am On Jul 16, 2019
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
TUESDAY JULY 16, 2019

EFFECTIVE PRAYER
TEXT: MATTHEW 6:5-13

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking" (Matthew 6:7).

Prayer is talking to God about your needs and desires. It is communion between man and God, especially if a person is a true friend of Jesus.

It is not all prayers offered to God that receives a response. God looks at the motive and aims behind every request and the life of the person offering the prayer. Some pray out of envy, strife, to show off, and for others to be destroyed.

Effective prayer is a prayer borne out of a pure mind, motive, good intention, and prayer with faith in God that He is able to do all things. For your prayers to be effective, ensure that you are a child of God, and pray with good motives. Have a right relationship with God by confessing and repenting of all sins.

During prayer, you must order your priorities. First, offer praises and thanksgiving unto God. Then ask that God's will should be done in your life. Forgive those who offend you and ask God to forgive you too. Pray for others and also for yourself. Remember to thank God for the expected answers to your prayers. Now, it is time to pray because you can only learn to pray by praying.

PRAYER: Lord, give me the grace to always pray aright.

FURTHER READING: James 5:16-18

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59am On Jul 17, 2019
WEDNESDAY JULY 17, 2019

THE CATCHING AWAY OF THE SAINTS
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 15:50-58

"Behold, I shew you a mystery, We shall not all sleep: but we shall all be changed" (1 Corinthians 15:51).

Saints are born-again boys, girls, men and women who are free from all sins and live a holy life daily.

According to the timetable of God, towards the end of the world, the saints of God will experience a supernatural catching up to heaven to meet the Lord Jesus in the sky. This event is necessary to prevent the true friends of Jesus from partaking in the suffering which the antichrist will bring upon the earth.

The catching away of the saints can happen any time from now, and it will happen unannounced. If you are a friend of Jesus, continue to live a holy life and preach the gospel to sinners around you.

If you are a sinner, quickly repent so that you will not miss the rapture when it occurs. Do not delay because it is dangerous to do so. The trumpet can sound any moment from now. Like the wise virgins, you must be pure and have extra oil in your lamp. This means you must be watchful so that you will not be taken unawares.

PRAYER: Lord, give me the grace to always be ready for the rapture.

FURTHER READING: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26am On Jul 18, 2019
THURSDAY JULY 18, 2019

LONG LIFE
TEXT: PSALM 91:10-16

"With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation" (Psalm 91:16).

God promised His children the blessing of long life. The world we are now in is full of diseases and other natural disasters that are claiming the lives of many people, and making many to die young. This is not the will of God for His children.

Many people in the Bible such as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and a host of others lived long because they lived their lives to please their Maker. However, certain habits can shorten one's life. These include: smoking, taking hard drugs, living in a dirty environment, eating and drinking dirty water, getting involved in witchcraft practices and other wicked activities. Such should be avoided.

The promise of long life is for children of God who live and walk in His ways. As you start today's activities, do the will of God always by spreading the good news of Jesus' salvation to others. Continue to live a holy life and shine for Jesus. He will give you long life to shine more for Him.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to obey and keep Your commandments so that the promise of long life can be mine.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 118:17,18

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16am On Jul 19, 2019
FRIDAY JULY 19, 2019

BE PERFECT
TEXT: MATTHEW 5:43-48

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" (Matthew 5:48).

Perfection is an attribute of God because He is holy, pure, righteous and faultless. Because God is perfect, He also commanded His children to be perfect. It is only when you are perfect that you can walk with Him like Enoch did, and partake in the rapture.

Who is a perfect child? A perfect child is one without fault. A child can be perfect in the eyes of men but sinful in the sight of God. For example, David pretended to love Achish, king of the Philistines, when he and his men went to destroy some of Achish's people.

In the case of some other Bible characters like Job, Zecharias and Elisabeth, the Bible testified that they were perfect, righteous, blameless and faultless. God can make you perfect too.

If you are a sinner, repent. Ask Jesus to wash your heart clean with His blood. Ask Him to sanctify and make you pure. Be determined to live a holy life even in the midst of this wicked and corrupt world. If the saints of old were able to live a perfect life, you too can be perfect.

PRAYER: Lord, make me to be righteous and holy.

FURTHER READING: 1 Peter 1:13-16

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14am On Jul 20, 2019
SATURDAY JULY 20, 2019

BIBLE CITY - SHECHEM
TEXT: GENESIS 12:1-7

"And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto that plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land" (Genesis 12:6).

Shechem was an important city situated in the central part of Canaan land. As its name - Shechem, which means 'shoulder', it was built on the lower South East slope or shoulder of Mount Ebal. This city has many biblical importance.

1. When God called Abraham to leave his native land to a place he did not know yet, Shechem was the first place he camped. Here, God also appeared unto Abraham and he built his first altar unto the Lord.

2. After Jacob's sojourn with Laban, he returned to Shechem and also built an altar there. He settled there with his family until Dinah was defiled. After the trouble which arose as a result of the actions of Dinah's brothers killing all the males of the land, Jacob moved his family away from Shechem.

Shechem has witnessed a lot of transformation as it has been destroyed and rebuilt many times. Today, Shechem stands in ruins. This shows us that one day, this present world will be destroyed. Remember, Jesus has promised us a better place which He has gone to prepare for us. Let Christ dwell in your heart so that you will be qualified to live in a better city at the end.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, count me worthy to live in the better country that You have gone to prepare for Your friends.

FURTHER READING: Hebrews 11:13-16

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2019
SUNDAY JULY 21, 2019

SPEAK THE TRUTH
TEXT: REVELATION 21:5-8

"But the abominable, and murderers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Revelation 21:8).

Ten men were given cooked corn to plant and later report back with their shoots of the corn. Nine of them discovered that the corns would not germinate. They bought new ones and planted them in place of the cooked corn given to them. While only one, who was truthful, refused to plant any other corn. He reported back that his seed would not germinate.

After some months, they were called to display their corn; nine had their corn grown up except one. The judge was surprised that only one out of them all was honest. He was employed for a big job. They were told that they were all given cooked corn to plant; it was an integrity test. Nine of them failed the text, only one was honest.

Liars will not get to heaven, they will all go to hell fire. Some children tell lies to their parents at home. Some cheat in examinations, while others tell lies to escape punishment. All these are sinful. To stop the habit of lying, give your life to Jesus. He will give you a new nature, and make you to speak the truth at all times.

PRAYER: Lord, give me the grace to live holy and remain truthful.

FURTHER READING: Revelation 22:15

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2019
MONDAY JULY 22, 2019

THE BREAD OF LIFE
TEXT: JOHN 6:32-35

"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst" (John 6:35).

Jews said, "I am the bread of life". Anyone who believes in Him will be satisfied. Children eat bread when they are hungry. It satisfies the hungry child. But ordinary bread cannot satisfy our spiritual need. Every sinner needs salvation. Jesus is the spiritual bread that can give us salvation and eternal life. You need Jesus in your life.

Jesus loves you so much that He gave His life for you, so that you may live forever with Him in heaven. As physical bread nourishes the body and gives you strength, so also the Bread of Life nourishes our souls, keeps it healthy and fit for heaven.

To partake of the Bread of Life, a sinner must sincerely confess, repent and turn away from all sins. He will then ask for forgiveness and cleansing through the blood of Jesus. Then he will continue to feed on the word of God and obey all that it commands.

PRAYER: Lord, evermore give me this bread.

FURTHER READING: Exodus 16:15-17

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59am On Jul 23, 2019
TUESDAY JULY 23, 2019

GOD'S TEMPLE
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 6:15-20

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" (1 Corinthians 6:19).

The biggest church building on earth today is St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, Italy. But it can't be compared with the temple which Solomon built unto the Lord in Jerusalem. It was wonderful! Most of the things inside it were made of gold.

When Solomon dedicated the temple, the glory of God appeared and filled the house. God appeared to Solomon and told him that if the people of Israel would continue to serve Him, He (God) would be in that temple; but if they went into sin, He would forsake the temple. The people of Israel did not obey God, so the temple was destroyed.

Today, God does not dwell in the temple made with hands. He dwells in us. You are the temple of the Holy Ghost. As a Christian, your body is the personal dwelling place of the Holy Spirit.

As the Spirit lives in you and you belong to God, your body must never be defiled by anybody or by immoral thoughts, desires, deeds, films, books, magazines or worldly dressing and adornment. Rather, you must live in such a way as to honour and please God with your body.

PRAYER: Lord, make me a holy temple for You to dwell day and night.

FURTHER READING: 2 Corinthians 6:16-18

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:35am On Jul 24, 2019
WEDNESDAY JULY 24, 2019

WISDOM OF GOD
TEXT: HEBREWS 4:11-13

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

After king David died, his son, Solomon, became the new king of Israel, and God gave him great wisdom. One day, two women came to Solomon with a difficult issue.

These women were living together in a house and each of them had a baby. That morning, when they woke up, one of the babies had died. Both women argued and said, "The living baby is my baby." Then king Solomon said, "Bring the baby here so that I can cut it in half, then each of you can have half of the baby."

When the real mother heard that king Solomon was going to kill her baby, she said, "No, please don't kill my baby. Rather, give the baby to the other woman." The passion and love of a real mother was revealed. Through her action, Solomon gave a unique and correct judgement. This was God's wisdom at work.

The truth of God's word can reveal a person's lie and deceit. It is the Sword of the Spirit that bestows uncommon wisdom on all who believe and obey.

By reading and studying the Bible, we receive the wisdom of God. Because God's word is true, it helps us recognise the lies of the devil more easily. Therefore, make the Sword of the Spirit your best companion. Read it, meditate on it, and obey all that it commands.

PRAYER: Lord, give me a heart that meditates on Your word, so that I can be wise.

FURTHER READING: Ephesians 6:17

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2019
THURSDAY JULY 25, 2019

DO UNTO OTHERS
TEXT: LUKE 6:27-31

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise" (Luke 6:31).

Do you need a little cheering up? If so, look for somebody who also needs cheering up as well, and make him/her happy. You will find out that cheering up other people is a very good way to make yourself happy too.

Be a kind person who shows people how to be kind to others. If somebody offends you, forgive that person from your heart.

If someone is in pains, show your concern for such a person. That is a good way to attract God's favour. Let your life preach and teach others the love of Jesus. Be the Bible others will read, let them see Jesus in you both day and night. A songwriter wrote thus:

Speak a word, a loving word for Jesus
Ev'rywhere you go,
Speak a word, tender word for Jesus,
Speak a word, a warning word for Jesus,
Speak it day by day,
Strive to lead a weak and wand'ring brother in the narrow way.

As you do all these; favour, honour and help will come your way too.

PRAYER: God, let me be able to put myself in the position of others so I can care for them.

FURTHER READING: Colossians 3:13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
FRIDAY JULY 26, 2019

BE QUIET
TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 4:11

"And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you" (1 Thessalonians 4:11).

Quietness is a unique virtue that has helped a lot of people to achieve success in life. A child that lacks this unique virtue may become noisy and empty of grace. At home, in school and in church, do you know how to be quiet? To be quiet is an important part of learning.

Learning how to be quiet when you are being taught in school and in church will be of great benefit to you. Though it is not easy, but with continuous practice, you will soon get used to it. You will also learn how to speak in a quiet manner. When you speak, never be rude. You must speak gently and respectfully.

When you are in the church, always be quiet so that you can learn from the word of God. A quiet person is wise because, through quietness, he gets to learn a lot of lessons of life. These lessons will enable him to make wise decisions that will take him or her to the top. If you are a wise child, you can pray fervently for God to give you a quiet and gentle heart.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to be quiet and listen to You, and listen respectfully to everyone.

FURTHER READING: 2 Thessalonians 3:11

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:09am On Jul 27, 2019
SATURDAY JULY 27, 2019

LAMP UNTO MY FEET
TEXT: PSALM 119:105-112

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path" (Psalm 119:105).

Light is very important to man. That was why God started His creation by saying, "Let there be light." God created the sun and moon to give light to us in the world.

We also have man-made lights like electricity, flash light, candle light, etc. They help to show us the way when it is dark. In the same way the word of God is like a lamp to our feet and light unto our paths.

Jesus is the Word of God and He is the Light of the world. Any person who follows Him will not walk in darkness. Sinners are in darkness. That is why they steal, kill, fight, tell lies and do other bad things.

Are you a sinner? If you are, then you are in darkness. Give your life to Jesus today. He will be a lamp to your feet and a light to your path. You will no longer walk in darkness but you will be a shinning light to show others the way to Jesus.

PRAYER: Lord, as I read Your word, let it lighten my path.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 6:23

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
SUNDAY JULY 28, 2019

TEN TIMES BETTER
TEXT: DANIEL 1:17-21

"And in all matters of wisdom and understanding, that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm" (Daniel 1:20).

When you are ten times better in your class, that means that where your mates get 10%, you will score 100%. This was the case of Daniel, Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego, the Hebrew boys in Babylon. The secret of their success was faith in God, hard work, obedience to God, etc.

It may be that you are not doing well in your school work or in the work of God. The God of Daniel can make you ten times better. Only be holy and continue to trust in Him. He will surprise you.

Also, as a pupil you must be punctual to school, diligent in your school work, do all your homework and assignments, and prepare well for your tests and examinations.

You should also read through instructions on your question papers before answering the questions, obey school rules and regulations, copy your notes very well and at the right time, rest at the appropriate time, and pray for success in all you do.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to work hard and depend on Your promises for success.

FURTHER READING: Joshua 1:3-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2019
MONDAY JULY 29, 2019

SPIRITUAL DIET
TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 8:1-6

"And He humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that He might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live" (Deuteronomy 8:3).

There is a saying that you are what you eat. That means, if you eat good food it will nourish you and if you eat bad food you will not be nourished.

We refer to good food as balanced diet which contains carbohydrate, protein, fat and oil, minerals, vitamins and water. These all nourish the physical body and make us to grow into healthy adults.

In the same way the word of God nourishes the soul. The word of God is the Bible. It is food for the soul. Anyone who neglects the word of God will become spiritually malnourished. To avoid this, you must feed on the word of God daily.

Get a copy of the Bible, make it a point of duty to read a certain portion everyday. As you read, think on its message, memorize its words, believe it, and you will grow spiritually and be strong in faith. If you are still a sinner, repent now and believe the word of God.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, feed me with Your word.

FURTHER READING: Job 23:12

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:56am On Jul 31, 2019
TUESDAY JULY 30, 2019

SHUN WORLDLINESS
TEXT: 1 JOHN 2:15-17

"And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever" (1 John 2:17).

Worldliness is formed from the word 'world'. Behaving like the people of the world is worldliness. It can be in terms of dressing, eating, drinking, attending parties, friendship, talking, etc. A friend of Jesus should not love the world. We are in the world, but we are not of the world.

The world will pass away with all its ways. The child that does the will of God is the one that will abide forever. If you are a sinner who loves the world, repent and give your life to Jesus.

As a friend of Jesus, you must discipline yourself and shun worldly activities like parties, carnivals, festivals, pornographic films/pictures, immoral relationships and anything that can corrupt your mind.

Many children have been lured into evil as a result of the love of worldly things. You must be determined to stand for Christ. Reject all the temptation to join sinners to do evil. Be in fellowship with the people of God and be obedient to God's word.

PRAYER: Lord, take away the love of the world from my heart.

FURTHER READING: James 4:4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2019
WEDNESDAY July 31, 2019

God is Able
TEXT: Jeremiah 32:17-21

"Ah Lord GOD! thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm: and there is nothing too hard for thee" (Jeremiah 32:17).

Lucky loves Jesus with his whole heart. One day, he fell down while riding his bicycle to go and buy salt for his mom. He broke his ankle. He was rushed to the orthopaedic hospital for medical attention. While at the hospital, Lucky remembered his memory verse from Jeremiah 32:27, "Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me? " Lucky prayed that God should touch his ankle and heal him. God is our Great Physician, there is nothing too hard for Him. That night, Jesus visited Lucky. He touched all the broken bones and Lucky was healed. At the fellowship, he shared the testimony of how Jesus healed him. This led many children to surrender their lives to Jesus.

Jesus can do all things. He can solve any problem in your life. The reason many children remain in their problems is that they cannot pray. God is always ready to hear and answer your prayers if you can pray. What is it that seems impossible in your life? Have faith in God, pray and believe. God is able, and He will solve all your problems.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to keep trusting You.

FURTHER READING: Genesis 18:13, 14

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2019

The Secret To Long Life
He Shall Direct Thy Path
Respect For Elders
Be Steadfast

https://dclmsinceremilk..com/2019/08/the-secret-of-long-life.html

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2019
Omnibus

The End Of the Proud
Envy Not
Jesus knows His Own
Courageous Caleb

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
Omnibus

Honesty Pays
Sheep Among Wolves
Be Humble And Pray
God Forgives

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2019
Omnibus

God Is Good
Focus On Your Duty

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
FRIDAY AUGUST 16, 2019

QUIET TIME
TEXT: GENESIS 28:18-22

"And Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put for his pillows; (and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it" (Genesis 28:18).

Quiet Time is the period set apart for your personal fellowship with God. It is a period when a believer hears from God through the study of the Bible and the time he speaks to God through prayer.

The best time to observe quiet time is early in the morning and in the evening before going to bed. The reason is to avoid distraction from the noise of neighbours.

For you to observe your quiet time effectively, you must wake up early, you must not stay on the bed to read your Bible or pray to avoid sleeping. Write down the lesson you learnt from the Bible passages.

Anybody who is a friend of Jesus and observes quiet time has a lot of blessings to enjoy from God. You will have constant fellowship with God, live a victorious Christian life, and enjoy divine protection. It will also help you to be ready for the coming of the Lord.

Use the Sincere Milk, it will help you to know the portion of the Bible to read each day. Be diligent to do your quiet time everyday

PRAYER: Oh Lord, help me to observe my quiet time everyday.

FURTHER READING: Mark 1:35

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
Omnibus

Jesus Is Coming Soon
Laying Aside Every Weight

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2019
Bitter Becomes Sweet

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:49am On Aug 20, 2019
Bible City - Nineveh

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13am On Aug 21, 2019
Beware!

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34am On Aug 22, 2019
Don't Be Wicked

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Aug 23, 2019
God Rewards Acts Of Kindness

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Aug 24, 2019
The Story Of Jonah

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33am On Aug 25, 2019
God Used Even Lepers

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
The Sin Of Gehazi

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59am On Aug 27, 2019
TUESDAY AUGUST 27, 2019

The Widow's Last Meal
TEXT: 1 Kings 17:8-16

"And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days" (1 Kings 17:15).

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2019
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 28, 2019

IN DEFENCE OF THE TRUTH
TEXT: NUMBERS 25:6-13

"Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Israel in my jealousy" (Numbers 25:11).

Phinehas was not ashamed to stand up against evil. A man of Israel had an immoral relationship with a Midianitish woman in the sight of Moses and all Israel.

They were committing sin against God and bringing God's anger and judgment upon the land. Phinehas could not bear this as he rose up against the ungodly act. For defending the truth, God pronounced unimaginable blessings upon Phinehas.

Many Christian boys and girls today watch and laugh when ungodly children in their class or community make jest of the name of Jesus, use pastors and godly leaders to make comedy, and make fun of holy things. Others may, I cannot.

Today, you are not to kill or engage in a physical fight, but you are to preach against sin and all forms of ungodliness. You are also to live a shinning life and refuse to join the ungodly lifestyles of unbelieving children. Let your life so shine

PRAYER: Lord, give me the grace to stand in defense of the truth even in this adulterous generation, in Jesus' name.

FURTHER READING: Use the Sincere Milk, it will help you to know the portion of the Bible to read each day. Be diligent to do your quiet time everyday

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.