Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" (380492 Views)

CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / The Sincere Milk / What Is The Difference Between The Word Of Wisdom And The Word Of Knowledge Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:05am On Sep 25, 2019
Praise The Lord

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2019
Be His Mirror

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35am On Sep 27, 2019
Let God Fight For You

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On Sep 28, 2019
If Ye Turn Unto Me

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2019
Clear The Filths

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2019
Hold It Fast

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2019
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
TUESDAY OCTOBER 01, 2019

The Greatest Friend
TEXT: JOHN 15:12-16

"Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you" (John 15:14).

Children love to make friends with one another. They can make someone to be their friend because he/she is looking good or has a toy or something interesting they can play with. This may look alright, but you should be careful when choosing friends.

Some friends can lead you into evil because evil communication corrupts good manners. In the book, Julius Caesar it was Caesar's friend, Brutus, who stabbed him to death. Jonadab was the friend of Amnon. He advised him on how to rape his sister. The sin led to Amnon's death.

However, there is a good Friend for children and adults. A Friend who never fails. He is the greatest Friend. His name is Jesus. He is the sinners' Friend. No matter your sins, when you befriend Him, He will take them away and make you clean.

If you are sick, He will heal you. If you are discouraged, He will say to you "be of good cheer." You can cast your problems, troubles and sorrows upon Him. He cares for you. No earthly friend can take you to heaven, but Jesus can. Come to Him and make Him your best and permanent Friend today!

PRAYER: Please Jesus, come and be my Friend.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 18:24

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 02, 2019

The Lord Your Anchor
TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 3:1-5

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come" (2 Timothy 3:1).

Perilous times mean times of trouble, difficulties, sorrow and confusion. Sometimes, children may wonder why many bad things are happening in the society and in the whole world today. Sin is the order of the day - disobedience to parents and God, armed robbery, rape, killings, etc. The reason for all these is because we are in the last days. Christ's coming is near, and the devil is doing his last assignment before Jesus comes.

Some children are lukewarm, while other children hate holiness and love worldliness. Some children don't like to attend church because they want to watch football or one worldly show or the other on the television. Some can't read their Bibles and pray. But, if you are a child of God, put your whole life in the hand of the Saviour.

In times like these, you need a Saviour.

_*In times like these, you need an Anchor. Let the anchor of your life hold and grip on Jesus the solid Rock. He has enough grace to give you so that you can overcome in these last days. It is he that endures to the end that will be saved. The Lord Jesus Christ is able to preserve you from falling. Trust Him.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, keep me faithful in these last days.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 24:11-13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
You Are Part Of The Body

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
FRIDAY OCTOBER 04, 2019

Take These Things Hence
TEXT: John 2:12-17

"And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not My Fathers house an house of merchandise" (John 2:16).

There was a very big temple in Jerusalem during the time of Jesus Christ. The Jews respected the temple which is divided into three sections - the 'General Place' for Gentiles, the 'Holy Place' for the Jews, and the 'Holy of Holies' for the High Priest only.

In our text, when Jesus got to the temple, He saw people selling sheep and oxen there, and they were exchanging money. Jesus was annoyed. He "made a scourge of small cords" and drove them away. He said to them, "take these things hence", which means, "take away these things".

Some children make the house of God nasty. They bring in toys to play with, mobile phones to play games or watch films during the service. Some children litter the house of God with water sachets, biscuit wrappers and pieces of paper. Some pollute the house of God with noise.

Jesus is saying to you, "take these things hence". You are the true temple of God in whom God dwells. If Jesus wants the physical temple to be clean, He wants you as the temple of God to be clean. So, take away malice, bitterness, anger, unforgiving spirit, jealousy, and other sinful habits.

PRAYER: Oh God, keep my heart clean.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 21:12,13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2019
SATURDAY OCTOBER 05, 2019

Another Chance
TEXT: Luke 13:6-9

"And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it" (Luke 13:8).

A notorious terrorist was caught, tried and sentenced to life in jail. When he realised his situation, he pleaded with the government to forgive him, that he would not commit such a crime again. Nobody listened to him. He was not given a second chance.

God is different. He gives man a second chance. As a child of God, there may be important duties you have neglected since the beginning of the year, like regular quiet time, evangelism, praying, visitation and attending fellowship. God knows all these, but now, He is giving you another chance to do better.

In our text, the vine dresser pleaded that the fig tree should not be cut down. He promised to dig round it, dung it, put fertiliser and give it another chance to produce.

If you are a sinner, God is giving you another chance to turn away from sin and come to Him. God is able to give you the grace you need to resist temptation. Remember that the time of grace is not forever. Don't abuse the second chance so that you will not be cut down.

PRAYER: Oh God, help me not to waste the second chance you have given me.

FURTHER READING: John 8:10, 11

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
SUNDAY OCTOBER 6, 2019

What Aileth Thee?
TEXT: Genesis 21:15-20

"And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink" (Genesis 21:19).

Hagar was the housemaid of Sarah. She had a child for Abraham whose name was Ishmael. When Isaac was born, Abraham made a great feast to celebrate him. Instead of Ishmael to rejoice too, he made mockery of his half-brother. Therefore, on the request of Sarah, God ordered Abraham to send away Hagar and Ishmael. Abraham obeyed and sent away Hagar and Ishmael with bread and a bottle of water.

Hagar wandered into the wilderness of Beersheba, and the water got finished. The child was to die of thirst. She threw him under one of the shrubs. She left that scene and sat down at a distance. She lifted her voice and wept. As she was weeping, the Lord appeared and asked her, "What aileth thee?" What is your problem? What is your trouble?

She was looking for a bottle of water, but God opened her eyes and she saw a pool of water. She gave the child to drink. He revived. He did not die. Hagar had more than she expected. You may be in such a situation that makes you to cry. In that hopeless situation, God can open your eyes to see a miraculous solution. What aileth thee? Tell it to Jesus.

PRAYER: Oh God, give me solution to all my problems.

FURTHER READING: Luke 17:11-15

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57am On Oct 07, 2019
MONDAY OCTOBER 7, 2019

The Lamb Suitable For Sacrifice
TEXT: Genesis 22:10-14

"And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son" (Genesis 22:13).

God tried Abraham by asking him to offer his son, Isaac, as a sacrifice unto Him. Abraham took Isaac and was about to slay him, but the angel of the Lord stopped him. He looked behind Him and saw a ram held in a thicket of the bush by the horn. He used the ram to make a sacrifice to God instead of Isaac. God was very happy with him and promised to multiply and bless him.

The wonderful provision made Abraham to call that place Jehovah Jireh. As God provided that ram, God can also miraculously provide your needs. The ram would have run away but God held it for Abraham. If the ram was not provided, Isaac would have been offered.

In the same way, God has provided the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ, to take our place on the cross at Calvary. He did not run away from the persecutors, but submitted Himself to be crucified. He could have called legions of angels to come and defend Him, but he chose to die on the cross as a sacrifice for the sin of the world. Let His sacrifice not be in vain. Give your life to Jesus now!

PRAYER: Lord, thank You for providing Jesus to take my place.

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 53:3-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:43am On Oct 08, 2019
TUESDAY OCTOBER 8, 2019

Sheath The Sword
TEXT: Matthew 26:51-54

"Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword" (Matthew 26:52).

Jesus took His disciples to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray before His crucifixion. He took Peter, John and James with Him. As He was praying, they were sleeping. He had told them earlier that they would deny Him, but they said that they would not. When the Jews came to arrest Him, Peter took a sword and cut off the ear of the high priest's servant. Jesus told him to put his sword into it's sheath because it is for a physical fight. He could have sent legions of angels to fight for Him.

Like Peter, some children think that they can fight the Lord's battle carnally. It is a spiritual battle. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds of the devil.

The weapons that we use are specified in Ephesians Chapter 6:11-18. They include:

(i) Gospel of peace.
(ii) Helmet of salvation.
(iii) Shield of faith.
(iv) Breastplate of righteousness.
(v) Speaking the Truth.
(vi) Sword of the Spirit.
(vii) Continuous fervent Prayer.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, help me to recognise spiritual battles, and to put on the whole armour of God.

FURTHER READING: 2 Corinthians 10: 4, 5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 09, 2019

Covering With Fig Leaves
TEXT: Genesis 3:7-10,21

"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were nåked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons" (Genesis 3:7).

Adam and Eve were the first human beings on earth. God put them in the Garden of Eden after creation. The Lord warned them not to eat of the fruit of the tree in the midst of the garden. The devil deceived Eve and they ate the fruit.

After eating, they discovered that they were nåked. They became ashamed because of this. To help themselves, they used fig leaves to cover their nåkedness. When God came to have fellowship with them, they ran away. The fig leaves could not cover their nåkedness.

Some children are covering their nåkedness with "fig leaves" today. To cover the physical body, some children will put on skimpy dresses that expose their private body parts. The same thing goes for perforated dresses, transparent clothes and other shameful worldly attires.

In the spiritual, to cover-up their sins, some children rely on the fact that their parents are pastors or leaders, or that they sing in the choir, give tithes and offering, etc. All these are fig leaves and filthy rags that cannot take away sins. God killed an animal and used its skin to cover Adam and Eve. For your sins to be covered, you need the blood of Jesus. Self-righteousness will not do.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, cover me with Your righteousness.

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 64:6

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
THURSDAY OCTOBER 10, 2019

Hold My Hand
TEXT: Isaiah 41:11-14

"For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee" (Isaiah 41:13).

There was a Christian crusade in a certain city. Thousands of people were in attendance. Miracles of salvation, healing and deliverance took place. At last, the crusade ended and the participants were to go home.

Brother Jacob had brought his little boy, Godson. Brother Jacob didn't want his child to get lost in the crowd. So, he said to him, "Hold my hand." The boy obeyed, and the father held him tight. When the pressure was too much, the father carried the son on his shoulders and brought him out of the crowd.

In the same way, the Lord is promising that He will hold your hand in the midst of the problems of this world. He has promised to help you and as a result you need not fear. He led the people of Israel through the wilderness. If you are a sinner, you need to repent of your sins so that God can hold your hand and lead you through the wilderness of this world.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, hold my hand lest I fall.

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 43:1, 2

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56am On Oct 11, 2019
FRIDAY OCTOBER 11, 2019

A Channel Of Blessing
TEXT: John 6:5-13

"There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?" (John 6:9).

In our text, a great multitude followed Jesus to hear Him. Jesus wanted them to be fed before going home, because they had been with Him for long. When He asked His disciples what they should do, Philip said that two hundred penny worth of bread would not do.

However, Andrew said that there was a lad having five barley loaves and two fishes. Jesus took the loaves and and the fish and blessed them. He gave them to the disciples to give to the multitude, and they ate. They were satisfied. The disciples gathered twelve basketfuls out of the remnant.

The channel of blessing for this miracle was the lad who gave five loaves and two small fishes. You can also be a channel of blessing. Give your life to Jesus, and give all that you have. He can use you to bless the world.

Is your life a channel of blessing? Is the love of God flowing through you? Are you telling the lost of the Saviour? Are you ready His service to do? Let your prayer to the Lord be:

Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing I pray,
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today.

PRAYER: God, make me a channel of blessing to the world.

FURTHER READING: 2 Timothy 3:14-17

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55pm On Oct 12, 2019
SATURDAY OCTOBER 12, 2019

The King Sitting On An Ass
TEXT: Matthew 21:4-9

"Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass" (Matthew 21:5).

Kings of the world at the time of Jesus used to ride on horses, a symbol of war. In our text, Jesus rode on an ass. An ass or a donkey is a symbol of peace. Jesus is a meek and lowly Saviour. He demonstrated it at His birth. He was born in a manger.

During His earthly ministry, Jesus made friendship with the poor and lowly in society. He finally died among sinners. However, we should not think that Jesus is an ordinary man. From our text, the people shouted, "Hosanna to the Son of David. Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. Hosanna in the highest."

Jesus is the King of kings and the Lord of lords. When He was born, one of the gifts that the wise men gave Him was gold showing kingship. He will rule over the house of Israel sitting on the throne of David. He will rule the whole world during the millennial reign.

The people spread their garments on the way, cut down branches from the trees and spread them on the way for Jesus. Let Him be the King of your life now before He comes physically to reign on earth.

PRAYER: Gentle Jesus, meek and mild, let me be like You.

FURTHER READING: Zechariah 9:9

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:11am On Oct 13, 2019
SUNDAY OCTOBER 13, 2019

The Kindness Of God
TEXT: 2 Samuel 9:1-7

"And the king said, Is there not yet any of the house of Saul, that I may shew the kindness of God unto him? And Ziba said unto the king, Jonathan hath yet a son, which is lame on his feet" (2 Samuel 9:3).

Kindness is the opposite of wickedness. David lived in the house of king Saul after killing Goliath. King Saul was jealous of David because the women said in their song that David had killed ten thousand people while King Saul had killed one thousand people.

From that time on, king Saul showed much hatred to David. He threw a spear at David twice, attempting to kill him. He sent David to fight the Philistines and bring their foreskins so that they would kill him. He also raised three thousand soldiers to fight David.

In spite of all the wickedness of king Saul, Jonathan, his son, was very kind to David. By the time David became king, Jonathan had died. But David extended God's kindness to Jonathan's child.

You should show the kindness of God to people. Not only people that are good to you, but even those that are bad. When you show kindness, you prove that you are a child of God. Look around you and show the kindness of God to somebody today.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, make me to be kind as You are kind.

FURTHER READING: Ephesians 4:32

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56am On Oct 14, 2019
MONDAY OCTOBER 14, 2019

Amazing Grace
TEXT: Ephesians 2:7-10

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift is God" (Ephesians 2:8).

Grace is described as an unmerited favour. It is also described as:

G - God's,
R - Riches,
A - At,
C - Christ's,
E - Expense.

John Newton was born on 4th August, 1725. His father was a sailor, a sea captain. So young John loved to be with his father on voyages.

At eleven, he joined his father. He enjoyed this. But as time went on, he became wild and fought with his father, clashed with his employers, and as a result he was flogged and jailed. This did not change his life for the better. Instead, he went into immorality, drunkenness, and at last he became a slave trader.

One day, a raging storm came against his ship. He tried all that he could do to no avail. He then prayed, and the storm ceased. He was saved from death. This was how he gave his life to Jesus and became saved on 21st March, 1748.

He expressed it in his popular song: "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me." If you are a sinner, you are a wretched boy or girl. The grace that saved John Newton is still available today. He can also save you and make your life beautiful.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, save me and keep me saved by Your grace.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 69:13-16

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57am On Oct 16, 2019
TUESDAY OCTOBER 15, 2019

C.C.T.V.
TEXT: Psalm 33:11-15

"The Lord looketh from heaven; He beholdeth all the sons of men" (Psalm 33:13).

C.C.T.V. means Close Circuit Television. It is a security device installed in public places to capture the activities of the people who come there. Security agents have been able to trace and arrest criminals through the help of this device.

Just like the C.C.T.V., God is focusing His eyes upon every individual on earth including you. He sees everything that you do. This is the reason why you should not commit sin thinking that nobody can see you. God sees you. Even when you dig the ground, enter and commit sin, He will see you. The best thing to do is to repent of all your secret sins.

God does not only see the sins you committed before you became saved. He also sees your labour of love as a child of God. If you do any good thing, God sees you and He will reward you. He sees you when you pray, praise Him, give tithe, offering and alms, etc.

There is nothing done both in the secret and in the open that is hid from God. At His own time, He will bring every work into judgement, whether it be good or evil. So, do good.

PRAYER: Lord, keep me doing good.

FURTHER READING: Hebrews 4:13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On Oct 16, 2019
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 16, 2019

The Potter And The Clay.
TEXT: Jeremiah 18:1-6

"And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it" (Jeremiah 18:4).

A potter is a pot maker. The potter uses clay to make pots. In our text, God told Jeremiah the prophet to go to the potter's house. He was to go and watch him making a pot with clay. He went and watched the potter.

As the potter made his pot, the pot was marred, it was not well formed. So, he crushed it and made another pot that was better. This was a big practical lesson which the prophet learnt. The clay was in the potter's hands. Any type of pot he wanted to make, it's size, shape, design, etc., were left to the potter to decide. The clay has no say in the work.

The people of Israel were God's own people who were redeemed from Egypt. They were suppose to be like the clay in the potter's hand, but they did not yield to God's control. God was not happy about this. This made the Israelites to suffer many things.

You are purchased with the blood of Jesus. God wants you to yield to Him so that He can do whatever He wants to do with you. You are bought with a price. You are not yours.

PRAYER: Have Thine own way in my life, Oh Lord.

FURTHER READING: 1 Corinthians 6:18, 19

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2019
THURSDAY OCTOBER 17, 2019

Determine To Enter Heaven.
TEXT: Luke 13:22-25

"Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able" (Luke 13:24).

A certain man loved to watch football matches. As a result of his love for football, he committed offences in the stadium. He was tried and banned from entering the stadium for a year.

He still wanted to watch the matches, so he rented a cranemany and mounted it. When the matches were going on he was watching from the crane. This man made sure that nothing hindered him from watching football matches live.

As a friend of Jesus, you must determine and strive to enter heaven. The people of Israel did not enter the promised land because of unbelief; Esau sold his birthright because of food; Judas Iscariot did not enter heaven because of his covetousness.

You should not allow anything to hinder you. Strive, by making effort to enter. You are saved by faith, not striving. But you must strive to enter heaven.

Do the following:

(i) Pray always for grace.
(ii) Read the word of God and meditate on it.
(iii) Copy the good examples of those who have gone before.
(iv) Always attend fellowship
(v) Watch and pray

PRAYER: Oh Lord, give me the grace to stand firm till the end so that I will not miss heaven.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 7:13, 14

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2019
FRIDAY OCTOBER 18, 2019

We Will Fly.
TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first" (1 Thessalonians 4:16).

Birds can fly but human beings can't fly. In order to help man fly above the earth, the airplane was invented by Richard and Wilbur Wright. Today, man can go to space and the moon, but this is not without the aid of a space craft like a jet or rocket.

A time is coming when the believers in Christ shall fly away. It is going to be a very interesting event. That is why it is called the RAPTURE. The trumpet will be blown by the archangel and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then the friends of Jesus who are alive will be changed and caught up to meet the Lord in the air.

Take note that sinners will not take part in the first resurrection. They will not take part in the rapture. The same thing will happen to backsliders and careless believers. Those who miss the rapture will cry.

Therefore, sinners must repent now, and ask for cleansing in the blood of Jesus. Accept Jesus as Saviour, Lord and Friend. Then continue to follow Jesus, watch and pray that you will be counted worthy to be raptured.

PRAYER: Oh God, help me to make the rapture.

FURTHER READING: Genesis 5:22-24

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27am On Oct 19, 2019
SATURDAY OCTOBER 19, 2019

Don't Praise Yourself.
TEXT: Proverbs 27:1-7

"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips" (Proverbs 27:2).

Self-praise is no praise at all. Self-praise is pride and the nature of Satan. The Bible says don't praise yourself, let others praise you. Some children like self-praise. They want to praise themselves for singing very well, being the best in the class, being handsome or beautiful, etc. They like to talk about themselves and let people know how good they are. You are not the one to praise yourself, let others praise you. Self-praise was what made Nebuchadnezzar to be turned into an animal. One day, as he walked in the palace of the kingdom of Babylon, he said, "Is not this great Babylon that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power and for the honour of my majesty?" This caused him to be
made to dwell with the beasts. Don't be like Nebuchadnezzar, be humble.

Whenever the thought of self-praise occurs to you, say, "I myself am nothing. All that is good in me is only by the grace of God." Whatever you achieve in life, return the praise to God.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, deliver me from self-praise.

FURTHER READING: Daniel 4:28-32

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54am On Oct 20, 2019
SUNDAY OCTOBER 20, 2019

Bible City - Damascus.
TEXT: Acts 9:1-9

"And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus" (Acts 9:8).

Damascus, often referred to as "the pearl of the east" is said to be the oldest city in the world with a continuous history. In the middle ages, it was the centre of a flourishing craft industry, specialising in making swords and lace. The city and its surrounding owe their lives and property to the well-known Abana and Pharpar rivers referred to by Naaman in 2 Kings 5:12.

During the time of the New Testament, Damascus was a well-known city with a sizeable number of believers in Christ. It was to this city that Apostle Paul received letters from the high priest to go and arrest any of this way (Christians).

When Paul came near Damascus, he encountered Jesus Christ in a unique and miraculous way. He was led into the city to a house located on a street known as "Straight Street." There Ananias, a believer, was directed by the Lord to go and pray for Paul. The evangelistic work that God called Apostle Paul to do started from Damascus City. Paul joined the people he wanted to go and arrest to preach the gospel of Christ.

Today, the city of Damascus is in the hands of people who do not know Christ. One day, Jesus will come to rule over all the earth. You must faithfully serve Him and preach the gospel so that many people will be saved, and be ready to partake in Christ's millennium rule.

PRAYER: Lord, take control of my life and make me a faithful labourer of the kingdom in my own city.

FURTHER READING: Acts 22:3-10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51am On Oct 21, 2019
MONDAY OCTOBER 21, 2019

Don't Observe The Wind.
TEXT: Ecclesiastes 11:4-6

"He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap" (Ecclesiastes 11:4).

There was a boy who always followed his father to distribute tracts. One day, it was raining. The boy reminded his father about the distribution of tracts, but his father was not ready to go out because of the rain.

The boy took an umbrella and went alone. He got to a certain house and observed that the door was shut. He knocked and knocked until a woman reluctantly opened the door. He then threw a tract into the woman's room and left. Behold, the woman was about to commit suicide out of frustration. She picked up the tract and read it. She gave her life to Jesus and decided not to kill herself. After some time, she gave the testimony in the church where the boy was worshipping.

Whatever the situation, don't be discouraged. Preach the word. Somebody can be saved through your effort. Do you encourage your parents to be more faithful by being zealous for the things of God? The boy in our story was more zealous in serving God than his father. Pray that God will make you to be like him.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, help me not to observe the wind when serving You.

FURTHER READING: 2 Timothy 4:1, 2

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:41am On Oct 22, 2019
TUESDAY OCTOBER 22, 2019

Hairs Of Your Head Are All Numbered.
TEXT: Luke 12:4-7

"But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows" (Luke 12:7).

You know that you have two hands, two legs, two eyes, two ears, one head, ten toes and ten fingers. But can you count the number of hair you have on your head? No, they are uncountable. But God knows the number of your hair. If one falls to the ground, He knows.

As a friend of Jesus, do not play with your hair. Don't paint it white or black. Do not dedicate your hair to the devil by cutting it like the idol worshippers, tying beads or cowries on your hair or selling it. As a boy don't plait your hair. Instead, keep your hair neat by having a low cut as a boy and plaiting it as a girl.

Jesus used the statement about the numbering of our hair to teach that God takes complete care of His children. If He can care about one strand of hair on our head, He will take care of our whole body. Therefore, do not fear what a human being can do unto you. Do not fill your life with worry and anxiety. Trust God to take care of you. You are of more value than many sparrows.

PRAYER: Father, thank You for Your absolute care over my life.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 6:25-33

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2019
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 23, 2019

Tongue Of Blessing.
TEXT: James 3:8-12

"Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be" (James 3:10).

One of the most important parts of our body is the tongue. Without the tongue we cannot talk. We use the tongue to taste food. It also assists us to swallow food. The tongue has no bone, so God in His wisdom has put it inside the mouth so that it can be protected from injury because you cannot stitch it.

As good and as useful as the tongue is, it can be misused. Some children use their tongues to curse, tell lies, gossip, swear, abuse others, etc. They do these because their tongues are not sanctified. When your tongue is sanctified, it becomes a tongue of blessing. You can then use it in profitable ways like:

T- Teaching the word of God.
O- Offering of praise to God.
N- Nourishing young converts.
G- Glorifying God always.
U- Unlocking the gate of heaven through praying.
E- Evangelising your friends.

As a friend of Jesus, always use your tongue to sing praises to God, testify of God's goodness and preach the gospel.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, make my tongue a blessed one.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 6:2

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46am On Oct 24, 2019
THURSDAY OCTOBER 24, 2019

Hold Your Peace.
TEXT: Exodus 14:10-15

"The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace" (Exodus 14:14).

A boy was travelling with his parents one day. At a point, they learnt that armed robbers were on the way. Although they were believers, his parents were frightened. The boy held his peace. He said, "Let us pray."

Immediately they started praying, they heard the siren of a police vehicle. When the robbers heard the siren, they fled, and the boy and his parents were saved. Some children do panic. Everything makes them panic.

The people of Israel had left Egypt on their way to the promise land. The Egyptians under Pharaoh pursued them. The Israelites looked back and saw the Egyptians. In the front was the Red Sea. By their sides were mountains. They were afraid. But Moses, the servant of the Lord, said to them, "The Lord will fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." He told them that they would not see all those Egyptians again forever.

The Egyptians were drowned in the Red Sea and the people of Israel sang songs of praises to God. You may have many things that are making you to be afraid. Trust in the Lord and hold your peace, He will fight for you.

PRAYER: Oh Lord, help me to trust in You and not be afraid.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 28:1

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58am On Oct 25, 2019
FRIDAY OCTOBER 25, 2019

Let The Sweetness Go Round.
TEXT: Mɑtthew 25:34-40

"Nɑked, ɑnd ye clothed Me: I wɑs sick, ɑnd ye visited Me: I wɑs in prison, ɑnd ye cɑme unto Me" (Mɑtthew 25:36).

Venus was a very kind, gentle and friendly girl. Her life spelt the word "sweetness." Venus' mother had an accident that marked a turning point in her life. She is now on a wheelchair. But Venus is such a comfort to her. She would wake up very early every morning. And before she leaves for school, she would help her mother to have her bath, prepare her breakfast and lunch, and lay her bed.

Many people use to marvel how a little girl of eleven years of age could have such a sweet character. Her mother calls her "Sweetheart." One day, her mother said in appreciation, "Venus my daughter, God has used you to put so much sweetness in my life."

The world is already too bitter. Frustration, unfaithfulness, hatred, cruelty, hopelessness, poverty, fear, disappointment, sickness, hunger, and so on, have already made the world too bitter for many. Some may try to fake happiness and peace, but bitterness and frustration seem to be written on every face.

Yet, Jesus has put so much sweetness in the lives of all His friends. You are to comfort those who are sorrowful, care for the sick, give to those who lack, encourage those who are downcast, and share the love and mercy of Jesus with sinners. Let the sweetness go round.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, make me a channel of blessing to those who are hurt around me.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 35: 13, 14

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
SATURDAY OCTOBER 26, 2019

Do Not Wrong Your Soul.
TEXT: Proverbs 8:32-36

"But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death" (Proverbs 8:36).

The wrong you do to others is bad, but the one you do to yourself is worse. You carry out many actions which you think gives you an advantage over others, but little did you know that you are hurting yourself. You do not understand that you are indirectly stabbing your soul.

When you fight with others, you feel you are defending yourself. When you tell a lie, you think that is the way out of trouble. When you refuse to forgive others, you feel that is the way to get back at them. When you abuse and make others feel bad, you think that is how to teach them a lesson.

When you indulge in immoral friendships and watch indecent videos, you think you are having fun and pleasure. And when you disobey God's word and follow ungodly examples of bad children, you feel that is how to express freedom. You do many things to provoke God without realizing that you wrong your own soul.

Read the key verse of today's devotion again and think on it. To sin against God is a wrong done to your soul which leads to judgment and eternal death. It is a wise decision to love God and to obey His word. That is how to bring the blessings of God upon your soul and escape death.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I turn away from my evil ways. Forgive me and give me the power to do right always.

FURTHER READING: Romans 6:12-14

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (49) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.