Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you (714 Views)

Must Walk As Yahushua Did. / Be Established In God's Righteousness - Joseph Prince / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2019
First page

Jeremiah 6:16 – 19: This is what YHVH says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, ‘we will not walk in it.’ I appointed watchmen over you and said, ‘listen to the sound of the trumpet!’ But you said, ‘we will not listen.’ Therefore hear, O nations; observe, O witnesses, what will happen to them. Hear, O earth: I am bringing disaster on this people, the fruit of their schemes, because they have not listened to my words and have rejected my law.

Many of us will like to discard these warnings by the prophets of old and say that they were for a certain “dispensation”. These warnings came from the Father through his prophets to the Israelites before the exile. They still apply to us today as the following Scriptures directly below confirm:

Romans 15 :4 ‘For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope’.

1 Corinthians10:11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of ages has come.

In fact, we need to hear these warnings today more than ever. As we await the second coming of our Master and Saviour, Yahushua the Messiah, we will do well to heed them. Just as the Scripture below warns:

Micah 6:9 Listen! YHVH is calling to the city, and to fear your name is wisdom, “Heed the rod and the One who appointed it.”

The Israelites of old did not heed these warnings. They refused to listen to instructions of YHVH of Hosts and disaster came upon them like tsunami. The temple was destroyed, the Promised Land - the good land flowing with milk and honey - vomited them out and they went into exile, (Isaiah 42:23-25).
YHVH delivered them from the house of bondage and set them apart to walk in his ways. Since they rejected his law; he rejected them, (Jer 32:21-23). He could not allow them to continue to enjoy the good land because they continued not in his ways, (Jer 32:26-35).

Today, Yahushua the Messiah has redeemed us (Luke 1:67-74; Rom 6:18, 22; Heb 9:14) and we have to live as he lived by obeying the Father’s commandments, (Jer 32:39,40; Eph 4:24; 1 Tim 1:9; Titus 2:12; 1Pet 1:15; 2Pet 1:4; John 12:26; 1 John 2:6).
That is the only way we can be sure of enjoying eternal life, (Rom 6:22).

continued
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
Second page

Our Egypt was the sin which hung over heads. Our Master Yahushua the Messiah has redeemed us from that Egypt and has become our Passover Lamb --- our righteousness and redemption. The Father went ahead of the Israelites in a pillar of cloud by day and in a pillar of fire by night to guide them on their way, (Exodus 13:21-22). Today, our Master and Saviour Yahushua the Messiah is the light that guides us.
He will guide us, only if we are willing to follow him. He is the way, the truth and the life, (John 14:6).
Whoever follows him will never walk in the darkness, (John 12:46). He is the embodiment of the law, the Ten Commandments, the Word made flesh. Eternal life in the Kingdom of our Father in heaven and our Master, Yahushua the Messiah, is the Promised Land, which we are expecting to inherit.

As we traverse the path of righteousness while living in this sinful/lawless world, we will do well to fix our eyes on the only light, Yahushua the Messiah, (John 12:46; Heb 12:1-3). He will be the lamp to our feet and the light for our path, (Psalm 119:105).

"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father; and I too will love him and show myself to them." Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, ‘But, Master, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?’ Yahushua replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." John 14:21-23.

If we have the Ten Commandments and obey them, we have the Messiah and by that very fact, we have life. Then we say we have both the letter and the Spirit. Without the Spirit, the Messiah, there is no life. That is why it is said that the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Yahushua the Messiah is the embodiment of the law---the letter and the Spirit. You cannot have one without the other. That is why he said, unless we eat his flesh and drink his blood, we do not have life, (John 6:53-58. Also check: John 14:6,21,23, 15:7,10,14,17).

Scripture has made it clear that the life of the flesh is in the blood. Unless we have his commands and obey them, we do not have the Messiah and if we do not have the Messiah, we do not have life.

The Pesach(Passover), which the Messiah instructed us to do in remembrance of him, is meant to do exactly that---remind us to walk in the ways of our Master Yahushua the Messiah. The Pesach is meant to remind us that the Messiah is our righteousness, our redemption, our freedom and our life. In him we are complete, John 15:11. It is really unfortunate that most people do this without knowing the significance.

We know that the flesh cannot survive without the blood, because the life of the flesh is in the blood. It is clear that the spirit is the life in the blood which drives the body. Also, the body without the spirit is dead. It means, therefore, that anyone who knows (has) the Ten Commandments and obeys them has life - eternal life - and anyone who knows (has) the Ten Commandments but does not obey them does not have life --- eternal damnation.

continued... .
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2019
Third page...The conclusion

We cannot see the Messiah physically today. However, we have the Ten Commandments which we can see. When we hear and obey the commandments of our Father, we know that we have the Messiah, the Spirit, in us and we in him --- which is faith, (John 14:23). Then, we can say we have the letter and the Spirit. We become one in spirit with both the Father and the Son, (John 14:23). Consider, Jer 31:31-34.

Let’s heed the clear warning from our Master:

Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me, ‘Master, Master,’ and do not what I say?
Also Luke 6:47-49

Do not embrace delusion by thinking that you can discard our Father’s Commandments, follow your own ways and still nourish the hope of eternal life.

Some of us will find this difficult to believe or accept. We have become used to fixing our eyes on our fellow men and women, so-called spiritual fathers and mothers. Let the saints prayerfully consider this message and the Father will always confirm his word. As the Scripture says:

Isaiah 30:21-23 ‘whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk it.” Then you will defile your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, "Away with you!"

Remember, the Scriptures didn't say we should walk this path with the load of sexual immorality, greed, lying, stealing, covetousness, witchcraft, etc. We are to get rid of such filths (menstrual cloth) the moment the truth is revealed to us.

Rev 19:5-8 Then a voice came from the throne, saying: 'Praise our Elohim, all you his servants, you who fear him, both great and small!' Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: 'Hallelu Yah! For YHVH Elohim omnipotent reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him honour! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given to her to wear.' (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the the saints). (Check Matt 22:11-14; 2 Cor 5:3; Eph 4:24; Col 3:10, 12; Rev 3:4 and 16:15).

We cannot emphasize the importance of teaching the Ten Commandments enough. For example, this nation, Nigeria, would be a different one - better one of course - if each of us, especially those who claim to believe in and follow Yahushua the Messiah, taught himself/herself the Ten Commandments. Our children and youths would behave differently.

I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, "Seek me in vain." I, YHVH, speak the truth; I declare what is right. Isaiah 45:19.

He, indeed, has shown us what is right. Whether you embrace it or not is purely your prerogative at this time. However, after death, it is out of your hands.

I am just a messenger.
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2019
The Word f YHVH is life.
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 10:55am On Jan 24, 2019
His WORD is true.
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 10:17am On Jan 25, 2019
The time to choose is now.
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2019
The right time.
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 9:25am On Mar 14, 2019
Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my part.
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 10:30am On Feb 29, 2020
Obedience to the Ten Commandments is the message of the Passover meal.
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 11:47am On Mar 23, 2020
Love justice, you rulers of the world. Set your minds sincerely on YHVH, look for him with all honesty. Those who do not try to test him will find him; he will show himself to those who trust him. Dishonest thoughts separate people from God, and if we are foolish enough to test him, his power will put us to shame. Wisdom will never be at home with anyone who is deceitful or who is a slave of sin. Everyone who is holy has learnt to stay away from deceitful people. He will not stay around when foolish thoughts are being expressed; he will not feel comfortable when injustice is done.
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 11:52am On Jul 13, 2020
El Elohe Yahshrael!
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2020
"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father; and I too will love him and show myself to them." Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, ‘But, Master, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?’ Yahushua replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." John 14:21-23.

If we have the Ten Commandments and obey them, we have the Messiah and by that very fact, we have life. Then we say we have both the letter and the Spirit. Without the Spirit, the Messiah, there is no life. That is why it is said that the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Yahushua the Messiah is the embodiment of the law---the letter and the Spirit. You cannot have one without the other. That is why he said, unless we eat his flesh and drink his blood, we do not have life, (John 6:53-58. Also check: John 14:6,21,23, 15:7,10,14,17).

Scripture has made it clear that
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 12:07am On Dec 04, 2020
Just shine! All the saints need to do is just shine.

Shine...obedience to the Commandments of the Father. That is all. Nothing extra.
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2020
Enjoy the Sabbath.

All that the saints need to do is shine like the light they are... obedience to the Commandments of our Master and Saviour, Yahushua the Messiah.

Our warfare is not with physical guns, swords or wood.
Re: Why you must walk in righteousness: without it, no paradise for you by elated177: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2020
Obey the Ten Commandments of Yahveh Almighty.

(1) (Reply)

Please Explain This Mystery To Me. / A Literal Light Shone From Heaven In Kenya Last Sunday / Prophetess: People Who Take Vitamin C And Titus Fish Won't Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.