Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,957 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:22 AM

Need Help With A Line Of Code - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Help With A Line Of Code (1515 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Line Of Code? / 30 Days Of Code {April 19 - May 18} / Can Someone Explain This Line Of Code To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With A Line Of Code by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2019
I'm working on a very large text with email addresses scattered. I need to make a compilation of all the email addresses and tried to use the FIND command with the wildcard. I used this little lines of strings [A-z,0-9]{1,}\@[A-z,0-9,\.]{1,} and this highlighted all the email addresses on the page but I discovered some complications. This particular one is highlighting all e-mail addresses but having problem with email addresses with special character. Eg. It highlights an email address like Nairaland@yahoo.com but if it sees an email address like naira-land@yahoo.com, it starts highlighting from land@yahoo.com ignoring the naira.

I've changed some numbers and added special characters but face other problems. Can someone help me write a more complete code that can find all the email addresses including those with special characters? Where do I need to add more numbers or special characters? Please I need this urgently to hasten my completion of this project.
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by stanliwise(m): 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2019
you need a regex code or a complete script?
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by webapi: 10:59pm On Jan 08, 2019
nineone:
I'm working on a very large text with email addresses scattered. I need to make a compilation of all the email addresses and tried to use the FIND command with the wildcard. I used this little lines of strings [A-z,0-9]{1,}\@[A-z,0-9,\.]{1,} and this highlighted all the email addresses on the page but I discovered some complications. This particular one is highlighting all e-mail addresses but having problem with email addresses with special character. Eg. It highlights an email address like Nairaland@yahoo.com but if it sees an email address like naira-land@yahoo.com, it starts highlighting from land@yahoo.com ignoring the naira.

I've changed some numbers and added special characters but face other problems. Can someone help me write a more complete code that can find all the email addresses including those with special characters? Where do I need to add more numbers or special characters? Please I need this urgently to hasten my completion of this project.
If you are coding php, you can use filter to validate and serialize your email field
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2019
stanliwise:
you need a regex code or a complete script?
I think regex will be ok. Whatever solves my issue though
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 08, 2019
webapi:

If you are coding php, you can use filter to validate and serialize your email field
I'm not actually coding. Just sorting emails on normal Windows application softwares. Do you know about wildcards?
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by MountainView: 3:52am On Jan 09, 2019
nineone:

Try this regex....

/^([a-zA-Z0-9_\-\._]+)@([a-zA-Z0-9_\-\._]+)\.([a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]{2,5})$/
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by zzzzy: 7:20am On Jan 09, 2019
There are many sites where you could find regexes for your purpose, try Google
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by stanliwise(m): 7:27am On Jan 09, 2019
nineone:
I think regex will be ok. Whatever solves my issue though
try this regex
[-A-Za-z0-9]+@[-A-Za-z0-9]+\.\w+ it should solve the problem described above.
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 09, 2019
Thanks everyone for input but non of the regex solved this problem. The regex might be correct but not working with wildcards. Anybody with good knowledge about regex and wildcards should help
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by stanliwise(m): 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2019
nineone:
Thanks everyone for input but non of the regex solved this problem. The regex might be correct but not working with wildcards. Anybody with good knowledge about regex and wildcards should help
can you uplaod the email script? or tell us the app you are using? cos everything worked fine here
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by Codedboy95(m): 10:41am On Jan 10, 2019
nineone:

try [a-zA-z0-9.-]+\@[a-zA-z0-9.-]+.[a-zA-Z]+
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by bestmutiu2019(m): 7:00am On Nov 20, 2019
nineone:

pls help me concerning online stuff pls help a brother,I pray Almighty God bless you
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 20, 2019
bestmutiu2019:
pls help me concerning online stuff pls help a brother,I pray Almighty God bless you
drop your number
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by bestmutiu2019(m): 10:38am On Nov 20, 2019
nineone:
drop your number
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2019
bestmutiu2019:
Whatsapp number? I'll add you
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by bestmutiu2019(m): 7:57am On Nov 22, 2019
nineone:
Whatsapp number? I'll add you
Re: Need Help With A Line Of Code by MountainView: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2019
Go to Google and search for email extractor

(1) (Reply)

How To Implement Database Driven Website / Pls Whats The Best Computer Professional Course To Do . ORACLE OR CISCO. / Boy Hacks Into Unilag College Of Medicine Website & Brags About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.