Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Exclusive Breastfeeding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Exclusive Breastfeeding (655 Views)

I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops / Husbands Should Abstain From Breastfeeding Wives For 6 Months - Medical DG / Man Pictured Breastfeeding His Newborn Baby. Is This Healthy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Breastfeeding by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 09, 2019
To the experienced mothers and nurses in the house....I've got some questions for you to answer with valid points.

1.how important in exclusive breastfeeding?

2.can nursing mother's diet tell on her baby?

e.g...if a nursing mother is fasting or not eating well,can it affect the flow of breast milk

3.when can food be introduced to babies?

it's very common that after six months of breastfeeding exclusively,babies don't want to take anything called food...neither liquid nor solid...

.is this normal?

IF yes,

what can such mother do at that point as breastmilk is no longer sufficient at 6months for the baby.

matured and professional responses will be highly appreciated.

Anticipating on your responses.
Re: Exclusive Breastfeeding by LadySarah: 9:44am On Jan 09, 2019
1.Very important depending on if you are able to produce enough.You would know when you check the quantity you are able to express in a short time and also how full your baby's diaper becomes at an interval.If I no give my children my milk,wetin I wan use am do?

2.Very.Your baby depends totally on you for nourishment. if you are deficient ,it will tell on your baby.
3.Post Ebf.By then it is assumed their digestive tract is able to accommodate other foods.

4.Very Untrue.I have successfully Ebfed two and they took to food immediately, like where has this been all this while.One went to cereals immediately,the other refused and webt straight to adult food but mashed.If your child is picky,its either you haven't gotten what he/she likes yet or their nature.My husband is the pickiest eater in this world,was he Ebfed ? No.

In some children though,they aren't even ready after six mths.You have to keep trying and work closely with their paed.No forcefeeding pls.

I'm not a professional but saying from my own experience.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls What Can I Use For My Face Am Losing My Confidence / ¶¶¶clearance Sale: School Bus For Sale / Good Morning Love Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.