Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Generator - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Generator (10107 Views)

Generator, Solar, Wind or Biogas which is best: COMPLETE DETAILS / How To Get 8hours Or More Supply Of Electricty Without NEPA Or GENERATOR / 6kva Diesel Generator For Sale. (fairly Used Straight From Uk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generator by siapaya(m): 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2010
Hallo nairalanders,

I'm looking for a generator now, and got price quote for :

Honda 5kv N285,000
Elepaq 5,5Kv N95,000

The price gap are too much that make me confused.

Anyone can tell me , is it worth it to try ELEPAQ instead of Honda?

Any share or thought will be very helpful.
Re: Generator by auxanocash(m): 8:57am On Aug 14, 2010
it really surprising. so i guess your best bet is to do a market survey in shops where they sell original generators and ask for them. then you would know the difference.
Re: Generator by siapaya(m): 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2010
auxanocash:

it really surprising. so i guess your best bet is to do a market survey in shops where they sell original generators and ask for them. then you would know the difference.

The Honda's price is from authorized dealer, while elepaq price come from a regular shop,

I really confused, with this cost difference, i can buy more other stuff, but im afraid the Elepaq could last only 2 months sad

Any idea on Elepaq's generator quality?
Re: Generator by appetitto(m): 1:36am On Mar 25, 2011
The one for 95k is china made while the one for 285k is japanese.
If you can afford that of 285k, go for it as it can give you upto 15 years of good service.
The one that cost will only last for 1-2 years if well used before the need for overhaul.
Verify from the dealers whether they are actually selling original japanese
Re: Generator by atasteve: 8:24am On Mar 25, 2011
Appetito actually advised correctly. I use elepaq at home and after about 2 years I had to do general overhauling of the generator. But i have heard from people who use original Honda or Yamaha that their generators are very strong and durable. One other hing is that if Honda generator is 5kva, then u can be sure of getting exactly that from it whereas the same cannot be said of elepaq (using mine as a case study).

Do market survey and then make your decision depending on your preference.
Re: Generator by KDK(m): 8:26am On Mar 25, 2011
@ Poster, If u have the money fine buy Honda. When i moved to my house, my neighbours bought Honda from Honda dealers @ N215,000 but i had the money, i make more money than them,however, i decided to give elepaq a try for N55,000 with the mind dat 55 k will not kill me should it pack up (it was a risk sha) and i could use the rest of the money for something else (atleast gud clubbing  grin ).
we both used our gen but i used mine more than they did as i just can not stand not having light (day or night so my gen used to run for days unless i needed to top the fuel up) thanks to Nepa,theirs had free after sale service for 3 months, mine had nothing, however, whenever their honda guy came, i asked him to service mine as well (back pocket pay).  
To cut the long story short,it is 2 yrs mine and one of the neighbour's gen is still running, while the other neighbour's own has parked up due to cracked cylinder or something.
one thing u have to know is that mine is very noisy, it sounds like the machine used in grinding pepper but it did the job.
So if you can afford the Honda, fine but if you can not and have something else to do with the money, why not buy the elepaq while saving small small for it's replacement in a year or 2?
Just like atasteve said, you may need to buy a higher power rating than you desire. grin trust china
This is my 1k contribution.
Re: Generator by damijo89: 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2011
please whats the difference btw the yellow and red elepaq generator, because there is a price difference
Re: Generator by zander87: 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2011
As far as the generators have the same specifications, the color makes no difference. The same goes for Elepaq.

Buy quality generators from a company that  has been importing generators for about 20 years and currently supplies the biggest retail stores in Nigeria such as Mega Plaza and Cash and carry. See our website at www.estendo.net.

You can visit our showroom or email arinze@estendo.net

Interested distributors or retailers can also contact us for enquiries.
Re: Generator by obagoriola: 2:47pm On May 24, 2013
The Thermocool Generator is for Sale, Bought and used for just 10 days and its going for sale at a give away price. Please contact 08022242973 Its a 6.9Kva Generator (Oga) With a Kick starter

Re: Generator by oyewole123: 11:08am On May 25, 2013
Anything wrong with the thermocool Generator??

Am interested , so let me know the issue first
Re: Generator by godritage: 6:22pm On May 25, 2013
if u dont mind, i have 6.5kva fairly used, key start, working perfectly for 50k. contact me on 08053534552 if interested.
Re: Generator by saleskara: 10:04pm On May 25, 2013
Nice generators from 25K only at http://www.kara.com.ng/generators/
Re: Generator by obagoriola: 7:45am On May 28, 2013
oyewole123: Anything wrong with the thermocool Generator??

Am interested , so let me know the issue first

Nothing is wrong with the generator. I bought it for a project which am not pursuing again.
Re: Generator by CMark: 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
CAT equipments and generators for sale... Please contact the following for details or purchase: Uzo Unegbu - 08036382343 or email address donuzo84@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Generator by CMark: 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
2000 Kva Generator fairly used, 60,000,000 naira asking price. Contact donuzo84@yahoo.co.uk, 08036382343 for negotiation. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Issues Affecting Nigeria Real Estate Industry / The Claridge Phase 1, Sangotedo For Sell / One Bedroom Terrace Bungalow As A Source Of Investment for Nairaland Members.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.