Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Oracle - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Oracle (1308 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oracle by peacemaka(f): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2010
Please nairalanders, does anyone have an idea of the cost of Oracle course, please i nid the price. Thanks
Re: Oracle by labiyemmy(m): 10:17am On Aug 13, 2010
Re: Oracle by walelamina: 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2010
I did Oracle for a hundred and forty kay, 140k with Aptech and they are so good, excluding online exam fee which was 36k , that is Oca and ocp, then in 2008, but now they av included sql as pre requsite, I got my cert all tha way frm yankee,,,,,,,dont fall victim of all thode unregisterd IT institues, u no receive any paleeee.
Re: Oracle by PrinceRaj1: 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2010
There are quite a number oracle courses aside DataBase Admin DBA (popularly known), there is also Application developer, E business function Applications( Inventory, Order management, Financials (AR, AP, GL, Cash Management), Purchasing, Asset Management, Product manufacturing, Business Intelligence, Customer Relationship Mgt(CRM), HR Mgt System HRMS, Payroll, System Administrator,, there are still more.

Most of the time, institutes in Nigeria teach Database Mgt for students to become OCA, OCP. Meanwhile only a handfull of companies in Nigeria run on Oracle database while 10s of 1000s of people have the certification in Nigeria alone. No company will employ someone to manage their server without any real experience not even class room one. If you have  140k to spend, I suggest you spend it wisely.  I did my Oracle Application developer course at NIIT and unexpectedly my company implemented Oracle, though I was already in IT, the most useful thing to me today is knowing how to write SQL codes. Which I built on my own using VB forms and MsAccess (being a desktop RDBMS). Other 20 guys that attended the training with me are not so lucky.

PL/SQL is just about the same as SQL.  Try learn functional applications like Account receivables, AP, Inventory Mgt. Order management. You will get more value for money. Everyone cant be sitting at the server, nursing it and taking backup, it is boring.

(1) (Reply)

Better Way Of Writing This Java Code / All PHP Webmasters Please Is This Possible?? / Here R 40 African Tech Startups Dat R Being Viewed 4 Acquisition By Tech Giants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.