Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

State By State Progress Chart. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State By State Progress Chart. (1539 Views)

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / State By State - PVC Record Released By INEC / State By State Figures Of Inec Voters Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

State By State Progress Chart. by Ikengawo: 11:13am On Aug 14, 2010
according to media reports alone.

made it myself, tell me where im right and wrong

the response

THEY'RE ALL FAILING is illiterate and unfunny and im going to say it now so nobody has to say it for me

"THEY'RE ALL FAILING"

there. i dont want to here that.

red- failing, inactivity, unpopular governor or regressive

dark green- mixed reports

light green- progressive, developing/improving, popular governor.

Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Beaf: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2010
That map looks quite right to me, I would make Jigawa light green though. Governor Lamido has very quietly moved the state from a vast wilderness into something to be proud of, in my books, he is one of the top performers in the country. What is most impressive is the drive for local technological know how in Jigawa, I believe it is the foremost state in the country in that regard.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by egu(m): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2010
You were right in some states . What criteria did you use to arrive at the statistics?
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by koruji(m): 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2010
@Ikengawo
Nice one. Could you share your data in some way? Also, how did you make the map (I ask because it looked like you actually traced the outline for each state in other to color it)?

Ikengawo:

the response

THEY'RE ALL FAILING is illiterate and unfunny and im going to say it now so nobody has to say it for me

"THEY'RE ALL FAILING"

Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Dede1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2010
Ikengawo:

the response

"THEY'RE ALL FAILING"

Popularity of the governor with the press media does not equate to the healthy state of economic activity in the state. I honestly think both Imo and Abia states should not be in red.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by egu(m): 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2010
Pls,do not judge a state or government through media reports. Performances goes beyond press reports. There are several social and economic indicators used in assessing a state or govt. Anyway,keep up the idea. Its great.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by youngmonie: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2010
I just looked at this map and i said to myself, Does jonathan stand a chance in winning this 2011 elections since this norht has stood their ground, and theres onehting u can never take away, they northerners usualy support themselves. , Buh jonathan go try hard mehhnn, Majortiy of nigerians are northerners boyy
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by chiozor: 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2010
Dede1:

Popularity of the governor with the press media does not equate to the healthy state of economic activity in the state. I honestly think both Imo and Abia states should not be in red.
^^^ why do you think Imo and Abia should not be in red undecided
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2010
What constitutes progress in any case?  Broadcasts of potential progress or actual physical evidence of progress?

I hope we all understand that privately funded projects are in no way to be considered or even mentioned as government achievements of any kind.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by phantom(m): 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2010
o please!is there anything on ground in imo?absolutely nothing
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by GAR3TH(m): 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2010
based on good governing and progress the map looks right to me smiley
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by THEAMAKA(f): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2010
Dede1:

thank you. is it because the kidnapping is out of control, or what?
maybe dark green
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Dede1(m): 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2010
chiozor:

^^^ why do you think Imo and Abia should not be in red undecided

I am of the view that injection of vitality into any economy does not come from the government alone. Baring draconian economic strangulation of eastern regional states, there are not too many states that can match eastern states in growing economy through individual entrepreneurship. The two cities from east, baring federal government presence as seen in Lagos, are constantly mentioned in the sentence with Lagos when serious business discussion is on the plate.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by homerac7: 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2010
i like d sincerity of d poster in alluding his impression to media reports.

media reports on governance in HIGHLY jaundiced! u pay som pipers, dy play som fine tunes.

i may only b able to make some corrections based on firsthand knowledge. Goje is transforming Gombe immensely. desapite all d nort-eastern states haven been in bad press within d last two years, whn ws d last time u got such abt Gombe? thnk it ws d case of d murder of a pregnant xtian female teacher years ago, and it ws d last of any bad press. i also lived ther shortly so i saw things myself.

I dont kw y Mimiko of Ondo shld be adjudged unpopular wt his people, or hw else is ppularity defined?
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Ikengawo: 6:22am On Aug 15, 2010
private work was also counted in 'progress'

the criteria was positive news on
roads,
schools,
rule of law,
and general economic/sociopolitical 'good news' about the state

if i google the state and go through 5 pages of news articles and they are generally progressive they get a light green

imo is a serious toss up. I'm from imo and my dad knows ohakim personally. I think, personally, he is a dark green at best, he's trying but he doesn't know how and where to try at.
then i get insight for nigerians on this board, other boards, and in real life that they tell me the guy is useless which i take with a grain of salt cause everyone is useless to nigerians until they're dead or gone (example, suddenly people think Obasanjo is a good president, suddenly a lot of ppl prefer 'military times' to now ect ect)

so from my personal experience imo is a dark green, add the fact that Owerri is now the cleanest city in nigeria and Imo kids have the best Jamb scores in the country (though i think its always been like that)
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Kobojunkie: 6:30am On Aug 15, 2010
Owerri has for a long time been one of the, if not, the cleanest city in Nigeria. But does that count in anyway as PROGRESS? What is PROGRESS? Does building more structures that will likely go down when the rains arrive constitute progress? Does spending a Naira 1 Billion on a project only to produce a Naira 10 million worth return constitute PROGRESS? Does building 100 Ventilated PIT toilets constitute progress? Does spending almost $1 Billion dollars on rail projects only to add a few 1970's model trains and no upgrades, as initially promised on the same project constitute PROGRESS? We need to start understanding what the difference between actual PROGRESS and FLEECE JOBS are. We have been fleeced out of almost $40 billion dollars in excess Oil money we had in our coffers back in 2007, and all for what? What do we really have to show for all that money we spent?
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Kenezi: 7:48am On Aug 15, 2010
No way any sharia state is progressing lol
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Ikengawo: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2010
ppl like to act like sharia is the height of barbaric in nigeria, but in all of our non sharia villages you get the same punishments as sharia violators in their villages so who are we kidding.

thieves still loose limbs all over nigeria
murders get death penalty
and women are repressed. lets stop pretending.

Owerri has for a long time been one of the, if not, the cleanest city in Nigeria. But does that count in anyway as PROGRESS? What is PROGRESS? Does building more structures that will likely go down when the rains arrive constitute progress yes? Does spending a Naira 1 Billion on a project only to produce a Naira 10 million worth return constitute PROGRESS yes? Does building 100 Ventilated PIT toilets constitute progress yes? Does spending almost $1 Billion dollars on rail projects only to add a few 1970's model trains and no upgrades, as initially promised on the same project constitute PROGRESS yes? We need to start understanding what the difference between actual PROGRESS and FLEECE JOBS are. We have been fleeced out of almost $40 billion dollars in excess Oil money we had in our coffers back in 2007, and all for what? What do we really have to show for all that money we spent?

all your feeble attempts to sound intelligent to point to situations where the government is providing things for the people.
your looking to measure perfect im looking to measure progress.

if someone gives my a million naira and tells me to bring progress to the life of a homeless man and i only buy im a sandwich i've still given him something he didn't have had i not existed.

maybe you would like MORE progress like the rest of us but your not saying anything new and your just proving yourself wrong in trying to sound right.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Pukkah: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2010
Invariably, PDP is in red. embarassed
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Baro(m): 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2010
I concur substantially with the "map rating" except that GOMBE should be in light green, while DELTA should be in dark green.

Danjuma Goje is doing very well in Gombe, whereas Uduaghan is doing nothing commesurate with the state revenue. If u go to Delta state, it's all billboards, just few projects.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2010
All I see in the map is media perceptions of the Governors.

Some are accurate, while some are also far from the truth. A Governor may actually be working without being favoured by the media, while some may be favoured by the media but not doing much.

Martins Elechi of Ebonyi has been doing well.

There is no reason why Bukola Saraki of Kwara should be on light green. It should be mixed reports for me

And how did you come to the conclusion that Olusegun Mimiko's Ondo should be in red?

And do you honestly believe Adams Oshiomole's Edo should be in light green?

Most of your classification is driven by media reports and Nigerian Journalists can never be trusted.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2010
Ikengawo:

ppl like to act like sharia is the height of barbaric in nigeria, but in all of our non sharia villages you get the same punishments as sharia violators in their villages so who are we kidding.

thieves still loose limbs all over nigeria
murders get death penalty
and women are repressed. lets stop pretending.

all your feeble attempts to sound intelligent to point to situations where the government is providing things for the people.
your looking to measure perfect im looking to measure progress.

Questions are piled up for you to answer but you immediatelt rush into defensive/attack mode for what? To prove the questions are not valid even when they are some of the most logical questions to be asked when claiming to measure progress in any field? Typical "ATTACK THE MESSENGER RATHER THAN CONSIDER THE VALIDITY OF THE MESSAGE" Mentality!

In your own words, you admit that what you have their is from your assessment of media reports from these states. You did not even actually review individual projects to get a more realistic idea of what was demanded or even delivered, if anything. Not attempts to consider the funds available to each state to understand how much progress should be expected as against what was delivered. You consider all this PERFECT (unrealistic) ways of measuring progress. You convince yourself my message is WRONG just because you are unable to wrap your mind around the true reality of the situation in many of the same states you willingly give a passing grade, and you probably think you are the first in that nation to do so, right?

Ikengawo:

if someone gives my a million naira and tells me to bring progress to the life of a homeless man and i only buy im a sandwich i've still given him something he didn't have had i not existed.

maybe you would like MORE progress like the rest of us but your not saying anything new and your just proving yourself wrong in trying to sound right.
Sure, maybe this is the thinking of the many governors, senators, government officials, who continue to pillage our coffers. Why, if they are dealing with people who believe a sandwich is worth their stealing a million dollars, then why would they want to do better for these same? Continuing giving them million dollar sandwiches and they will continue to be happy , right?

As long as a senator pushes a bill a year, it is progress and so he can sit and collect his millions of naira in salary just for that. weeeeeee
By your example there, we ought not to even demand more. We should sit back and enjoy the pillaging for all generations, I mean if that is progress.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by paddylo1(m): 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2010
This map seems ok to me. . .

although ondo,might be a dark green

olusegun mimiko. . seems to be doing alright
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by monkeyleg: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2010
Please let us have a clear definition of what progress is. I think people are misunderstanding real progress with expected duties.

My definition of progress means Delta should be bright RED.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by jamace(m): 8:20am On Aug 17, 2010
Am I seeing Plateau in red? I don't think Plateau should be in red. Plateau would have been light green if not for the rampant crises in the state.
As far as I know, the Gov has brought a great positive change in the leadership of the state. He has 10 agenda and he has been pursuing and delivering them except SECURITY which has remained a thorn in his flesh.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by nduchucks: 8:53am On Aug 17, 2010
Dede1:

Baring draconian economic strangulation of eastern regional states, there are not too many states that can match eastern states in growing economy through individual entrepreneurship.

Please explain what you mean by draconian economic strangulation of eastern regional states and how the same has negatively affected individual entrepreneurship in the said region. Why is it that entrepreneurs from the said region thrive in places as far away as Sokoto, Kano, Kaduna, Maiduguri e.t.c. but somehow their successes, according to you, are limited in the east? Is this your usual victim card or were you attempting to be funny?

Beaf:

That map looks quite right to me, I would make Jigawa light green though. Governor Lamido has very quietly moved the state from a vast wilderness into something to be proud of, in my books, he is one of the top performers in the country. What is most impressive is the drive for local technological know how in Jigawa, I believe it is the foremost state in the country in that regard.

For once, I'm tempted to agree with you.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Ikengawo: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2010
the eastern states are the in the best shape in the union with the exception of kano lagos and abuja.
nowhere else can match

there's evidence of past government attempts to keep the region stagnate but the private sector is too strong and determined.

i also think the rates of education of the populace and mainly the leadership in the east is what's really turning things around for them. eastern leaders are more consistently highly educated then their counter parts else where in the country.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by philip0906(m): 10:18am On Aug 17, 2010
Only lagos is in d green in d south-west grin grin I think Ekiti state and Oyo state should be green though grin grin tongue
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by abdulmutab: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2010
kwara state donot merit light green
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by Ikengawo: 11:25am On Aug 17, 2010
the state is experiencing a commercial agricultural revolution
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by samm(m): 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2010
Interesting Concept.
Re: State By State Progress Chart. by 13volts(m): 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2010
Beaf:

Jigawa, I believe it is the foremost state in the country in that regard.

Yah Jigawa should be white, while Abia should be black.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Begs Nigerians To Accept Fuel Subsidy Removal / This Is WHY FUEL SUBSIDY MUST GO: "accountability" In Jonathan's Government! / Awo Was Known For Exploits In Education - Abiola Was Known For Exploits In Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.