Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Baking Php Codes With Cakephp - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Baking Php Codes With Cakephp (1078 Views)

Does Phpfox Allow Native Php Codes ? / Php Codes For Moving Text And Rolling Banners / Please Help With This Php Codes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baking Php Codes With Cakephp by askphantom(m): 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2010
I have been programming in php for a while now and always wanted to get better. I spent most part of this year trying out several PHP Framework that will help me rapidly develop secure PHP application. Lately i stumbled on cakePHP and developed a small application in 5mins. Its been 24hr since in started squeezing my cakePHP study session into my work schedule and so far am loving it. There are plenty of benefits of using a framework but choosing the best one to use is always a headache. Right now, am in the bakery and will be revealing some of my PHP Confectioneries soon. wink wink
Re: Baking Php Codes With Cakephp by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2010
that is good. I once tried out my hands on that cakephp, twice self, but it does not seem to fit into my style of programming. For my style of programming, drupal appears to be the best, though i can use joomla very well. But i did get to some level with cakephp, and i think it is cool, but i lost my patience before doing anything useful with it. You can do a quick walk-through and we will see.
Re: Baking Php Codes With Cakephp by askphantom(m): 11:21am On Aug 19, 2010
Same with me. I have tried Yii, Kohana and Zend but they were annoyingly frustrating. The one concept which cakePHP has is convention as opposed to configuration. This is a problem for guy who like to re-arrange stuffs in their codes but come to think of it, it makes it easier for a team of programmers to put up a web application working independently from different location. For the first time, am loving the convention of cakePHP. It make the whole process less of a hassle. Well until i churn out my first application and you guys have a go at it, i will continue learning.

@dhtml Thanks for the input
Re: Baking Php Codes With Cakephp by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2010
i was all these features then on cakephp. And yes, that zend framework stuff, i know how to use it, but it is (forgive me) almost totally useless - almost like using ms-dos to create a website, if the user interface is more friendly, maybe, i will love it better.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Use Twitter To Market My Products / Need A Webhosting Site / Data On Road Accidents For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.