Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. (5738 Views)

Iphone Facetime Bug Lets You Eavesdrop On Other People / MTN Nigeria Experiencing Dawntimes; MTN Apologies / See Why Whatsapp Video Chat Is Still Better Than Apple’s Facetime For Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Techvenge: 4:53am On Feb 05, 2019

Apple Inc said on Friday it has settled a security bug in its Facetime video software and that it intends to enhance how it handles reports of programming bugs after an adolescent and his mom strove for quite a long time to caution the Apple of the bug.

Apple said on Monday it would fix a defect in its FaceTime chat that enabled users to hear the sound of an individual they were calling before that individual picked the call.

The bug was found by 14-year-old Grant Thompson, who, alongside his mom, Michele, attempted to report the bug to Apple yet said their attempt to get noticed by Apple was futile until the issue was picked up footing via web-based networking media.

The group chat feature of Facetime was disabled by Apple on Monday as its engineers attempted to fix the issue. The organization said it has settled the bug on its servers and will turn on the component for clients again one week from now.

Apple expressed gratitude toward the Thompson family to report the issue. Grant Thompson disclosed to Reuters TV he was endeavouring to talk with his companion while playing a computer game when he found the bug.

Yet, it took Grant Thompson and his mom, who is a lawyer, nine days of telephone calls, messages, online postings and even a letter on Michele Thompson's law office letterhead before getting a reaction from Apple, the family said.

"We need to guarantee our users that when our developers ended up mindful of the subtleties important to repeat the bug, they immediately turned off Group FaceTime and started work on the fix," Apple said in an announcement.

"We are focused on enhancing the procedure by which we get and raise these reports, so as to get them to the ideal individuals as quickly as would be possible."

The New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said: "The province of New York is investigating Apple's inability to caution customers about the bug."

https://www.techvenge.net/2019/02/apple-fixes-facetime-privacy-bug.html
Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by seunfly: 5:02am On Feb 05, 2019
Mumu arrogant people, they deserve serious hack. How can somebody try to report serious security breach in your so called very secure stuff and you decline to listen to her.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by easynetsms(m): 5:04am On Feb 05, 2019
I was even thinking they will pay all those using iphon

3 Likes

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by nony43(m): 5:04am On Feb 05, 2019
So a fourteen year old boy for Yankee don de use iPhone, and i am here struggling with techno y2

6 Likes

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by seunlayi(m): 5:05am On Feb 05, 2019
Another bug.... I M PROUD OF USING ANDROID OS

Team Android show me love,

Team apple share to inform your colleagues about the fix

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Nobody: 5:05am On Feb 05, 2019
Good morning
Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Jonadull: 5:05am On Feb 05, 2019
seunfly:
Mumu arrogant people, they deserve serious hacked.
A pained tecno user spotted

7 Likes

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by MrSix: 5:08am On Feb 05, 2019
Jonathan:

Take it easy on him bro...lols.
Let the MTK Mr. be.

I sell USA used Laptops
Free delivery within Lagos only and it's pay on delivery.
Details in my signature

2 Likes

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by seunfly: 5:12am On Feb 05, 2019
Jonathan:

Lol!!!! I don't use tecno but the case that surrounds that Facetime nonsense requires Apple to check themselves, how can they makes it so difficult for honest and innocent person to report serious security breaches while they claimed to be the most secured after BlackBerry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by seunfly: 5:15am On Feb 05, 2019
Jonathan:

MrSix:

Take it easy on him bro...lols.
Let the MTK Mr. be.

I sell USA used Laptops
Free delivery within Lagos only and it's pay on delivery.
Details in my signature

See them, typical Blackman, typical slavery mentality.
If you check very well, they are using fairly used 2016 iPhone in 2019 just to prove something.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by israelmao(m): 5:26am On Feb 05, 2019
Apple phone still did this inspite of the high cost of its products.
Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Jacktheripper: 5:29am On Feb 05, 2019
Who Apple epp gangan. The only Apple we know here in Sodom is the one that killed Abacha.

1 Like

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Virus99: 5:34am On Feb 05, 2019
Apple is trying.
But I prefer cucumber...

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:43am On Feb 05, 2019
Apologies accepted, SAMSUNG still remains the king of phones anyway!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by calculator123(m): 5:49am On Feb 05, 2019
nice one from them.
Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Gosj01(m): 5:52am On Feb 05, 2019
Nice!

Need a cheap laptop with great battery, warranty, clean as new, with perfect condition, free delivery to your home and pay on delivery?

Search no more, we are here for you!. what you have been searching for is here on the link https://www.nairaland.com/4712322/neat-clean-cheap-grade-1/13

1 Like

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Howmon: 5:52am On Feb 05, 2019
seunfly:

Lol!!!! I don't use tecno but the case that surrounds that Facetime nonsense requires Apple to check themselves, how can they makes it so difficult for honest and innocent person to report serious security bridge while they claimed to be the most secured after BlackBerry.
It’s security breach Sir
Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by seunfly: 6:25am On Feb 05, 2019
Howmon:
It’s security breach Sir
Thanks for the correction.
Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by ponziponzi(m): 6:37am On Feb 05, 2019
I don’t get why Nigerians are so upset about iPhone. Guys these phones are not made for you, the annual minimum wage in Nigeria is less than $1200.
Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by ALAYORMII: 7:25am On Feb 05, 2019
Been wondering what’s wrong with my FaceTime
Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Jonadull: 7:40am On Feb 05, 2019
seunfly:

See them, typical Blackman, typical slavery mentality.
If you check very well, they are using fairly used 2016 iPhone in 2019 just to prove something.
Ehya . Pele .
Don’t cry anymore . We know you hVe low self esteem and you’re battling depression because of people using iPhones .but please don’t commit suicide . cheesy
Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Craigslists: 7:45am On Feb 05, 2019
Yeah that’s what’s up
Jonathan:

Ehya . Pele .
Don’t cry anymore . We know you hVe low self esteem and you’re battling depression because of people using iPhones .but please don’t commit suicide . cheesy
No mind them. Some of them don’t even know that a robot called Siri can do the following for them while their phone is on the table charging and you’re working, doing chores, cooking, working out or fvking grin. With just your voice command, Siri can do the following:
1. Set an alarm for you
2. Call someone for you
3. Send a message to someone
4. Search the web for you
5. Even checks the live sport scores for you
6. Read you the latest news
7. Can translate any language for you
8. Can call you an Uber.
9. Can play you your favorite song by just commanding your phone
10. Do simple maths calculations
11. Converts units for you
12. Read you your notifications
13. Can send a mail to someone and the list is endless.

You know say me I be lazy Youth, but I’m smart upstairs to let my phone perform simple tasks for me without even holding it.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by jeff1607(m): 8:01am On Feb 05, 2019
MrSix:
Take it easy on him bro...lols. Let the MTK Mr. be.

I sell USA used Laptops Free delivery within Lagos only and it's pay on delivery. Details in my signature

hope you only use and sell apple laptops only
Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by jeff1607(m): 8:07am On Feb 05, 2019
Craigslists:
Yeah that’s what’s up.
No mind them. Some of them don’t even know that a robot called Siri can do the following for them while their phone is on the table charging and you’re working. With just your voice command, Siri can do the following:
1. Set arm alarm for you
2. Call someone for you
8. Can call you an Uber.
12. Can send a mail to someone and the list is endless.

You know say me I be lazy Youth, but I’m smart upstairs to let my phone perform simple tasks for me.

what about heavy or necessary tasks?

assuming you got a presentation and you were notified in a short time or you need to share a file or an app you are working on to members of your Dev team how do you go about it? not even everyone use a Mac

An Android phone does all you mentioned there same as the old blackberry and symbian phones (Nokia n97), down side is the accent we use
as long as you are connected to the internet

This is Nigeria , use what makes life easy for you

2 Likes

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Jonadull: 8:13am On Feb 05, 2019
Craigslists:
Yeah that’s what’s up.
No mind them. Some of them don’t even know that a robot called Siri can do the following for them while their phone is on the table charging and you’re working, doing chores, cooking, working out or fvking grin. With just your voice command, Siri can do the following:
1. Set arm alarm for you
2. Call someone for you
8. Can call you an Uber.
12. Read you your notifications
13. Can send a mail to someone and the list is endless.

You know say me I be lazy Youth, but I’m smart upstairs to let my phone perform simple tasks for me.
Even send WhatsApp message sef grin.
Correct man!
iPhone is bae jare
Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Jonadull: 8:15am On Feb 05, 2019
jeff1607:

assuming you got a presentation and you were notified in a short time or you need to share a file or an app you are working on to members of your Dev team how do you go about it? not even everyone use a Mac

An Android phone does all you mentioned there same as the old blackberry and symbian phones (Nokia n97), down side is the accent we use

What is this one saying ?
Mugun . Stop saying trash trash trash .
My iPhone has made life easier for me since I’ve been using it more than any android I’ve used in the past ever did .
Now go to hell!

1 Like

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Jonadull: 8:16am On Feb 05, 2019
jeff1607:

hope you only use and sell apple laptops only
Sharrap .
Why are you depressed about people using iPhones or iOS ?
Please don’t commit suicide

2 Likes

Re: Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. by Craigslists: 8:17am On Feb 05, 2019
jeff1607:

Bro if you don’t know how to make the best out of your iPhone please ask someone close to you to assist you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Camon CX Air Specs & Price In Nigeria ( Jumia & Slot) / Tecno WX3P System Update / The Final Battle - Infinix Note 7 Vs Redmi Note 7 (R-rated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.