Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Vvt Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vvt Problem (978 Views)

VVT SOLENOID BANK 1 For Sale (Toyota engines) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vvt Problem by DrAUTOCODE(m): 5:19am On Feb 12, 2019
This car vvt is making a kind of horrible noise any we start the in the morning. But what we discovered was that the vvt can retain oil and anytime the engine stopped running, the oil returns back to the bottom of the engine.and for the oil to be able to come up again, it will definitely make the noise at start.

Re: Vvt Problem by timifakay(m): 5:37pm On Feb 14, 2019
DrAUTOCODE:
This car vvt is making a kind of horrible noise any we start the in the morning. But what we discovered was that the vvt can retain oil and anytime the engine stopped running, the oil returns back to the bottom of the engine.and for the oil to be able to come up again, it will definitely make the noise at start.

That's the effect of the use of high oil viscosity.
Re: Vvt Problem by Readonee35L(m): 7:40pm On Feb 14, 2019
timifakay:

That's the effect of the use of high oil viscosity.
Not entirely true.
My 2gr does this.
Always been on synthetic.
Service history from yankee says owner has been on penzoil 5w-20.
I switched to a slightly thicker oil and it's quieter on startup.
This sound occurs if parked for 1-3 hours . but doesn't sound most times if parked overnight
Many early 2GR v6 ( avalon , highlander , rav4) suffers from this ish.

(1) (Reply)

Between Honda Accord 2009, Acura Mdx 2008 And Toyota Avalon 2005 / Testimony Testimony Testimony / My Friends ES-350 Having Key Receiver/hammer Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.