Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,736 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

The Truth About Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Tithe (249 Views)

#whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Here Is This The Truth About Tithe That Pastors Won't Tell You (photos) / The Final Truth About Tithe By Paul Eneche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Tithe by jmoore(m): 11:31am On Feb 17, 2019
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

Giving is good, but should never be under compulsion in the name of tithe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Tithe by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2019
grin thank you op cool that is why I love daddy freeze so much for exposing those fools named pastors grin oh well stupidity is by choice sha

I have a 2 years old payment received Adsense for sale
Re: The Truth About Tithe by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:39am On Feb 17, 2019
True talk OP
Re: The Truth About Tithe by CreepyBlackpool: 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2019
My christian friends will always tell me tithing is giving to God.

Your Jesus said that what you do to the least of your brothers, you do unto him.

How people seem to believe that a pastor with mansions and fleet of cars is the least of their brothers still amazes me
Re: The Truth About Tithe by Bsholly(m): 12:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
Thank you op���im really happy to hear this today...god bless you
Re: The Truth About Tithe by tripplephi: 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
lol I laugh at people still trying to stop others from PAYING TITHES....

pls DONT PAY TITHE... but GIVE all the GIVINGS LISTED IN YOUR NEW TESTAMENT TO GOD, TO YOUR PASTORS AND TO WIDOWS AND ORPHANS... else if you do not do them you are simply a hypocrite.

WHY ARE PEOPLE DECEIVED ABOUT TITHE.... did you not read you are to GIVE TO YOUR PASTORS? TITHE is the least of the givings oo.... RIGHT OR WRONG... it can not make anyone rich.

SEE, AS LONG AS THERE IS POWER AT WORK... WHATEVER YOU TELL PEOPLE IS WHAT THEY WILL OBEY.

All doctrine without POWER is mere THEOLOGY
ALL POWER without sound doctrine IS WITCHCRAFT

(1) (Reply)

If Not For God I Would Have Been Dead – Pastor Adeboye / Reviving Word ;How God measures your love!! / Seeing Is Believing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.