|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,442,466 members, 5,498,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 March 2020 at 01:00 PM
|How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by kowasco(m): 9:53pm On Feb 19, 2019|
Please nairalanders anytime am Reding i use to sleep or doze please how can i stop it am tired please help
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by Kunlexic(m): 10:27pm On Feb 19, 2019|
Do a walk for some minutes and dnt overeat before reading
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by belovedaja(m): 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2019|
OK, I will be back to help, but have some questions for you
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by correctguy0900: 11:56pm On Feb 19, 2019|
Please i have this problem too. Can't keep my promise to stay up all night
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by nedubest(m): 2:39am On Feb 20, 2019|
Mix coke and coffee, plus take walks too
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by kowasco(m): 5:18am On Feb 20, 2019|
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by femi4: 6:37am On Feb 20, 2019|
kowasco:lazy youth, but if its Africa Magic movies, you won't sleep.
Find the book/subject interesting and entertaining and you won't sleep
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by atmos(m): 6:56am On Feb 20, 2019|
JOIN ONE OF D BEST TUTORIAL CENTERS IN LAGOS FOR RESULT ORIENTED LECTURES IN JAMB/UTME, WAEC/NECO/GCE, ALSO AFTER SCHOOL CLASSES FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL PUPILS AND PRIVATE/HOME COACHING[b][/b]
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by jzamani(m): 7:28am On Feb 20, 2019|
same with me oh, we need help abeg
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 20, 2019|
femi4:Even if the book is interesting and entertaining he might still sleep. By the time he reads such book and then he switch to study his text, he might sleep off
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 20, 2019|
kowasco:This is what you should do. Study for some time take a walk and then come back.
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by Hahjascho(m): 8:38am On Feb 20, 2019|
kowasco:You need to condition your mind and brain....why?....because Reading is a mind game.
1. First of all, convince your mind on why do you have to read the books..... what grades do you aim to get?....what type of results do you wish to achieve ? ....how many pages or topics do you wish to cover before starting?....having these mindset will help you.....WRITE THEM DOWN AND PUT IT BESIDE YOU.
2. You cant cheat nature! It's more easier and better if you take a rest/sleep prior to the reading time or in betweens. But if you still feel dizziness , pause the reading ,move to where people read in group, before sleeping tell them to wake you in the next (say 20minutes at most). You eyes should be clear by then. DONT DO IT ALONE O! I REPEAT so that you don't wake up the next day...lol
3. have you observed or discovered the best time you realised is ideal that you assimilate better?? Note it and religiously follow it.
4. Have you noticed if you are trying to follow someone's else reading pattern? Don't be a copycat.... Stick strictly to what suite you best and apply commitment.
5. After all this things, if you see no changes then you need a strong willed commitment.
You will have to force yourself o...and do anything to keep you going so far it's what you have to do.... you are in already...
Take snacks as you read!
Walk around as you read!
Move to where serious students read.
Don't overload yourself, read No2 again.
7 Likes 1 Share
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by Abee79(m): 10:20am On Feb 20, 2019|
Some Simple Tips to Avoid Dozing Off During Reading:
1. Understand how your body works. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
2. Plan your reading time in accordance with your schedule and mental disposition.
3. Ensure you get enough rest before you commence reading. Sleep is a sign of stress and assimilation would definitely be poor.
4. Remove all sources of distraction for the period you have set aside to read.
5. Avoid ingesting substances to keep you awake. Your body is always at its best when it is allowed to function naturally.
6. When you feel tired, sleep. Don't push your body too much!
7. When you feel tired all the time, try exercising, watching your diet or talk to your doctor.
Hope this helps . . .
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by Goldeno(m): 10:39am On Feb 20, 2019|
sleep well, stay fresh, take a cold bath and then go and read.
Note: it's not about how long, it's about how efficient
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by Pat081: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2019|
No one rises without being helped in life. Therefore I pray that from today, Destiny helpers, destiny sponsors, destiny promoters, destiny lifters and destiny announcers shall locate you before the end of this month. Your confidence in the Lord is restored. Day by day, men shall come to help you. You shall grow great. You shall wax strong. You shall enjoy uncommon prosperity from now henceforth by the reason of God's sure mercy. Men shall give to you in abundance, above and beyond your expectations. You shall not experience any disgrace before your celebration. Receive that unique and special miracle today and for the rest of your life. Good morning.
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by Elzak(m): 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2019|
Abee79:What if u are a morning person but always busy with lectures in the morning?
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by Emmaway(m): 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2019|
You have to make it a fun process else no remedy will work.
|Re: How To Stop Sleeping When Reading by Abee79(m): 9:44am On Feb 21, 2019|
Elzak:This is a valid question! you will have to find a way around it, such as sleeping early to wake up at least an hour or more before lecture time to read. Personally, i am a night owl and did not have issues with this issue. I know some of my friends who wake up by 4:30am and start jacking before they go for lectures. Plan your time, there is a way around it!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86