Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,175 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

shit happens - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / shit happens (1480 Views)

CBN BVN Deadline: What Happens If YOU Don't Get Verify Today / What Happens To Nigerians In The Diaspora Without BVN Number? / Fuel Subsidy: What Happens To The Subsidy Savings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

shit happens by thirdi(m): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2010
Hi grin
Re: shit happens by seyibrown(f): 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2010
The power to get your money back and to alert potential victims of his fraudulent nature and activities is in your hand!
Re: shit happens by Mobinga: 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2010
Inhumane crimes committed against humanity by nigerian scammers. .
THIS IS JUST NO. #3453636575753
Re: shit happens by hectorswag(m): 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2010
thirdi:

It is really amazing what one can run into in Nigeria and how corporate criminals operate in disguises in banks and other such establishment.

A long time a  acquaintance and Oceanic Bank Branch Manager approached me some time last year with a claim that he owned a coy that supplies diesel to his branch and other branch of his bank. and that coy is being run by his very close friend and successful former employee of MTN.

after many calls to me house and office i issued him a cheaque in the coy name as he directed and that was it. he stopped answering my calls and started sending me sms that his in a meeting any time i called him.[b] i traced him to the branch only to find out that he was not even a branch manager as he claimed [/b]and would not issue me the post dated cheques as he promised. it took a call at his house for him to release an agreement that he signed as a witness to the transaction and gave me a two million undated cheaque and  two other  undated cheaque as interest on my money.
after many calls to his house he went and reported that i was threatening to kill him and his family. and paid police men to be harassing me and my family.

I have since paid the cheaque in and of cause it was a dude cheaque and i did not get value. the other cuprite claims now that he got the money directly from me and is already in prison for related offences of OBT. this man is walking a free and recently moved to another bank and the other guy believes that he will serve 2 years and come out a free man to spend my money.

Is this Nigeria for you?

@poster, your topic is misleading the guy was not even a branch manager but he claimed to be, opening misleading threads as this can tarnish the reputation of an organization as Oceanic Bank.
Re: shit happens by lannre(m): 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2010
CAVEAT EMPTOR - DO YOU SEEK A PROFESSIONAL ADVICE BEFORE GOING INTO THE BUSINESS ?

HOW MUCH OF A BANK MANAGER DO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD KNOW, YOU DEAL WITH THE BANK AS AN ENTITY .
Re: shit happens by mrrock: 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2010
@thirdi
Nigeria is a corrupt country. There's no institution in Nigeria that's not corrupt both private and government. There's no bank in Nigeria that's not corrupt. I have had encounters with first bank and Ecobank in which they were found to be corrupt. Ecobank is especially very corrupt.
Re: shit happens by swezenberg(m): 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2010
Why not release the name of the criminal so that others won't fall victim. If possible the bank he currently works
Re: shit happens by JUO(m): 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2010
poster change the topic
Re: shit happens by marcus1234: 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2010
Re: shit happens by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2010
i cannot make head or tail of this the ops post

what actually happened?

A long time a acquaintance and Oceanic Bank Branch Manager approached me some time last year with a claim that he owned a coy that supplies diesel to his branch and other branch of his bank. and that coy is being run by his very close friend and successful former employee of MTN.

after many calls to me house and office i issued him a cheaque in the coy name as he directed and that was it.

what was this cheque for?

you did not know that your 'long time acquaintance' was not actually a branch manager in the bank?

did you inform his employers?

anyway, in the curent climate of bank downsizing and mass sacks,

this man is walking a free and recently moved to another bank and the other guy believes that he will serve 2 years and come out a free man to spend my money.

shows that this is just bs
Re: shit happens by Coleslove: 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2010
I don't believe one word from every post of this guy. If someone has really done this to you and you can't furnish us with a lot information. Then i count this post as of the few ones i waste my time reading. Wait what business are you into and what is your source of income too. I think Oceanic should track you and file a libel case against you.
Re: shit happens by Coleslove: 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2010
This guy is even more of a fraud than the story itself. You happen to be one of those few Nigerians that mess the country up.
Re: shit happens by Pukkah: 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2010
A misleading caption on the front page?

Why did you chose to describe as an Oceanic Bank Branch Manager which you have found to be untrue instead of as 'a long time acquittance' with which you described him?
Re: shit happens by 0Edward0(m): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2010
u guys dey talk of Oceanic, Ecobank what of UBA
Re: shit happens by Pukkah: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2010
mrrock:

@thirdi
Nigeria is a corrupt country. There's no institution in Nigeria that's not corrupt both private and government. There's no bank in Nigeria that's not corrupt. I have had encounters with first bank and Ecobank in which they were found to be corrupt. Ecobank is especially very corrupt.

Isn't this shocking?  shocked shocked shocked What encounters have you had with FirstBank and Ecobank that led you to make this sweeping statement?
Re: shit happens by agitator: 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2010
this is a true reflection of nigeria
as the years are ticking by so is the country retrogressing.
same thing with nairaland

crap threads everywhere, everyboard, everytime
Re: shit happens by aieromon(m): 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2010
I don't get this,why did you issue a cheque to him in the first place?
This is what happens when you're looking for quick cash.
Re: shit happens by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 04, 2010
basically, the op paid his acquaintance over 2 million for services he cannot disclose

maybe he wanted to buy two years supply of diesel for his house cheesy cheesy
Re: shit happens by Coleslove: 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2010
agitator:

this is NOT [/b]a true reflection of nigeria
as the years are ticking by so is the ****** retrogressing.
[b]same thing with nairaland

crap threads everywhere, everyboard, everytime

Agree to the BOLD
Re: shit happens by Coleslove: 2:58pm On Sep 04, 2010
oyb:

basically, the op paid his acquaintance over 2 million for services he cannot disclose

maybe he wanted to buy two years supply of diesel for his house cheesy cheesy

See why i don't agree with the crap posted
Re: shit happens by Mobinga: 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2010
Re: shit happens by Danjuma04(m): 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2010
[/font]hey dude
i dont like your story as it is fake and not concrete.
i wonder how it appeared on first page. oh i forgot, it has a catching title
Re: shit happens by thirdi(m): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2010
I have read the responses to my post and welcome the diverse opinion expressed by individuals of this forum. Someone said that the bank should track and persecute me  and that is a mighty laugh. All I said in my post is the truth, maybe I was naïve in believing I could trust someone that I grew up with and that used to come eat at my parents place.  I can not disclose his name as the case is with the authorities now. While I have realized that it was a syndicate who this guy was the leader that defrauded me and not just me but other customers and even staff of his Bank but the truth still remains that he used his “position” in the Bank to carry out this actions.

The so called business idea he sold to me was that he will pay an interest of 6% on the principle sum I gave him monthly and will refund the full capital in 6 months as his coy needed more funds to expand its distribution.  I don’t think that is a greedy venture given the assurances he gave me and that he issued me post dated cheques.  I think he was sacked by oceanic or asked to resign but he has moved to another Bank.   The purpose of my post is to tell my story and seek advice on how to seek redress and recover my money as I don’t really have money to spend to recover this money. he did this using the branch and his bank.

This issues goes beyond what I took it to be initially as my life and that of my family is at threat with this syndicate. Some one should please advice me
Re: shit happens by agitator: 10:15am On Sep 06, 2010
thirdi:

I have read the responses to my post and welcome the diverse opinion expressed by individuals of this forum. Someone said that the bank should track and persecute me and that is a mighty laugh. All I said in my post is the truth, maybe I was naïve in believing I could trust someone that I grew up with and that used to come eat at my parents place.  I can not disclose his name as the case is with the authorities now. While I have realized that it was a syndicate who this guy was the leader that defrauded me and not just me but other customers and even staff of his Bank but the truth still remains that he used his “position” in the Bank to carry out this actions.

The so called business idea he sold to me was that he will pay an interest of 6% on the principle sum I gave him monthly and will refund the full capital in 6 months as his coy needed more funds to expand its distribution.  I don’t think that is a greedy venture given the assurances he gave me and that he issued me post dated cheques.  I think he was sacked by oceanic or asked to resign but he has moved to another Bank.   The purpose of my post is to tell my story and seek advice on how to seek redress and recover my money as I don’t really have money to spend to recover this money. he did this using the branch and his bank.

This issues goes beyond what I took it to be initially as my life and that of my family is at threat with this syndicate. Some one should please advice me

That is the more reason why it is a crap post. Somebody used his position in a bank to defraud you, you can't reveal his name, but you are comfortable associating him with the name of a bank (a financial institution still in business). Also the case is with the authorities and you need a better advice?

You post is portraying the bank in a bad light! rubbis.h post
Re: shit happens by EKWA(m): 10:50am On Sep 06, 2010
@thirdi

Did he moved to Standard chartered bank also did he reside at Festac or satlite and did his name start with U.
Re: shit happens by thirdi(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2010
@agitator

Your name typifies the kind of responses you give to issues. it may be rubbish post to you but its my money am talking about here. And how people that have have been placed in positions of authority use those position to dupe people. if you so much as want his name give me ur email address.

@EKWA

No he was not.
'
I need a good investigative lawyer. please if we have one send me your phone number
Re: shit happens by Finecat(m): 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2010
@OP

You dont need to say more, you have analyzed the reason you gave the guy the money. Even though i fault you for being so naive, i would not take response of these Nairaland serious at all. They are Nigerians, they tend to be on the side of fraudsters, they all have corruption as a DNA running thru their veins. Take this case to the so-called EFCC. But i hope you have learned your lessons, never burrow a man (especially a Nigerian) them money you can NOT forgive.
Re: shit happens by aieromon(m): 10:50pm On Sep 10, 2010
6% per month?Talk about being greedy,dude.

(1) (Reply)

! / Trading Point Made First Millionaire-forex Successs / Quality Bedsheet And Wall Papers Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.