Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,428 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:45 AM

“Surrender” - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / “Surrender” (216 Views)

Breaking: 204 Boko Haram Terrorists Surrender To Nigerian Military In Borno / Kinetic And Non-kinetic Operations Compel 5,890 Terrorists To Surrender In 3 Wee / [MUSIC] Treasure X Propzi -no Surrender [prod By: Mekuzy] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“Surrender” by dantewest: 8:15am On Mar 23, 2019
Surrender is that moment when all your ideas, all your hopes, all your posturing, all your scheming, all your lifelines are over and done, and you are totally and completely at someone else’s mercy.

We often think of surrender in terms of war. In a battle, surrender usually leads to imprisonment, torture or death. So if you find yourself in a fight, you do everything you can to avoid surrender because that’s usually the end of your story.

I say this to you today, surrendering isn’t the end of the world. Like the famous saying, losing the battle to win the war. Others can also relate to it via the anecdote: Those who run from a fight, lives to fight another day. You see, surrendering isn’t a suicide mission, in fact, it can be healthy.

Complete surrender.

Have you ever being in a situation where only trusting in a superior entity ‘God’ when faced with crises? Or is your “surrender” qualified on the problem working out to your satisfaction?

Even the Christian Holy book attrmpted ti explain the concept of surrendering in the Garden of Gethsemane, Matthew tells us that three times Jesus begged God for escape from His anguishing circumstance, “Let this cup of suffering be taken away from Me.” But like the friends in Daniel, three times Jesus added this critical coda, “Yet I want Your will to be done, not Mine.”

Complete surrender.

Are you yet in the place where you trust someone or God’s will for you, even if it might mean more anguish in the short term?

As we have read so far, it’s essential to note that the moment of surrender didn’t save our heroes from further demise. In neither story does God stop the drama from getting worse – Jesus was arrested, beaten and crucified. It would be great if it was true, but surrender isn’t a Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card.

If you are in a challenging season, realize that the moment of surrender in your own life is also the moment when God’s plan can take precedence. For an Agnostic like me, many factors are responsible for my terms of surrendering. And for the lucky ones, when God finally takes over, impossible becomes the ignition for incredible!

But not before complete surrender.

https://decoffeehublounge./category/blog/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft’s Project Scarlett: Everything We Know About The Next-gen Activity Con / Share Your Location With Friends, Colleagues And Family On Webtalk / Digital Marketing - Make Money Online ( Geetrendpr)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.