Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

50Cal's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 50Cal's Profile / 50Cal's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Culture / Re: Functionality Of Igbo Chiefs by 50Cal: 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
it does put some perspective on the whole red hat chief. you have to wonder if it has always been like that.

Joavid:
Getting a chieftaincy title in Igbo land is no big deal. Make a lot of money, go to your home town, lobby for a chieftaincy title and you get it.

There are people who cannot win election in their umunna,village,town or women organisation but parade themselves as chiefs and Igbo leaders in Lagos and Abuja after paying some monies to political parties and for federal appointments.

Leadership has always been a big problem among the Igbos to start with and I think the most accepted leadership setting is the umunna gathering.

So to be honest, those chiefs have no function,jurisdictions etc.
Culture / Functionality Of Igbo Chiefs by 50Cal: 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
This is to my Igbo homies out there.
Just out of curiosity is the leadership functionality of Igbo chiefs defined or is the title strictly a recognition. I guess the best way is to focus on one element of the leadership which is jurisdiction. Fellow Nairalanders help me to elaborate if Igbo chiefs have a defined extent of persons or places to which they can administer their influence, control, regulations, e.t.c. It is an area that has piques peoples curiosity as there has been an increasing amount of Igbo chiefs who reside in the USA and UK.

- 50Cal.
Culture / Re: Qualifications To Become An Igbo Chief by 50Cal: 4:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
...that cannot possibly be 100% of Igbo chiefs. I mean the chieftancy authority certainly does not go out their seeking out rich people who have reached a certain salary. there has to a "key" element of obtaining that title after the person is rich.
Culture / Qualifications To Become An Igbo Chief by 50Cal: 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hello NL,

This discussion is pointed out to my Igbo dawgs, or those in NL who are well accustomed to Igbo land. Ok, I see a lot of guys after graduating from college here in USA or UK, after like five years they are now going by Chief John Doe, chief this, chief that. From a leadership perspective what are the requirements to become an Igbo chief? Are we talking just the person becoming successful in their professional field (e.g. medicine, accounting, business, e.t.c) or do they have to make tangible contributions to the advancement of Igbo society?

50Cal..
Literature / The Long Harmattan Season by 50Cal: 2:28am On Apr 04, 2007
[center]The Long Harmattan Season[/center]

[center][/center]

[center]Get it here[/center]

[center]Synopsis
-----------

The Long Harmattan Season is a compilation of satirical commentaries by Nigeria's controversial internet columnist. Laced with autobiographical short stories which also mirror the wider Nigerian society, it is evident from the book that unlike the not-so- pleasant harmattan season which lasts for a short period, Nigerians continue to face social, political and economic challenges.

This book is a worthy companion to other autobiographical essays on Nigeria, but goes a step further in its wit, humour and daring which are the hallmarks of the author's writings. Readers are transported through the author's lens to the different aspects of the life of a Nigerian at home and in the diaspora. Readers may vilify and sympathise with the many characters in the stories but would also agree that Nigerians deserve a break from their long harmattan season.

About the Author
Uche Nworah is an award-winning internet columnist, lecturer and brand strategist. He studied communication arts at the University of Uyo, Nigeria and earned an M.Sc degree in Marketing from the University of Nigeria. Nworah is currently working on his doctoral thesis. [/center]

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.