Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,860 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

What Are The Differences Between Web Development And Web Design? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Are The Differences Between Web Development And Web Design? (958 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Web Development & Web Design? / Differences Between A Website, A Blog, And A Forum / Differences Between Web Designing And Web Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Differences Between Web Development And Web Design? by donjo2(m): 6:50am On Mar 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I have been thinking on this without unique clarity on what differentiates Web design from Web development.

I did a few searches on Google but most articles centred on backend and frontend without specifics.

Anyone who has info on this please help out.

Thanks!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Web Development And Web Design? by Valleys(m): 6:53am On Mar 29, 2019
Design has to do with inserting template on an already existing platform whereas development has to do with building a site from scratch. Like coding. You can confirm cos am not a pro.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Web Development And Web Design? by stanliwise(m): 1:57am On Mar 30, 2019
donjo2:
Hi guys,

I have been thinking on this without unique clarity on what differentiates Web design from Web development.

I did a few searches on Google but most articles centred on backend and frontend without specifics.

Anyone who has info on this please help out.

Thanks!
Web development is a technical term used to refer to overall and long term process of web maintenance, web functionality and improvement process of web.
web design is a part of it which deals with aesthetic and physical layout of web platform.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Web Development And Web Design? by stanliwise(m): 2:05am On Mar 30, 2019
Valleys:
Design has to do with inserting template on an already existing platform whereas development has to do with building a site from scratch. Like coding. You can confirm cos am not a pro.
No, you getting it wrong. You don't need coding to be a web developer and you can be a coder that specializes in web design. I hope you catch my drift.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Web Development And Web Design? by Valleys(m): 8:00am On Mar 30, 2019
stanliwise:
No, you getting it wrong. You don't need coding to be a web developer and you can be a coder that specializes in web design. I hope you catch my drift.
Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Web Development And Web Design? by donjo2(m): 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2019
stanliwise:
Web development is a technical term used to refer to overall and long term process of web maintenance, web functionality and improvement process of web.
web design is a part of it which deals with aesthetic and physical layout of web platform.

This is awesome! If I got it right, Web design is a subset of Web development and focuses on appearance and user experience.

Web development, on the hand, covers maintenance and performance.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Web Development And Web Design? by stanliwise(m): 1:01am On Apr 02, 2019
donjo2:

This is awesome! If I got it right, Web design is a subset of Web development and focuses on appearance and user experience.

Web development, on the hand, covers maintenance and performance.
yea you are right also web development cover everything under the hood of how web works, all the improvement of web experience. Web design is part of the it.

(1) (Reply)

Highest Adsense Cpc I've Ever Seen On My Account / New Legitimate Url Shortener 2020 (pays Within Minutes) / NAIRALAND NEW FONT. YOUR OPINION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.