Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Help!!! Help!! Help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! Help!! Help! (493 Views)

Help! Help!! Help!!! / Help!help!! On My ES350 / Help! Help! Help! Eliminate Cockroaches In My Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Help!! Help! by lillyontop(m): 6:28am On Apr 01, 2019
Good day please I am having problem with my 2011 Corolla when ever I put on the ac the temperature goes up above normal even at night and I went to my mechanic, he told me the thermostat is bad that I should remove it that's the only solution which I have read a lot about thermostat is there any where I can get a new one please or should I just do away with it before over heating spoils my engine thanks

Re: Help!!! Help!! Help! by alphaNomega: 6:52am On Apr 01, 2019
Replace your thermostat. Contact Gazzuzz
Re: Help!!! Help!! Help! by nurey(m): 7:07am On Apr 01, 2019
lillyontop:
Good day please I am having problem with my 2011 Corolla when ever I put on the ac the temperature goes up above normal even at night and I went to my mechanic, he told me the thermostat is bad that I should remove it that's the only solution which I have read a lot about thermostat is there any where I can get a new one please or should I just do away with it before over heating spoils my engine thanks

very vague diagnosis from your mechanic.

anyway probably your fan is faulty for the AC reason why the temperature goes up only when it is on. let the mechanic replace the thermostat if faulty.

let a rewire check your fan motor and replace if faulty

you should not run fan direct or remove thermostat without proper plan to replace it.

goodluck
Re: Help!!! Help!! Help! by homeboy205: 7:36am On Apr 01, 2019
lillyontop:

2011 corolla please don’t remove the thermostat permanently, it’s a great mistake you will get to regret later.
The REPLACE the thermostat it’s a cheap fix, thermostat is sold for 2k max. Check the fan... this is a recent car and if you take out the thermostat the car won’t balance again
Re: Help!!! Help!! Help! by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10am On Apr 01, 2019
lillyontop:

Replace radiator. Thermostat is fine.
Re: Help!!! Help!! Help! by TPound(m): 8:16am On Apr 01, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Replace radiator. Thermostat is fine.

Village people reporting for duty

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Help!! Help! by lillyontop(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2019
nurey:

very vague diagnosis from your mechanic.

anyway probably your fan is faulty for the AC reason why the temperature goes up only when it is on. let the mechanic replace the thermostat if faulty.

let a rewire check your fan motor and replace if faulty

you should not run fan direct or remove thermostat without proper plan to replace it.

goodluck

Nothing is wrong with the fan it's working perfectly......I am on the move with out ac the car temperature seems to be normal and once the AC is on the temperature raises above normal
Re: Help!!! Help!! Help! by lillyontop(m): 10:15am On Apr 01, 2019
homeboy205:

2011 corolla please don’t remove the thermostat permanently, it’s a great mistake you will get to regret later.
The REPLACE the thermostat it’s a cheap fix, thermostat is sold for 2k max. Check the fan... this is a recent car and if you take out the thermostat the car won’t balance again

I will be glad if you can send me a contact that I can get it from thanks in Advance
Re: Help!!! Help!! Help! by homeboy205: 11:40am On Apr 01, 2019
lillyontop:

I will be glad if you can send me a contact that I can get it from thanks in Advance

Where are you??

(1) (Reply)

I Need Eighteen Seater Bus / 10 Fuel Saving Tips That Every Car Owner Should Know / Why Is It Called A Bumper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.