Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Mods Please Help - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mods Please Help (663 Views)

Mods Please Help Out Unable To Login / Mods, Please Take Note Of Obamamessi / Nairaland Mods. Please Create A Page On Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mods Please Help by Nobody: 5:14am On Apr 02, 2019
As you can see I am logged in on my phone browser but on PC no matter what I reset my password to, login returns wrong username and password. I tried on different PC same. I reset my password 5 times problem remains pls help
Re: Mods Please Help by DonGtoG1(m): 5:38am On Apr 02, 2019
Perhaps the moderator(s) can be of help.
Re: Mods Please Help by Gnar: 7:09am On Apr 02, 2019
@Seun
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Mukina2
Sissie

This issue is far more pervasive than you imagine. And most can't even login to report the issue. It doesn't affect all accounts. Just a select number. If an affected account is already logged in, it can make replies, create threads and all. But the user would be unable to login afresh on any device.

The issue started on the 30th/31st of March.

Clearing cache, cookies. None of the typical troubleshooting steps work.

If I were to leave an advice, as a temporary relief, do make it possible for affected accounts to login with email and an access code (sent to the registered email).

Also, I don't know if it's possible to open a specific thread (like this for example) to non-registered users, so those affected can share their experiences. Rather than having to go through the trouble of creating a throwaway email and nairaland account.
Re: Mods Please Help by nick1983: 7:23am On Apr 02, 2019
Gnar:
@Seun
Lalasticlala
Dominique
Mukina2
Sissie

This issue is far more pervasive than you imagine. And most can't even login to report the issue. It doesn't affect all accounts. Just a select number. If an affected account is already logged in, it can make replies, create threads and all. But the user would be unable to login afresh on any device.

The issue started on the 30th/31st of March.

Clearing cache, cookies. None of the typical troubleshooting steps work.

My affected account is LordAdam16.

If I were to leave an advice, as a temporary relief, do make it possible for affected accounts to login with email and an access code (sent to the registered email).

Also, I don't know if it's possible to open a specific thread (like this for example) to non-registered users, so those affected can share their experiences. Rather than having to go through the trouble of creating a throwaway email and nairaland account.

@illiterate, do not logout until this is resolved. I tried to logout (all), see if that'd clear some database ish, and I'm still unable to login.

@nick1983, emypresh. Do share your experience here about the wrong username and password error.

-Lord

This is very annoying o! At first, it seemed like I didn't know what I was typing at first. I started typing one letter after the other like as if I was learning how to type. And the same error message kept appearing "wrong username or password". I had to do a reset via the mail option provided believing that I'll make a head way. For where? The same thing. That account has been active even before the first crash of Nairaland years back and have used it to gain trust for my business. Which kind wahala be this? Seun, fellow Mods, please do help me out now.

1 Like

Re: Mods Please Help by nick1983: 7:25am On Apr 02, 2019
The account name is kinglee007. Please Mods help me gain access to my account again. Please o!!! cry
Re: Mods Please Help by Emypresh(m): 8:47am On Apr 02, 2019
nick1983:

This is very annoying o! At first, it seemed like I didn't know what I was typing at first. I started typing one letter after the other like as if I was learning how to type. And the same error message kept appearing "wrong username or password". I had to do a reset via the mail option provided believing that I'll make a head way. For where? The same thing. That account has been active even before the first crash of Nairaland years back and have used it to gain trust for my business. Which kind wahala be this? Seun, fellow Mods, please do help me out now.

Thank you very much for your response. I was asked to provide my email which i did and a link was sent to me after which i was suppose to login using the link but yet it still didnt pull through.
Re: Mods Please Help by nick1983: 9:08am On Apr 02, 2019
Emypresh:

Thank you very much for your response. I was asked to provide my email which i did and a link was sent to me after which i was suppose to login using the link but yet it still didnt pull through.

Same with me. Used the link and it didn't pull through too for me. I don tire.
Re: Mods Please Help by Gnar: 11:26am On Apr 03, 2019
Really @Seun, lalasticlala, mods...
Wouldn't there at least be an acknowledgement of this issue?
Re: Mods Please Help by nick1983: 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
Gnar:
Really @Seun, lalasticlala, mods...

Wouldn't there at least be an acknowledgement of this issue?

The thing tire me o! I don't understand why they are not even making a statement or commenting about the issue. If they were the ones having such problems, I'm sure it would have been resolved by now. IT'S NOT JUST FAIR!!!
Re: Mods Please Help by Gnar: 7:08am On Apr 04, 2019
@emorej92, please share your experience on inability to login here.
Re: Mods Please Help by emorej92: 3:44pm On Apr 04, 2019
Gnar:
@emorej92, please share your experience on inability to login here.
wow thanks a lot bro... I really appreciate..
Re: Mods Please Help by emorej92: 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2019
I knew it couldn’t be only me experiencing this problem..

I was almost crucified on the thread I opened to report this problem...

I have been locked out of my account... viccipedia for a while now. Every attempt to reset password has been in vain. This is really disturbing because some of us use our accounts for business purposes and the issue has persisted for almost 2weeks now... please look into the problem or find an alternative way for us to log into our accounts.
Re: Mods Please Help by Gnar: 7:08am On Apr 05, 2019
@gulfer, please share your experience on inability to login here.
Re: Mods Please Help by Gnar: 3:33am On Apr 10, 2019
Guys it appears the error has been fixed. Do confirm.
Re: Mods Please Help by Gnar: 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2019
@Seun, Lalasticlala and other administrators/moderators,
Thanks for rectifying the issue.
Re: Mods Please Help by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
Gnar:
@ Seun, mynd44, Lalasticlala and other administrators/moderators,

[color=#000099]I'm currently having this issue, someone please help.
Re: Mods Please Help by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 11, 2019
Gnar:
@Seun, Lalasticlala and other administrators/moderators,

mynd44 Seun kindly assist I still can't log in despite several password reset
Re: Mods Please Help by Gnar: 7:41am On Jun 11, 2019
Crespostakes:
mynd44 Seun kindly assist I still can't log in despite several password reset

It's unlikely any higher-up would respond.

If it's anything like last time, it'd resolve on it's own (or they'd work on it behind the scenes without being vocal about it). But it could take up to 2-3 weeks before you it's mitigated.

Also password resets do nothing. And if you're logged into your account with another device, do not log out on that device.

Still I imagine it wouldn't hurt to update here periodically that you aren't able to log in yet. Beyond that there's nothing else you can do besides hound a mod/admin via some other platform.
Re: Mods Please Help by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 11, 2019
Gnar:

It's unlikely any higher-up would respond.

If it's anything like last time, it'd resolve on it's own (or they'd work on it behind the scenes without being vocal about it). But it could take up to 2-3 weeks before you it's mitigated.

Also password resets do nothing. And if you're logged into your account with another device, do not log out on that device.

Still I imagine it wouldn't hurt to update here periodically that you aren't able to log in yet. Beyond that there's nothing else you can do besides hound a mod/admin via some other platform.
cry
Re: Mods Please Help by Gnar: 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
Crespostakes:
cry

Think it's fixed now.
Re: Mods Please Help by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
Gnar:

Think it's fixed now.
thanks working cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Some Couples Which Either Of Them Seems To Be A Gold Digger(photos) / Hi Sho / Bursting A Nairaland Scammee(a Serial One)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.