Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Where Does The Proceeds From Mining Of Solid Minerals In The North Go? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Does The Proceeds From Mining Of Solid Minerals In The North Go? (346 Views)

FG Approves 499 Licences For Buying And Selling Solid Minerals In 2023 / Akwa Ibom To Commence Rapid Mining Of Solid Minerals In The State .. Photos / Ogun State Produced The Highest Tons Of Solid Minerals In 2018 – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does The Proceeds From Mining Of Solid Minerals In The North Go? by SmartMen: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2019
We know that money from crude oil from the south goes to the center.

Please where does the money from mining solid minerals in the North go? Which body is in charge of this process?

Though I have always known that the North has abundant solid mineral which is why I am was not surprise to hear that gold is being mined in Zamfara. However, what surprises me is the fact that the process for doing this is almost hidden and not publicly available, neither does the proceeds.

Therefore, I wish to be enlightened.
Re: Where Does The Proceeds From Mining Of Solid Minerals In The North Go? by Blue3k(m): 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2019
The taxes go to state since they have querying tax. It also goes to federal government through ministry of mines and steel. If it's an illegal mining opperation none of that applies. Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative has more information. NBS also publishes mining data every year aswell.
Re: Where Does The Proceeds From Mining Of Solid Minerals In The North Go? by Pusyiter(m): 4:27pm On Apr 09, 2019
On paper it goes to the FG but in reality, it goes to individual pockets
This is the reason for the marauders invasion as it is free for all.
South, good morning!
The Oil is yours as well....

2 Likes

Re: Where Does The Proceeds From Mining Of Solid Minerals In The North Go? by Officialgarri: 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2019
SmartMen:
However, what surprises me is the fact that the process for doing this is almost hidden and not publicly available, neither does the proceeds

What do you mean by the above "facts" of yours. Don't make judgements from your own ignorance.

The first comment on the thread has said it all.
Just make enquires from the nearest ministry of solid minerals in your state or visit any Federal ministry of mines and steel (in your state as well)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Atiku Denies Report, Fires Back At APC / Bauchi Governor Heads For Tribunal To Challenge Pdp's Victory / After Reading This: You Will Know That USA Bribery Supersedes Nigieria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.