Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Why Are You A Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are You A Muslim (676 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You A Muslim by chiefImam2: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2010
As salaamu alaikum warahmotu LLahi Wabarakaatuhu, Fellow Muslim Brothers and Sisters, have ever  for one day think it twice that why are you a Muslim, have you think over it one day that suppose you are not a Muslim, what, or who might have being? You are not just a Muslim, but an  Aabid. Allahu Akbar. Alhamdu li LLahi for our lives that He created us and made us Muslim, that we follow the Millata Haneefah
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by zayhal(f): 8:29pm On Sep 14, 2010
Yes. I've wondered why, several years ago too. And it took me to questioning all religions, faiths. I just wanted to know which is true, which is real. I went to church, read wide and all of it.

I just didn't want to accept it from my parents that I had to be a Muslim because they are Muslims and brought us up the islamic way. I wanted to discover the truth myself. For a very long time, I was in this quest, pleading with God to show me the right way. And here I am

Alhamdulilah. I am a Muslim because of Allah's love and mercy upon me.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2010
zayhal:

Yes. I've wondered why, several years ago too. And it took me to questioning all religions, faiths. I just wanted to know which is true, which is real. I went to church, read wide and all of it.

I just didn't want to accept it from my parents that I had to be a Muslim because they are Muslims and brought us up the islamic way. I wanted to discover the truth myself. For a very long time, I was in this quest, pleading with God to show me the right way. And here I am

Alhamdulilah. I am a Muslim because of Allah's love and mercy upon me.

very true,

I have atimes questioned myself about my religion,

Why am i here, what other options are there and what do they offer. I do read awake, and other Christian pamphlets just to know and appreciate my religion

the more,

Always coming to the same conclusion that am on the right path which no other religion can offer me and I dont need someone to intercede for me if i want to

talk to my God,
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by zayhal(f): 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2010
@mdsocks

LOL at your age and profile pix.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by rayhana: 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2010
assalaam mouelekoum
I'm very happy that I'm a muslim alhdl.
I was looking for something that I already had I know allah loves me. The path is there for everyone its only for you to go and take it before its 2late.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by rayhana: 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2010
zayhal Are you from holand?
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by zayhal(f): 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2010
No. Nigeria. Why?
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by rayhana: 7:31am On Sep 15, 2010
because you wrote lol and it means fun in netherlands that's why. What does it mean lol because I saw a lot of it in nl?
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by zayhal(f): 8:27am On Sep 15, 2010
ok.

LOL= laughing out Loud

OR

LOL= Lots of Love.

Depends on usage and context.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by azharuddin: 9:20am On Sep 15, 2010
Alahmdullillah, i was born to muslim parents. I cannot imagine myself not being one. But i am having a tuf time being a good muslim. May Allah guide us in the right path. Ameen.
Re: Why Are You A Muslim by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2010
zayhal:

@mdsocks

LOL at your age and profile pix.

zayhal , no mind my age jor,

age is just a number and my profile pic just depicts that  cheesy

I used to have arguments when friends see me reading books from other religions , saying i should have better things to do,

It always reminds me of a lost fella here named pilgrim1, She was a muslim b4 and hated Christianity with passion[i] (according to her)[/i] but later on she

was faced with some problems and Christians were the one who bailed her out.  Sadly she changed and renounced Islam,

Always thinking that if she had knew what the other religion had to offer while she was a muslim, this might have not occurred because it is just a coincidence

that help came from that angle at that time or myabe it was just God testing her faith, [size=5pt](Pls God dont test us with what we cant bear oo), 
[/size]

Thats why we have to get enshrined in our religion by not just following like a zombie but ask questions about what you dont understand and seek help.

(1) (Reply)

Brothers & Sisters, Seek For A Life Partner Here (be Very Serious Pls) / The Quran: Unique? Or A Miracle? / Hard-line Muslim Rally Demands Anti-blasphemy Laws In Bangladesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.