Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer (1385 Views)

The Fail-safe Way For You To Become A Good Computer Programmer / Contact Your Computer Programmer And Website Designer / Computer Programmer With A Degree In Computer Science Education? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by vteen1: 6:16am On Apr 18, 2019
pls am doing a project on computer programmer please (1)what are the challenges you face when you started and how you overcome them (2)what your present challenge and how you are overcome them (3)your name,address,phone no,company or group name.. please that all help a brother
Re: What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by vteen1: 6:50am On Apr 18, 2019
please help me nairalander i just started ict training and i barely know anytin thing abt it.. The teacher want to comfirm if i use the internet or not please
Re: What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by sparkle7: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
vteen1:
pls am doing a project on computer programming please
(1)what are the challenges you face when you started and how you overcome them
(2)what your present challenge and how you are overcome them
(3)your name,address,phone no,company or group name..
please that all help a brother
1. My very first challenge was getting a laptop. I hustled hard to get one and got some help from Dad in making up the amount.
Next was Data palaver to download pdf and videos. I used night browsing to download lots of resources that i need at just N25.
I also got some crack software together with their tutorial from a software shop.
There is a particular time in every programmer's learning timeline that he starts giving up on coding maybe because of a bug or a logical error that is difficult to track down.
To me it was pointers in C++ and OOP in Java.
I almost gave up, infact i gave up.
Then after a couple of weeks, I decided to return and learn the concept again. Funny I grabbed it immediately.
So i think most times coding furstrate coders until they take a break, relax the mind and come back with alacrity.
Another issue I had was learning 2 languages at the same time. I grabbed neither of the two! So i had to learn them one at a time as their syntaxes were conflicting with each other.
2. Present issues includes short sight due to over fixation on a direct light source.
No mentor to ask imminent questions. I have to comb SO for my answers.
School taking some of my time.
Other side hustles.
3. I go Anonymous here.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by ubsky(m): 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
vteen1:
pls am doing a project on computer programmer please
(1)what are the challenges you face when you started and how you overcome them
(2)what your present challenge and how you are overcome them
(3)your name,address,phone no,company or group name..
please that all help a brother
Initially when I started programming the first issue I had was high fee charged for programming course even after writing one of the scholarship exam under a company here in Lagos the fee was so high I opted out,but later learnt under a small programming hub in which I learnt the basics like html and CSS(the skeletal part and design of the web),I ran away when we started the backend part of web development using php because I was getting confused with the syntax and database structure but later came back to it,worked on it coupled with JavaScript,I had issues relating to lack of power supply and also subscriptions to get available materials and YouTube tutorials online,I had to be doing this during midnight and for the light issue no valuable solutions unless I use generators and go to Cafe to work......
Re: What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by vteen1: 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
Thank you very much bro
Re: What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by abrahambest(m): 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
My first challenge was getting a good laptop, I was still in school then back in 2012. I managed the half broken screen I had and started learning visual basic 6.0. i had a great deal of passion for programming and I kept on researching and doing little programs. I later moved on to visual basic.net,c# and the likes
Well for me, I think one major thing programmers face while picking up that skill is the learning curve. Not everyone can scale through, it requires passion, continuous research and all efforts to get it right
Re: What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by sparkle7: 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
Lalasticlala suen To Fp pls.
Re: What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by Cradle000(m): 1:37am On Apr 20, 2019
I just want to delve into it but i want to know which language to start from as a starter. What laptop i will be using for it and especially where to learn it from. Am based in lagos pls help a brother
Re: What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by clockwisereport: 2:07am On Apr 20, 2019
I am still learning how to write programs. Some of the challenges I face include:
1) lack of a tutor to ask pressing questions
2) Nepa abi EEDC wahala
3)lack of fund to buy enough data, but I rely mostly on my school Wi-Fi
4)at first, I was jumping from one language to the other until I decided to define a path
5) sometimes I feel like quitting in the midst of problems because there is no one to encourage me or to even correct me
I hope I tried... Abeg forgive my yeye grammar
Re: What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by AdolphBrian: 5:10am On Apr 20, 2019
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
At first, when I started with HTML & CSS, it wasn't all that bad. I was starting to
think that coding wasn't going to be all that difficult but when I came over to
JavaScript I couldn't believe what I saw. I couldn't understand anything I saw in the
PDF. Because I was training myself with PDF's I didn't have any mentor or anyone at
all to consult.

As for how I fixed it, I decided to switch over to a new and simpler programming
language, Python. When I started with Python I discovered some similarities between it
and JavaScript. On a particular day, while working on a Python project I got
discouraged before I even started because I didn't know how to compile it .exe format.
Because of this I forgot about coding for like 2 months. But thanks to watching IE I
learnt that even if you think that you can't get through a situation you should at
least try. Just remember that "where there's a will, there's a way".

Other problems I encountered where:

1. Lack of access to the internet
2. Complicated grammar in tutorial PDF's
3. Epileptic power supply
4. My mother always sending me on errands wink

As for my present challenge, its slight confusion. The download manager I'm working on
is generating syntax errors that I'm trying to clear. My resolution to this problem is
to find friends online. I haven't had an online friend before. And as sad as it seems,
I really need to find online friends that have the same goals I do, mastering
programming languages. I need to find a small group, one that has active members in it,
and consists of people that around my level because having too many Pros in the group
might get them frustrated since some (if not most) of the members will most likely be
on my level (beginner) and will want to ask multiple questions.

Anyway, I've decide to find one by creating a topic here on Nairaland but if any of
you know or are willing to create one (** raises hand **) I indicate my interest.

(WhatsApp | Phone no): 07016719765
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
Re: What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by AdolphBrian: 5:32am On Apr 20, 2019
P.S: If any of you know or want to create a whatsApp group for coding pls add my number cos I'm using Free Basics on Airtel
Re: What Are The Challenges As A Computer Programmer by Nobody: 6:49am On May 06, 2019
AdolphBrian:
P.S: If any of you know or want to create a whatsApp group for coding pls add my number cos I'm using Free Basics on Airtel
Message 08164412295 on WhatsApp.

(1) (Reply)

Jack Dorsey Celebrates Bitcoin Birthday / Python Na Cheat Programming Language E Too Easy I Swr / Android AIDE Premium Key Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.