Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women (11104 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Nnia Nwodo Will Lose His Position. Sultan Has 23 Oil Wells / IPOB Members In South Africa Roast Yam, Invite Nnia Nwodo, Okorocha, Ngige / IPOB Women Disgrace Nnia Nwodo, Scatter Ohanaeze Event (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by cyrilamx(m): 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2019
Raphael Ede, Enugu

The President General of Igbo apex socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Mr. Nnia Nwodo, has charged Nigerian women to rediscover their talents and stop over-dependency on men, adding, “he who dares wins.”

He said that the concept of ‘a woman is a passenger and not a partner’ should be discarded, stressing, “in all civilised climes, a woman gives love, respect and care not at a price but in reciprocity for her partner’s affection and care.”

Nwodo gave the charge in a keynote address on Thursday when Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom recognised Prof. Uche Azikiwe and Prof. Joy Ezeilo for their contributions to the cause of women in Nigeria.

The event held in Enugu.

He regretted that in Nigeria, notwithstanding that women are more than men, public offices are still dominated by men.

“Women find it difficult to mobilise themselves because most of them are economically dependent on men and find it difficult to pursue their convictions when such convictions go against the wishes of their male partners.

“You can’t have talent and hide it like a lamp under a bushel. You must not let people second-guess your abilities. It must be so uncomfortable to see things go so bad when you know that you can do them better,” he said.

While he identified economy of scale as a dire necessity in women emancipation programmes, Nwodo enjoined women to combine efforts and build stronger and broader-based organisation to reach out to more people rather than “have multiple unrecognisable and less impacting organisations.”

In her address, Prof. Joy Ezeilo commended the organisers of the event for identifying her effort in advancement of women’s cause in Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/stop-depending-on-men-ohanaeze-ndigbo-leader-tells-women/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by sarrki(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2019
This ohaneze nah same thing with other useless organization like afenifere and arewa consultative forum

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by funmijoyb(f): 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2019
sarrki:
This ohaneze nah same thing with other useless organization like afenifere and arewa consultative forum
Hausa women depends on men totally, be it married or unmarried.
They depends on men Psychologically, mentally, financially...etc but d Arewa leaders aren't even saying anything

Na CAN and MUMURIC outburst worst pass

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2019
I respect ladies frying puff puff more than the beautiful lazy ones who spreads their legs or depends on men for survival.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by BlackfireX: 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2019
Chai.....

Ohaneze turns to beer parlour mongers

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by goodnessme1(f): 8:57pm On Apr 20, 2019
Ohanaeze ndi ara.

Where is their restructuring?

When Mazi Nnamdi Kanu was around they joined yoloba muslims to fight him with their noise called restructuring,
why are we not hearing restructuring restructuring restructuring restructuring restructuring from both them and yolobas.

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by Biglittlelois(f): 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
I have noticed the northerners don't complain when it comes to their women depending on them, why?? Cos the women are totally submissive cos they earned it, but down south, the men with their lazy tendencies, want their women to be independent and submissive at the same time forcefully, forgetting that you can't have both at the same time,

Submission, same as respect, is earned not forced, do your duty as a man which is to provide, when your wife sees your hard work and determination to provide, she wouldn't think twice to contribute what she has without you asking, she will respect and submit to you willingly, but when a man lay a rule saying I will provide for this, you provide for that, you have made her a co partner, she will have a say in everything and sometimes a final say too, submission will def be far from her.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by geunik(m): 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 20, 2019
Dependency on men by women have become a deep culture in Nigeria . It’ll take centuries if not forever to wipe away that mentality

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by jashar(f): 9:11pm On Apr 20, 2019
The only man i depend on is Jesus grin...

He meets all my needs...all other men are sinking sand

16 Likes

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by dreamwords: 9:13pm On Apr 20, 2019
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by mmadu5(m): 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
They will not listen .
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by halfbloodprince(m): 9:17pm On Apr 20, 2019
Lmao. They're coming for you.
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by NotBeenPaid: 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
funmijoyb:

Hausa women totally depends on men totally, be it Psychologically, mentally, financially... And d Arewa leaders aren't even saying anything

Na CAN and MUMURIC outburst worst pass

It's a religious thingy

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by SoNature(m): 9:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
This Ohaneze youths are losing focus!
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by lukui: 9:25pm On Apr 20, 2019
who will fvck them? you ? how. many d1cks do you have?

twentieth century women don't depend on men for money like you rightly said but they still someone to sleep with at night and someone to take them to shopping, buy then jewelries and Brazilian hair!

so unless all of them(women) are gays and lesbians don't be deceived , directly or indirectly they will still depend on men, even for advice, or for chain of command,

the way a man can think can't be compared with the way women think( I have my respect for women oooo)
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 20, 2019
jashar:
The only man i depend on is Jesus grin...

He meets all my needs...all other men are sinking sand

I'm not sinking

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 9:32pm On Apr 20, 2019
k
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by Elemosho478: 9:36pm On Apr 20, 2019
goodnessme1:
Ohanaeze ndi ara.

When Mazi Nnamdi Kanu was around they joined yoloba muslims to fight him with their noise called restructuring,
why are we not hearing restructuring restructuring restructuring restructuring restructuring from both them and yolobas.

You should know that there is no point in being Noise Makers, action speak louder than words, not everyone will be noisemakers like IPOB. Yoruba is still on Restructuring but we like to take actions rather than making Noise and disturbing the peace of Nigerians
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 20, 2019
goodnessme1:
Ohanaeze ndi ara.

By their useless comments you shall know them, business ventures between the legs
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by Elemosho478: 9:40pm On Apr 20, 2019
Biglittlelois:
I have noticed the northerners don't complain when it comes to their women depending on them, why?? Cos the women are totally submissive cos they earned it, but does south, the men with their lazy tendencies, want their women to be independent and submissive at the same time forcefully, forgetting that you can't have both at the same time,

Submission, same as respect, is earned not forced, do your duty as a man which is to provide, when your wife sees your hard work and determination to provide, she wouldn't think twice to contribute what she has without you asking, she will respect and submit to you willingly, but when a man lay a rule saying I will provide for this, you provide for that, you have made her a co partner, she will have a say in everything and sometimes a final say too, submission will def be far from her.

Far from the truth, this is pure fallacy

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2019
Biglittlelois:
I have noticed the northerners don't complain when it comes to their women depending on them, why?? Cos the women are totally submissive cos they earned it, but does south, the men with their lazy tendencies, want their women to be independent and submissive at the same time forcefully, forgetting that you can't have both at the same time,

What is he saying? what is this one saying? if you want to be a parasite all your life,so shall it be,but don't come here when men use you like rag and throw you away,work and earn respect.

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by ednut1(m): 9:44pm On Apr 20, 2019
Biglittlelois:

the women there are conservative and have not open eye. Many ladies in the south wont tolerate what their mums tolerated

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by Aboguede(m): 9:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
If e don reach ohanaeze to dey discuss with slay queens then their work don finish

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by enemyofprogress: 9:50pm On Apr 20, 2019
Dem no go hear

ADVICE PLS!!!

Abeg how can I fry my chicken without it doing shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I'm owing my landlord 2years rent.

AM WAITING OOO
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by Mariangeles(f): 9:50pm On Apr 20, 2019
It's fulfilling to make your own money though.
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by ransomed: 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2019
Ohaneze ndigbo should first stop IBO fathers and uncles from collecting millions of naira as bride price on their daughters . This singular act drives suitors away and ladies got no choice but depend on men for survival as sex slaves ( prostitutes) , baby factory and drug peddlers.
Domestic chores and taking care of children are very tasking and I do not expect my sister to do all these and at the same time provide for the family. Stingy men have spoken.

Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by naijjaman(m): 9:54pm On Apr 20, 2019
Re: Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women by Mariangeles(f): 9:58pm On Apr 20, 2019
ednut1:
the women there are conservative and have not open eye. Many ladies in the south wont tolerate what their mums tolerated
Conservative ke ? shocked

Ok o!
You'd be surprised what they do under their hijab

Senator Akpabio Sends Akwa Ibomites Into Wild Jubilation Over Victory At Tribuna / Secondus: Why I Won’t Withdraw Lawsuit Against PDP / Do You Approve Of Lamido Sanusi's Actions?