Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux (9354 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux by digitalize(m): 4:55am On Sep 17, 2010
Hello,

Any one using Ubuntu Linux out there? Pls how can I use my MTN modem to browse
on Ubuntu 10.04.

Pls any help will be very much appreciated.
Re: Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux by goldenboi(m): 10:21am On Sep 17, 2010
I think Ubuntu detects the modem automatically. You just look for the VPN option and you should see mtn nigeria listed there. I dont think there's a way you can install the interface they use for windows on ubuntu so you have to load and choose your plans manually before getting to connect with it, if you still have any problems call me, 08030794302, id be glad to help for FREE

1 Like

Re: Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoii: 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2010
you don't need to do any setup to use it. Just plug in your modem, go to the network manager applet on the upper right corner of your screen (it shld be the first icon. the one that looks like waves , or maybe arrows up n down). click on it and you will see "MTN Default 1" or something like that. Click on that and you will be connected rightaway. The only caveat is that you will not be able to check speeds and data usage but that can be remedied by using this http://ubuntunigeria./2010/08/18/monitor-your-data-usage-on-ubuntu-easily-using-ntm/. As for topup and plan changes, i'm afraid you'll have to do that from a phone or a windows computer.

1 Like

Re: Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux by felifeli: 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2012
muyiscoii: you don't need to do any setup to use it. Just plug in your modem, go to the network manager applet on the upper right corner of your screen (it shld be the first icon. the one that looks like waves , or maybe arrows up n down). click on it and you will see "MTN Default 1" or something like that. Click on that and you will be connected rightaway. The only caveat is that you will not be able to check speeds and data usage but that can be remedied by using this http://ubuntunigeria./2010/08/18/monitor-your-data-usage-on-ubuntu-easily-using-ntm/. As for topup and plan changes, i'm afraid you'll have to do that from a phone or a windows computer.

Thanks,this did not work with Starcomms USB modem though. Can you advise on how to do
Re: Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux by hamid5: 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
can any body help me how to receive calls with mtn modem please
Re: Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux by brightk(m): 8:35am On Jan 11, 2013
felifeli:

Thanks,this did not work with Starcomms USB modem though. Can you advise on how to do

u ve 2 get d settings of ur starcomm modem.. i personally use multilinks on my ubuntu 12.10
Re: Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux by Toroze(m): 11:27am On Jun 24, 2013
Here's how i browse on linux mint with any modem universal or locked, go to google search for and download sakis3g script runt it follow the prompt and you are good to go
Re: Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux by tboy20017: 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
Whether for mtn b.i.s,multilinks,etisalat b.i.s,spectrum,tweakwarevpn is the answer, MTN BIS is still on, but with the help of tweakwarevpn, You still have the chance to enjoy your browsing at the very best speed, You can also use tweakwarevpn with multilinks and you don't need to pay for any subscription again, browse at ease...
Tweakwarevpn is back with its new servers, and they are really blazing fast, Contact me for the premium vouchers 08038635701, at 500 naira or MTN Recharge of 750, with instant account activation........... Enjoy it my people..log on to tweakwarevpn.net and register with a username...
Re: Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux by psammyJ(m): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Toroze: Here's how i browse on linux mint with any modem universal or locked, go to google search for and download sakis3g script runt it follow the prompt and you are good to go
plz d saki is nt workin on ma ubuntu after downloadin it....plz can u help me out..on wat to do
Re: Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
If you are still interested in Linux pls join the Nigeria Linux User Group on Telegram lets share our Linux knowledge together.

See you there.

(1) (Reply)

Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network / Which Is Your Favourite Browser? / Network Engineers Lounge: Guys/gals What Project Are You Working On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.