Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Whats The Difference? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whats The Difference? (919 Views)

Spot The Difference In Buhari Fayose Transcorp Photos / What's The Difference Between The Senate And House Of Representative? / What's The Difference Between 'Osun State' And 'State Of Osun' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Difference? by madejibo: 7:37am On Sep 19, 2010
The clamour for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan(GEJ) to run for president is crazy but my sincere question is what makes him better than our past leaders? Are people clamouring for him because IBB is running, just to stop him or is his govt just organising this support (i.e is support his artificial?). This is a govt that has spent $18billion from our foreign reserve in 8months and planning to borrow $4.6billion. I am not saying don't spend o! But money spent that does not affect the common man on the street its absolute rubbish to me. All they do in Abuja is keep on increasing political appointees allowances.
GEJ's govt can not take criticisms at all. Because a professor of Economics (soludo) said govt recent policies are bound to fail you call him names saying he was the worst CBN governor ever! Must a responsible govt attack all critics and people say he is better than IBB I wonder what GEJ would have done if he was a military president probably he would have arrested the guy.
Also because Dokpesi is supporting IBB a lot of threats over his life (though it could be false alarm) and when the guy shouted govt have not stopped calling him names and govt have not thot of it wisely to launch an investigative enquiry into his claims but a govt agency FIRS has launched an investigation into his company's tax profile. The govt has forgotten that the Yaradua/GEJ is owing the mans media outfit billions of naira for covering U17 world cup.
I just laugh at naija at times same old wines in re-branded bottles (but same label- PDP). I watched the declaration yesterday and had to switch of my generator (in order to conserve my fuel for Arsenals match later since govt has refused to provide power) when I could not contain my anger any more at the level of psychophancy displayed at the declaration.
At the end of the day I ask myself what is the difference?
Re: Whats The Difference? by naija2much: 7:47am On Sep 19, 2010
My thoughts exactly, do we really need these bunch of never-do-wells? They should take all the oil to Abuja, take all the money and national agencies there, build 3000-high fence across Abuja and leave us alone. We're better of!
Re: Whats The Difference? by madejibo: 7:55am On Sep 19, 2010
Before I forget in 2006 GEJs wife was nabbed in the UK for money laundry but was left of the hook cos obj had a deal for him (GEJ) to give up the then governor of bayelsa Alamaishegha. We don't see to remember that agai
Re: Whats The Difference? by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2010
The pdp have always claimed to be progressive but their modus operandi have been the same from OBJ-yaradua and now jonathan ,so i doubt if it won't be business as usual.however,my main concern about pdp is to ensure the stoppage of Ibb and whoever thereafter becomes the flagbearer from the flocks of the same old politrickians would be up for consideration at the polls.
The problem at this time is a serious lack of a formidable opposition,the last of which we  saw during the Awolowo days and more of recent within the defunct AD that won all the south western states and a close ruuner up in the presidential election but later died from a self-inflicted death after leadership problem.the fact from all these is that it's time the opposition really come out hard to break the myth surrounding the pdp.
The 1999 election really showed that the AD would have been a strong opposition if it had not let sentiments overshadowed its objectivity anyways we can only hope the present ACN would be up for the challenges come next year.Only a adoption of Awolowo opposition legacy could oust pdp and such traits can be found in ACN.
Re: Whats The Difference? by Sharonf(f): 8:15am On Sep 19, 2010
The support for John is a result of the desperation to stop IBB. Johnny cannot be a president in his own right but merely another PDP stooge, as was Yardie
Re: Whats The Difference? by madejibo: 8:17am On Sep 19, 2010
AD, AC, ACN whatever they are called are all the same if dey could unanimously adopt atiku what's d difference. Tinubu till today is the no1 thief of lagos. Honestly I ll vote IBB if I hv to vote. To me I prefer him to all these hypocrites honestly
Re: Whats The Difference? by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 19, 2010
Sharon_f:

The support for John is a result of the desperation to stop IBB. Johnny cannot be a president in his own right but merely another PDP stooge, as was Yardie
Sure,Jonathan will always be a stooge.The support to stop IBB is exclusively a pdp affair while the choice of who becomes the president is left for Nigerians to decide.you can always vote for another's candidate if you want cuz my vote can't go to pdp
Re: Whats The Difference? by oderemo(m): 9:04am On Sep 19, 2010
AD, AC, ACN whatever they are called are all the same if dey could unanimously adopt atiku what's d difference. Tinubu till today is the no1 thief of lagos. Honestly I ll vote IBB if I hv to vote. To me I prefer him to all these hypocrites honestly
honestly too i am begining to swing for i thief thief cos i dont see how ribadu can get to ass hole rock. gej has done nothing since becoming pres. all these bills passed are meaniless, ppl need to see action coming frm him. moreover look all those croonies the man is surrounding himself with. its like he is short of confidence.
Re: Whats The Difference? by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2010
madejibo:

Did AD transform to AC ? You need to get your fact before spewing rubbish.get lost
Re: Whats The Difference? by madejibo: 9:29am On Sep 19, 2010
@bluetooth
Abeg who where d pple in AD and who are the pple in AD(alliance for democracy)
Re: Whats The Difference? by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2010
madejibo:

@bluetooth
Abeg who where d pple in AD and who are the pple in AD(alliance for democracy)
I will assume you don't know .in any case apart from bisi Akande and tinubu that broke out to form Ac,which other person makes Ac from the defunct Ad ?
Re: Whats The Difference? by madejibo: 10:05am On Sep 19, 2010
@ bluetooth
Also segun osoba, lam Adeshina, niyi adebayo kayode fayemi, the whole political machinery in the south west all AD elected senators apart from koro house of rep members the list is endless AD was like transformed to AC but that is not my bone of contention guys (whether I am wrong or right about AD) the opposition in naija is no difference all of them are abt the same
Re: Whats The Difference? by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 19, 2010
madejibo:

@ bluetooth
Also segun osoba, lam Adeshina, niyi adebayo kayode fayemi, the whole political machinery in the south west all AD elected senators apart from koro house of rep members the list is endless AD was like transformed to AC but that is not my bone of contention guys (whether I am wrong or right about AD) the opposition in naija is no difference all of them are abt the same

All these people are governors under the party right from Tinubu,Akande and the ones you mentioned. . .did falae,bola ige,Abraham Adesany and the yoruba elders in afenifere join AC ?
Re: Whats The Difference? by madejibo: 10:42am On Sep 19, 2010
@ bluetooth
Bola ige died, falae started his party also abraham adesanya but all na story none of them could unite together because of their individual greed
Re: Whats The Difference? by monkeyleg: 10:44am On Sep 19, 2010
I am glad there are still some right thinking people in our country. this is what give me hope to keepm talking and speaking to people about what really matters in our country.

I have been falsely accused of hating GJ, even when he come from ND like I do. The fact is that he belongs to a party that has contributed to the absolute wrecking of our country. i really do fail to see how he can be effective in  Party full of thieves, there is just no way, even the blind can see failure ahead, but in the interest of Nigerians, i hope and pray i am wrong, but the evidence is just too stack.
Re: Whats The Difference? by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 19, 2010
madejibo:

@ bluetooth
Bola ige died, falae started his party also abraham adesanya but all na story none of them could unite together because of their individual greed

What did you mean by bola ige died,falae started his party ? Anyways,bola died as an AD chieftain even though he served under a pdp-controlled government. . . .falae was APP presidential candidate while Ige hoped to be AD's candidate before the two parties merged together and Falae become the flagebearer of the union.FYI,Afenifere was not a political party but a pan-yoruba group.
Re: Whats The Difference? by madejibo: 11:13am On Sep 19, 2010
@bluetooth
Whatever they are all greedy aand dats my point
Re: Whats The Difference? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 19, 2010
madejibo:

@bluetooth
Whatever they are all greedy aand dats my point

Not at all. . . .The four years of Osoba was far more better than the 8 years of daniel in ogun state and same goes for Akande and others.go to osun state and find out how Akande was very prudent in spending public funds.They were more focused than the present lots we have today.
Re: Whats The Difference? by koruji(m): 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2010
@Sharon_f
Correct. IBB is going to make GEJ president by his fool-hardy insistence to be part of the show. I believe though that once he is shoved out the door at the PDP primaries, we are going to have a real debate about this election.

What we have in Nigeria is a leader-follower party model. PDP is the leader, other parties are following, though this is unfortunate. These parties will not make a move until they are sure where PDP is headed. I believe PDP is playing the game very well, with the likes of Saraki and Gusau joining the fray.

I cannot but think that the level of support GEJ received yesterday was largely due to the PDP game machine. I think GEJ has enough support, but the overwhelming nature of it had to do with PDP and the IBB factor than with Jonathan.

Sharon_f:

Re: Whats The Difference? by Beaf: 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2010
monkeyleg:

I am glad there are still some right thinking people in our country. this is what give me hope to keepm talking and speaking to people about what really matters in our country.

I have been falsely accused of hating GJ, even when he come from ND like I do. The fact is that he belongs to a party that has contributed to the absolute wrecking of our country. i really do fail to see how he can be effective in  Party full of thieves, there is just no way, even the blind can see failure ahead, but in the interest of Nigerians, i hope and pray i am wrong, but the evidence is just too stack.

Any educated person with half a brain knows that in a democracy, you vote for the individual, not the party. Find another excuse to camouflage the hating jare. angry
Re: Whats The Difference? by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2010
In any democracy, voting for a candidate also implies voting for a PARTY. If anything, the US/UK example have shown this to be the case OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! No Candidate exists in isolation.
Re: Whats The Difference? by sbeezy8: 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2010
hmm lets see jonathan is ijaw- im tired of iddiots saying hausa-fulani yoruba oligarchy controlling nigeria.

it will now be hausa-fulani, yoruba, ijaw-igbo oligarchy

goodluck for president-
Re: Whats The Difference? by madejibo: 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2010
@ beaf
There is a popular saying that says show me your friend and I tell u who u are. That also apply in politics. @beaf we all know u are a GEJ guy so nothing u can say that will suprise us
Re: Whats The Difference? by Beaf: 12:10am On Sep 20, 2010
madejibo:

@ beaf
There is a popular saying that says show me your friend and I tell u who u are. That also apply in politics. @beaf we all know u are a GEJ guy so nothing u can say that will suprise us

Thank you. Since you adressed me personally, can I ask you something that has been bothering me?
. . .Where did you pluck the story that the govt has spent "$18billion from our foreign reserve in 8months?" From my viewpoint, that is a total fabrication. Can you back up your claims?

madejibo:

The clamour for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan(GEJ) to run for president is crazy but my sincere question is what makes him better than our past leaders? Are people clamouring for him because IBB is running, just to stop him or is his govt just organising this support (i.e is support his artificial?). This is a govt that has spent $18billion from our foreign reserve in 8months and planning to borrow $4.6billion. I am not saying don't spend o! But money spent that does not affect the common man on the street its absolute rubbish to me. All they do in Abuja is keep on increasing political appointees allowances.
GEJ's govt can not take criticisms at all. Because a professor of Economics (soludo) said govt recent policies are bound to fail you call him names saying he was the worst CBN governor ever! Must a responsible govt attack all critics and people say he is better than IBB I wonder what GEJ would have done if he was a military president probably he would have arrested the guy.
Also because Dokpesi is supporting IBB a lot of threats over his life (though it could be false alarm) and when the guy shouted govt have not stopped calling him names and govt have not thot of it wisely to launch an investigative enquiry into his claims but a govt agency FIRS has launched an investigation into his company's tax profile. The govt has forgotten that the Yaradua/GEJ is owing the mans media outfit billions of naira for covering U17 world cup.
I just laugh at naija at times same old wines in re-branded bottles (but same label- PDP). I watched the declaration yesterday and had to switch of my generator (in order to conserve my fuel for Arsenals match later since govt has refused to provide power) when I could not contain my anger any more at the level of psychophancy displayed at the declaration.
At the end of the day I ask myself what is the difference?
Re: Whats The Difference? by princekevo(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2010
monkeyleg:

I have been falsely accused of hating GJ, even when he come from ND like I do. The fact is that he belongs to a party that has contributed to the absolute wrecking of our country. i really do fail to see how he can be effective in Party full of thieves, there is just no way, even the blind can see failure ahead, but in the interest of Nigerians, i hope and pray i am wrong, but the evidence is just too stack.

Would you care on that man? Even if my blood brother emerges as PDP flagbearer is would openly cast my vote against him to see it. I was surprised to see all the folks that questioned 8years OBJ, Wasted 3years of Yaradead, which Jonathan was part of all under PDP are here trying to convince us that Jonathan will be different. Why? Jst becoz he is their kinsman. Thesame sentiments that made the youths to be disassociated with the reality of Nigerian politics. While our sense positive criticisms are being clouded by sentiments they are busy sharing your future and that is your children within themselves in Abuja
Re: Whats The Difference? by princekevo(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2010
Please Moderator (Jarus), which board you moved this topic to?
Re: Whats The Difference? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 20, 2010
Sharon_f:

TRUE TALK! our sisters don get more reasonable sense than the brothers. Before some folks here ask me to prove it, Sharon is one BIG proof n the Falconets, Flamingoes are additional eveidence.
Re: Whats The Difference? by madejibo: 5:07pm On Sep 20, 2010
We are all clamouring for GEJ and for over 6 weeks workers of federal govt research institue have been on strike too bad in this time and age

(1) (Reply)

Gej Ranks Dora's Contribution Higher Than Other Nigerians ? / Beaf:tell Jonathan Go The United Nation,who is humphrey nwosu / Pastor Tunde Bakare On Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.