Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Window XP Installation Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Window XP Installation Problem (837 Views)

My Toshiba Laptop With Window Xp Is Not Booting. / How Can I Format My Window Xp My Self From An Old Compact Computer / Xp Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Window XP Installation Problem by komols856: 1:29pm On May 08, 2019
I have a desktop computer at home that can only operate on window xp. the computer has been misbehaving and i tried to format it and install new window xp. all the due process of formatting has been followed and the window xp was installing until suddenly when the installation was about to finish, the computer started showing on the screen that the " Set up installation about restarting". it will restart to boot but instead of it to finish booting, it will repeat " Set up installation about restarting". instead of it to finish installation, it has continued to show that since yestaday till now. i have change the installation CD yet it continue to show the same thing. I don't what is the problem, whether it is hard disk failure or what?. please anyone with useful info on what to do or how to install the window xp successfully should suggest please. thank you.
Re: Window XP Installation Problem by Whispereye: 2:34pm On May 08, 2019
Try to go to BIOS again and setup your windows XP installation CD again as boot device first priority and then you will see an option to format that disks actually. And just do it again actually. It should work, if not than indeed something wrong with hard disk here.
Re: Window XP Installation Problem by komols856: 6:32am On May 09, 2019
Whispereye:
Try to go to BIOS again and setup your windows XP installation CD again as boot device first priority and then you will see an option to format that disks actually. And just do it again actually. It should work, if not than indeed something wrong with hard disk here.

Thank you very much, please I have press F12 which take me to where I selected CD ROM for installation, yet it could not still format. the problem continue to show what it was showing before. even the old window in the computer before refuses to run or boot again since the new installation was not successful. please throw more light on what to do. Thanks
Re: Window XP Installation Problem by Greatzeus(m): 12:22pm On May 09, 2019
komols856:

Thank you very much, please I have press F12 which take me to where I selected CD ROM for installation, yet it could not still format. the problem continue to show what it was showing before. even the old window in the computer before refuses to run or boot again since the new installation was not successful. please throw more light on what to do. Thanks
Do you reside in Lagos? I can help format with win xp,activate, reinstall drivers and other important software

(1) (Reply)

Hp Elitebook 1040 G2, Intel Core I7, 256ssd, 8gb Ram. / This System Is Going For ₦37K / SPSS Data Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.