Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

$$$$$$$ - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / $$$$$$$ (438 Views)

2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / How Stressful Is Doing An Msc In University Of Ibadan? / Dont Do Your Research B.sc, M.sc And Phd Without Elibraryusa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$$$$$$$ by Jman06(m): 8:31pm On May 31, 2019
#$$$$$
Re: $$$$$$$ by ikyTech(m): 9:04pm On May 31, 2019
Pharm.D is a doctorate already right? I would think your considerarion wouldve the discipline you intend to have another Ph.D in. I mean if it is something not related, you would more likely need to have a Msc before. My 2 cents bro.
Jman06:
I know that this is possible in the developed countries and even in India, China and some other Asian countries.
Pharmacists with Pharm.D degree can proceed directly to do PhD in areas like Biopharmaceuticals, Pharmacology, and Pharmacognosy without MSc. But being aware that Nigeria is a country where things go in reverse order, I doubt if it would be possible for one with Pharm.D to be admitted directly to PhD without going the MSc route.

Please anybody that has an idea on this should enlighten me. Thanks in advance
Re: $$$$$$$ by Jman06(m): 9:37pm On May 31, 2019
ikyTech:
Pharm.D is a doctorate already right? I would think your considerarion wouldve the discipline you intend to have another Ph.D in. I mean if it is something not related, you would more likely need to have a Msc before. My 2 cents bro.
Yeah, it's a professional doctorate degree but different from PhD

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Post-utme 2019 Uniben Cut Of Mark Is Officially Out. / Uniben Student Commits Suicide Before Nigeria Match(video) / Unijos To Start The Selling Of Screening Form Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.