Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? (28676 Views)

Ask For Ur American & Japanese Vehicle's Parts Including Bumper & Lights / Camry Sports 09 Front Bumper And Headlamps Needed / A Nigerian Made This Tv Stand From A 2017 Mercedes Benz Gle Bumper (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by AutoJoshNG: 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
Earlier today, while watching a breakfast show traffic update on one of the Lagos-based TV stations, the female presenter kept using the expression, "Bumper to fender".

I was a bit confused by the expression.

The presenter repeatedly used the expression to describe traffic scenarios at some locations in Lagos.

Then it dawned on me the point she was trying to make. She was trying to describe a situation that is more correctly referred to as "Bumper to bumper". That is when many cars in traffic are so close that they are almost touching each other, and with almost no space between one car another.

What she ought to have said was that vehicles were moving "bumper to bumper" in the traffic.

Indeed, bumper and fender are two completely different components of a vehicle.

The bumper is installed on the front and rear side of a vehicle. Its main function is to absorb the impact upon collision, minimizing the damage to the main body.

The bumper is often moulded contoured plastic. It spreads horizontally across the front and back of an automobile that protects it from the minor front and rear collisions or "bumps".

While the fender is the curved metal guard that arcs over the tyres.

Its primary purpose is to prevent sand, mud, rocks, liquids, and other roads spray from being thrown into the air by the rotating tyre.

They are common in older cars.  Recent cars the tyres are "hidden" or nested inside the body of the car. This area is more generally referred to as a "quarter panel".

Some recent vehicles still come with good old fenders like some trucks, motorcycles and flatbed trailers.

In summary, the Fender is on the side of the car, over the wheel while, the Bumper is installed on the front and rear side of the car.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/what-is-the-difference-between-bumper-and-fender/

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by CANlBUS(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2019
Ahh,we already know that females are dumb and second-class to even the dumbest man.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by otunbalamba: 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
cheesy educative now i know what fender bender means grin

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by frbona: 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
[s]
CANlBUS:
Ahh,we already know that females are dumb and second-class to even the dumbest man.
[/s]your comments are always the dumbest and thrashiest I read on this forum.
I blame your pop, a packet of gold circle would have prevented the calamity you have turned into

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 10, 2019
Amazing thread!
Lalasticlala sef ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Pabloosas(m): 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2019
cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by rocknation62(m): 8:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
Educative...Oya follow me bumper to bumper grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Amuocha: 8:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
Fender is for faragon yellow buses.
Bumper is for newer modern cars grin
Wande Coal ...follow me Bumper to Bumper shocked

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by marvin906(m): 8:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
frbona:
[s][/s]your comments are always the dumbest and thrashiest I read on this forum.
I blame your pop, a packet of gold circle would have prevented the calamity you have turned into

packet is too much..one seed of gold circle would have saved humanity..
e papa fit do pass one round before

16 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by callmeVIBRANT(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
like for bumper ...share for fender

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by JubrinElSudan: 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
When Wande Coal released his Bumper to bumper album, Kelly Handsome in a diss track, said its "Fender to Bumper" . Nobody said he was wrong then, maybe that's why the lady used that

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by oluadex99(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
Ok
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by dvkot(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2019
One can be followed bumper to bumper,
While the other can't be followed fender to fender

But our plain and pattern material will follow you all along

https://www.nairaland.com/5236662/make-least-n5000-daily-selling#79197112

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by horlahwaley(m): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2019
very educative, the first and the third comment though grin

MEANWHILE SELL UR AIRTIME AT TO US AT A GOOD RATE AND RECEIVE CASH INSTANTLY.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by id4sho(m): 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2019
Nigerian Bumper- Nyash Kpekus
Nigerian Fender- Bwest

Guymen I lie, hit like if u concur.
if otherwise, argue with ur sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by blackaxe78: 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2019
Bumper is the ass. Fender is the breast

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by johncallidon(m): 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
frbona:
[s][/s]your comments are always the dumbest and thrashiest I read on this forum.
frbona:
frbona:
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Youhesh(m): 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2019
That should be Debby on Max FM. She makes that mistake a lot, I always wonder why her co-presenter and others in the station have never corrected her. It should be bumper to bumper like the OP said.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2019
"Bumper to Bumper" is an expression normally used to describe how heavy traffic is.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by samcus(m): 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2019
Finally...let me sit down and cross my legs with my team..I belong to the Comment Readers Association of Nigeria (CRAN)Our duty is to read, smile and pass. Please try to be brief in your comment so that we can move to other comments... Thanks....And if u are a member of this Association please hit a like and pass don't find trouble.

26 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by KingLennon(m): 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
callmeVIBRANT:
like for bumper ...share for fender
Wetin be this one again?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2019
Just imagine
hisexcellency34:
Sanwo-Olu is a billionaire before he became governor. He is richer than Dangote but very humble
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Ovisthanks(m): 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2019
frbona:

Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by flyingdutchman(m): 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2019
What happened to Google

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by barb27(m): 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2019
Ask mcedopikin for DAT
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by WisdomHunter(m): 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Earlier today, while watching a breakfast show traffic update on one of the Lagos-based TV stations, the female presenter kept using the expression, "Bumper to fender".

I was a bit confused by the expression.

The presenter repeatedly used the expression to describe traffic scenarios at some locations in Lagos.

Then it dawned on me the point she was trying to make. She was trying to describe a situation that is more correctly referred to as "Bumper to bumper". That is when many cars in traffic are so close that they are almost touching each other, and with almost no space between one car another.

What she ought to have said was that vehicles were moving "bumper to bumper" in the traffic.

Indeed, bumper and fender are two completely different components of a vehicle.

The bumper is installed on the front and rear side of a vehicle. Its main function is to absorb the impact upon collision, minimizing the damage to the main body.

The bumper is often moulded contoured plastic. It spreads horizontally across the front and back of an automobile that protects it from the minor front and rear collisions or "bumps".

While the fender is the curved metal guard that arcs over the tyres.

Its primary purpose is to prevent sand, mud, rocks, liquids, and other roads spray from being thrown into the air by the rotating tyre.

They are common in older cars.  Recent cars the tyres are "hidden" or nested inside the body of the car. This area is more generally referred to as a "quarter panel".

Some recent vehicles still come with good old fenders like some trucks, motorcycles and flatbed trailers.

In summary, the Fender is on the side of the car, over the wheel while, the Bumper is installed on the front and rear side of the car.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/what-is-the-difference-between-bumper-and-fender/

No... What you called vehicle fender is not actually the fender but fender flares or some call in fender chrome. A fender flares is most a plastic that usually attach to fender

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by dheaven: 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2019
Just tell us say fender na sand protector, na that one we dey understand pass.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by dododawa1: 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2019
FENDER is for motorcycle front protection WHILE BUMPER is motor Front protection.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by barb27(m): 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2019
Ask mcedopikin for DAT smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by naijajobx: 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2019
Hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Moment Driver Crashed BMW I8 While Reversing (photos/video) / What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. / New Lagos Traffic-Law Catches First-Victim - Bullion Van Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.