Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? (28675 Views)

Ask For Ur American & Japanese Vehicle's Parts Including Bumper & Lights / Camry Sports 09 Front Bumper And Headlamps Needed / A Nigerian Made This Tv Stand From A 2017 Mercedes Benz Gle Bumper (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Chiefochiefo(m): 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
It's the D and F
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Newguyhere: 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2019
guys please I seriously need suggestions on what inverter to buy.
I want advice from someone who currently uses one.. Pls comment on this thread if you have little time to spare, it would mean a lot to me. cry

https://www.nairaland.com/5236441/inverters-worth-it
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Sally97(f): 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
CANlBUS:
Ahh,we already know that females are dumb and second-class to even the dumbest man.
It's your dumbass mom I blame that doesn't know what they call Mouth Gig
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Sexymercy: 9:22pm On Jun 10, 2019
I don't have a car
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by omoteacher(m): 9:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Ships, boats and water craft used FENDER to avoid side ways collision during long siding between 2 vessels or when berth in a jetty to avoid side banging that may cause damage to the vessel hull. It's always cylindrical in shape or in tyre form, mostly black. It's usually hoisted on both sides of each vessel starboard/portside , fore /aft especially during 'ship to ship's bunker (cargo) transfer.

Bumper is used by vehicle.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2019
Bumper to Fender is very correct, especially in lagos and port hacourt traffic madness
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by shakyum: 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2019
Hha
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by foster212: 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2019
But if nah the meaning of slay queen, slay mama, pepper dem gang, she go sabi that one wella.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by kanubiafra: 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2019
rocknation62:
Educative...Oya follow me bumper to bumper grin
no fender to fender
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by davillian(m): 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2019
Tag wande Cole
Follow me bumper to bumper
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by don4real: 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
Bumper to fender is very correct, meaning the traffic is heavy.That is vehicles at the back and side, no space to move.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by sacx: 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
Your definition of fender may not be entirely correct. Nice writeup though.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Sluacoast(m): 10:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
frbona:
[s][/s]your comments are always the dumbest and thrashiest I read on this forum.
I blame your pop, a packet of gold circle would have prevented the calamity you have turned into
OMG. savagery
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by alezzy13: 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2019
WisdomHunter:

No... What you called vehicle fender is not actually the fender but fender flares or some call in fender chrome. A fender flares is most a plastic that usually attach to fender

For older vehicles it's actually the fender (eg volks beetle which has very large fenders)

What you have in your first pic is quarter panel and not fender

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Rajosh(m): 12:20am On Jun 11, 2019
CANlBUS:
Ahh,we already know that females are dumb and second-class to even the dumbest man.
misogynist
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by RZArecta2(m): 1:01am On Jun 11, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Earlier today, while watching a breakfast show traffic update on one of the Lagos-based TV stations, the female presenter kept using the expression, "Bumper to fender".

I was a bit confused by the expression.

The presenter repeatedly used the expression to describe traffic scenarios at some locations in Lagos.

Then it dawned on me the point she was trying to make. She was trying to describe a situation that is more correctly referred to as "Bumper to bumper". That is when many cars in traffic are so close that they are almost touching each other, and with almost no space between one car another.

What she ought to have said was that vehicles were moving "bumper to bumper" in the traffic.

Indeed, bumper and fender are two completely different components of a vehicle.

The bumper is installed on the front and rear side of a vehicle. Its main function is to absorb the impact upon collision, minimizing the damage to the main body.

The bumper is often moulded contoured plastic. It spreads horizontally across the front and back of an automobile that protects it from the minor front and rear collisions or "bumps".

While the fender is the curved metal guard that arcs over the tyres.

Its primary purpose is to prevent sand, mud, rocks, liquids, and other roads spray from being thrown into the air by the rotating tyre.

They are common in older cars.  Recent cars the tyres are "hidden" or nested inside the body of the car. This area is more generally referred to as a "quarter panel".

Some recent vehicles still come with good old fenders like some trucks, motorcycles and flatbed trailers.

In summary, the Fender is on the side of the car, over the wheel while, the Bumper is installed on the front and rear side of the car.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/what-is-the-difference-between-bumper-and-fender/

I think the controversy started when Wande Coal released his hit single Bumper to Bumper with many online critics attacking him for making such a gaffe, to them it should have been bumper to bumper. Like I always say, the internet can make you smart very quickly but it can also make you dumb as well therefore, trust but verify cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by RZArecta2(m): 1:04am On Jun 11, 2019
CANlBUS:
you're an insult to who Canibus is and what he stands for cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by 123stanli(m): 3:38am On Jun 11, 2019
Nice write up. For your Affordable cars Follow me on Instagram! Username: nordadeals
https://www.instagram.com/nordadeals
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by freemi(m): 3:47am On Jun 11, 2019
rocknation62:
Educative...Oya follow me bumper to bumper grin
shaby 1 musician sang a song sayin its bumper to fender nt bumper to bumper. Mayb dats wer she got it frm
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by femi4: 5:03am On Jun 11, 2019
Youhesh:
That should be Debby on Max FM. She makes that mistake a lot, I always wonder why her co-presenter and others in the station have never corrected her. It should be bumper to bumper like the OP said.
Is that a TV station? OP said "lagos based tv station "
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by femi4: 5:09am On Jun 11, 2019
don4real:
Bumper to fender is very correct, meaning the traffic is heavy.That is vehicles at the back and side, no space to move.
Wrong

bumper-to-bumper
/ˌbʌmpətəˈbʌmpə/
phrase of bumper
very close together, as cars in a traffic jam.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Bamss1: 5:17am On Jun 11, 2019
CANlBUS:
you have a very poor orientation. Work on yourself.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by Youhesh(m): 6:53am On Jun 11, 2019
femi4:
Is that a TV station? OP said "lagos based tv station "

Oh sorry, my bad. Just that she is also fond of using bumper to fender.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bumper And Fender? by GURION: 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2019
Sally97:

It's your dumbass mom I blame that doesn't know what they call Mouth Gig

shocked cry

Sis, permit me assert that you are too naturally beautiful to allow other peoples unsavoury comments, put you at risk of cultivating a habit of hitting back at their mothers.

No offense intended please.

smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Moment Driver Crashed BMW I8 While Reversing (photos/video) / What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. / New Lagos Traffic-Law Catches First-Victim - Bullion Van Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.