Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

You Just Have To Write. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / You Just Have To Write. (176 Views)

Hello Look Here! You Just Found An Article Writer / Extra Clean Used 2003 Camry Big Daddy...you Just Need See This Car / How Much Will It Cost To Write TOEFL In Nigeria? Help Me With Materials Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Just Have To Write. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 18, 2019
#Writers_Series

Writing is not as stressful as you think.

I recently decided to do a post for aspiring writers/authors based on the response I got in a survey I took recently. I will attempt to be as brief as possible since this is a crash post and the first in the Writers Series

Before I started creating amazing contents (after about eleven years disconnect), I met with great authors some of who have published more than seven books and I remember asking them questions like: "You know writing is a difficult thing to do, how were you able to break out?" The similar answer I got was, "the best way to start writing is to start".

One of the challenging moments of aspiring writers/authors has been the "take off" point. While some face the challenge of what to write, several others face the biggest challenge of how to go about the writing.

The reason why most persons have not started writing is that they see writing as one big insurmountable mountain.

Well, the good news is that writing is as easy as eating.

Ok. Let me just be honest with you. As a beginner, you will not find it easy but with consistency, I give you a guarantee that you'll enjoy it just the way you enjoy your best recipes.

What you need to ask yourself before you start writing are:

(1) Do I really want to write?

I agree with the fact that writing belongs to everyone and everyone can write, but in the real sense, not everyone writes. I once met a guy who is deeply in love with creative writing but says he has no background in arts to push through writing. It took a few minutes of chat to get him back on track. Of course, I do that for many people who cross my path.

Now hear this, writing does not belong to any discipline, but to all. Yes, all who can take a bold step, pick their writing tools and take off writing will make the most out of it.

(2) Why do I want to write?

Each person writes for a purpose. It could be for fun, for business, for impact or even ego. You know the feeling that comes with "I am an author?"

When you know what to write and why you are writing, it becomes a driving force that propels you to keep writing even when you want to give up.

(3) Do I want to write full time or just for fun?

This defines how consistent you will be in your career as a writer. One truth in writing is that you get better by the day, but the major word is "consistency".

There are several other questions to ask, but I will end it here for want of time and space.

Hear this before I go:
You are a load of contents, all you need is to well up and pour out all that which is hidden inside.

You just have to write. How? Just write!

As a beginner, even though you may not feel cool with what you have written so far, but just write. You will improve gradually. Rome was not built in a day. Same way authors are not built in a day.

Hope you found value in this piece?

Let's connect on WhatsApp:
[url]/+2349063614412[/url]

Nwagu Uchechukwu
Content Creator || Writes' Guide

(1) (Reply)

Security Control Room Operator Ikate Roundabout Island Lagos / Get This Ebook Today On How You Can Make Money Blogging / Job Vacancy For A Marketing Executive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.