Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Please Help - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help (236 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help by suave30: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
Dear Nairalanders,
please come to my aid also i would appreciate more of your advise in helping me secure my dream job

I am Babatunde Gbenga
Ilorin based

A National Diploma graduate at Maritime Academy of Nigeria Oron, Akwa Ibom State

My real problem now is where and where to go about my cadet placement ..almost all shipping company i have written to are not responding or some giving the we shall get back to you excuse.
All i can say now is i'm tired and confused at the same time. infact I'm lost.

Please Nairalanders ..i would appreciate your effort in helping me secure a placement either through friend(s) relatives or companies i dnt mind

Listed below are brief of my work experience including duties and responsibilities: 

Job Title: Deck Cadet,
Company: Maritime Academy Of Nigeria Training Boat for Cadets

Duties and responsibilities are to:

1) Learn as well as perform all deck navigational duties aboard ship under supervision of deck officer(s)

2) Observe loading & unloading of cargo holds to learn methods of handling stowing of cargo

3) Inspect lifesaving visual-signaling equipment for defects

4) Direct crew engaged in repair of defective equipment(s)

5) Stand watch during specified periods while ship is underway

also i understand to do this I must start at the bottom and work my way up. I am strong and can handle storing cargo, handling gear, working with the rigging and running any other errands that are required of me. I understand that I will be required to preserve the paint on the ship along with any maintenance. I do not have a problem being away from home for extended periods of time as I know this is also a part of the job.

I am a quick learner and can pick up new concepts and tasks very quickly and would like to begin my training as an entry level seaman as soon as possible. I do know that this takes passing all the classes and putting in at least two years on a ship in order to make this career move. I am ready for the challenge and am prepared to work as many hours as necessary to make my dream come true.

I am physically able to handle the challenges of life on a ship and have spend many years on private fishing vessels so I know that being on water is not a problem for me. I am currently studying all I can about navigation, both traditional and the more technical types of navigating.

Thanks and kind regards

I can be reached 2349075791393

(1) (Reply)

Graphics Designers Wanted-photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign -video-premiere Pro / In Sincere Need Of A Job, I Want To Work / Graduate Human Resource/admin Technical Assistant At Norwegian Refugee Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.