Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Data Analytics/analyst - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Data Analytics/analyst (1049 Views)

My Data Analytics Journey / Data Analyst/science - The Smart Way To Learn And Be Effective / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Data Analytics/analyst by Champjar: 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2019
How do I learn data analytics? Do I need to have knowledge of coding?
Re: Data Analytics/analyst by hitan(m): 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2019
Not necessarily, SPSS, EXCEL, MATLAB, can also do data analysis but the best to use is R which is a programming language, so you will need to code. I would recommend python because along the line in advanced data analysis you would delve into machine learning, HENCE automatically makes python the best package for data science, so it depends if you don't want to learn to code you can use the above packages but if you want the best stick with python and you can never go wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Data Analytics/analyst by Twirelex: 7:16am On Jun 30, 2019
hitan:
Not necessarily, SPSS, EXCEL, MATLAB, can also do data analysis but the best to use is R which is a programming language, so you will need to code. I would recommend python because along the line in advanced data analysis you would delve into machine learning, HENCE automatically makes python the best package for data science, so it depends if you don't want to learn to code you can use the above packages but if you want the best stick with python and you can never go wrong.
its a matter of choice, python is not better than R when it comes to data science. personally I prefer using R than python..
Re: Data Analytics/analyst by Daejoyoung: 8:50am On Jun 30, 2019
Twirelex:
its a matter of choice, python is not better than R when it comes to data science. personally I prefer using R than python..
Hmm yeah you are right, it's a matter of choice, although why many stick to python is that python has a richer ecosystem and takes you further in deep learning and A.I than just pure data analysis and statistics, so it's more like a swiss army knife, but l agree R gives better plotting than python.
However both can even be used, so it's not a matter of either or.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Python Package / Huawei Just Officially Anounced Harmony OS As Android Replacement / Learn HTML - HTML Training & Tutorials For Complete Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.