Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square (685 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by chosen04(f): 8:10am On Oct 08, 2010
Former military president General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida said yesterday that he did not attend the ill-fated Nigeria@50 celebrations at Eagle Square, Abuja last Friday because he did not believe in spending so much money for an event that should instead have elicited sober reflection on the heroes and heroines that laid down their lives for the country. He spoke to reporters at his Hill Top residence in Minna.

He said the amount of money spent on the event was outrageous and unnecessary. The event, he also said, was driven by an agenda that lost focus and direction as it forgot to give due honour to Nigerians who laid down their lives for the country and to alleviate the sufferings of the people.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4149%3Aibb-why-i-was-not-at-eagle-square&catid=2%3Alead-stories&Itemid=8
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by chosen04(f): 8:11am On Oct 08, 2010
Smart Maradona!!!!!!!
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by kokooro(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2010
Does this man (IBB) have brain at all?
Imagine the lame and paralytic excuse coming out of the buccal cavity of an aspiring president. This man is becoming retarded daily, haba.
chosen04:

Smart Maradona!!!!!!!
how?
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by dlox01(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2010
whatz wrong with what he said, is it not the truth?those people there were just 'mocking' the masses, what were they celebratinglist them,
its his opinion not to go. I wouldnt go for such either!!! angry bullsh!t celebration
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by Aussienavy: 10:05am On Oct 08, 2010
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by Chadrack(m): 10:13am On Oct 08, 2010
dlox01:

whatz wrong with what he said, is it not the truth?those people there were just 'mocking' the masses, what were they celebratinglist them,
its his opinion not to go. I wouldnt go for such either!!! angry bullsh!t celebration

Bullshit celebration? Tell me, if because you have not built mansions or riding on a jeep or your own personal air bus, you will not celebrate you birthday? why do many nigerians think it was wrong for us to celebrate 50yrs of nationhood?

About IBB, what moral right has he to say we have nothing to celebrate? Is it not he and his northern brothers who have ruled this country over the years that have brought us where we are right now? Is is not him who popularised corruption and made it an officail thing? Is he not  the one who first made us  know what bombing of innocent lives means when Dele Giwa was cut shot in IBB days?

It is time for nigerians to know who they are instead of going about yarnning what they don't know.
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by DeepSoul(f): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2010
IBB has no moral justification whatsoever to have made that statement.
The comment in itself, is true as we all know.
But giving that as the basis for his absence is total cra.p!!

Hypocritical eediat!
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by Faeb: 10:30am On Oct 08, 2010
No explanation can be more daft than IBB's excuse. Is he saying he finds nothing to celebrate even for his own period of fcking Nigeria?
His excuse simply rubbishes his time as head of state (and very rightly too).

Others who were present must have felt they had made positive contributions to our growth, hence they were there.
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by Igwe9(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2010
Funny he (IBB) shared the same views with that of the so called MEND, inadvertently  re-echoing them.
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by paulex: 10:36am On Oct 08, 2010
Stupid man! Wen other past presidents were there, he xcluded himself 4 a foolish reason! May allah xpose him 4 not been there, MuMu man!
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by egift(m): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2010
Deep Soul:

IBB has no moral justification whatsoever to have made that statement.
The comment in itself, is true as we all know.
But giving that as the basis for his absence is total cra.p!!

Hypocritical eediat!

You lack civility and character to make that claim, why:
- IBB did not like the waste (billions) like most Nigerians where
(He expressed his disapproval by not attending - but JEGA now wants to hip his failure on him)

On the other hand:
- Presidents brothers where not happy also, how did they expressed their approval:
(they blew our capital, killed 12, injured 37, claim responsibility, apologized, absorbed/forgiven by Mr President, got invitation for supper, then had a "TV Reality Show" on NTA, tagged "its not MEND"wink

Yet you find it morality in spewing that rubbish you did.
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by kolaoloye(m): 10:38am On Oct 08, 2010
I think it is high time that this man (IBB) sees a Psychiatrist.
Where was he when all the preparation began and what solid contribution
has he ever made to alleviate the sufferings of the people even while in office?

The first letter bomb was during his tenure and so many evils things that happened.
With due respect,let him shut up.
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by Faeb: 10:41am On Oct 08, 2010
egift:

(He expressed his disapproval by not attending - but JEGA now wants to hip his failure on him)
. . .

Dude, it is stup!d and totally dumb for any ex leader not to turn up for a nations anniversary.

Afterall, his time in office formed part of the celebration, or have his 8 years in power been thrown away? Does he not see his period in governance as worth celebrating? What a shocker!!!

[size=14pt]Even IBB see's his 8 years as a waste not worth celebrating![/size]
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by paulex: 10:51am On Oct 08, 2010
Egift u must b a ram. Wat do u mean by IBB HATE WASTAGE(BILLIONS). How are president's brothers nt happy? Xplain mr thug!
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by DeepSoul(f): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2010
egift:

On the other hand:
- Presidents brothers where not happy also, how did they expressed their approval:
(they blew our capital, killed 12, injured 37, claim responsibility, apologized, absorbed/forgiven by Mr President, got invitation for supper, then had a "TV Reality Show" on NTA, tagged "its not MEND"wink

Yet you find it morality in spewing that rubbish you did.

Dude, are you thinkin with your brain turned upside down??
IBB didnt like the waste (billions) but he loved the looting (billions).
In ur twisted logic, one is better than the other abi?

And by the way, saying it was MEND that spear-headed the bombing is just speculation.
Just like I strongly believe (without any bias whatsoever) that IBB was the master-mind behind it.
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by 9ijaMan: 11:30am On Oct 08, 2010
Deep Soul:

Dude, are you thinkin with your brain turned upside down??
IBB didnt like the waste (billions) but he loved the looting (billions).
In your twisted logic, one is better than the other abi?

And by the way, saying it was MEND that spear-headed the bombing is just speculation.
Just like I strongly believe (without any bias whatsoever) that IBB was the master-mind behind it.

Thank God, it's not your strong belief nor your convictions that would bring out those behind the bombing. GEJ has retracted his statement exonerating MEND, so keep your belief to yourself as there is no shred of evidence to date linking IBB to the bombing. Every attempt made by the GEJ camp to smear IBB failed woefully.

I do not give a rats azz about IBB, but I will also not support any attempt at framing him for a crime he may never be linked to.
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by babytoun: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2010
Igwe.:

Funny he (IBB) shared the same views with that of the so called MEND, inadvertently re-echoing them.

Exactly.
Re: Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square by mavtrevor(m): 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2010
IBB is a foolish fool, he was one of those that left this country the way it is today and now he has realised there is nothing to celebrate about 50 yrs of Naija independence?

I used to have a thing for him, but he has lost it, i believe not in me alone. He ruled this country for 8 yrs when there was no senate to oppose him, no house of rep to contest a bid with him, and he corrupted this country this way, now what has he to offer?

He should explain to Nigerians how sudden bomb and explosives resurfaced once his name resurfaced. Bombs are his thing, "Military militant"

(1) (Reply)

Wait For Their Manifesto / 10 Things You Can Learn From A Nigerian / Pa Anthony Enahoro Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.