Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / . (849 Views)

7 Tactical Assistance I Want To Render To Website Owners / What Are Backlinks In Seo? Free Ways To Build High Quality Backlinks To Website / A Guide To Website Optimization For Mobile Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Neddstark: 8:17am On Jul 31, 2019

1 Like

Re: . by Tsam96(m): 8:44am On Jul 31, 2019
I understand ur pain bro. But I don't think u have to bother so much about quacks. They are in every profession. This case is not even that bad. The person that loses is the client hiring them and not you. If someone thinks they can get a service worth 100k for 15k then so be it... At the end of the day the difference will always be there. Just focus on making ur own work better rather than bothering about quacks. Mind u, someone who is not satisfied with the quack Job will eventually look for the original at the end of d day. I think those who patronise them are okay with what they get. They aren't being cheated or duped. Just getting what they are willing to pay for. If they want quality they'll look for you

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2019
Neddstark:
Hello professionals here. Lately, the website development niche has been infiltrated by quacks, beggars and scammers who either go to a less than 3month training or learn how to customize themes by themselves.

These guys bring their price so low to attract customers and either scam them of their money or give them something abysmally low.

Breaking Down the costs
1. Domain (.com) = 4000
2. Good shared hosting per year = 4000
3. Design fee =
4. Banner & logo designs =
5. Content research =

So please can one tell me how somebody who is genuine or sane will do a website for 10-15k. Is it that hunger is ravishing your family or you just enjoy being abysmal.

Imagine, i went to see a client yesterday who wanted an e-commerce website. I charged him 75k and he began laughing saying 25k is all he has and that a neighbor of his does his for 17k. I simply excused myself and walked out. Quite annoying, but i dont pity him, when his website looks like a scam and he's serious on his business, he would know where to go.

And for clients, please stop underpricing. Many have come here complaining of scam when they paid extremely low. Also remember when you have to redesign your site, its you that loses in the end.

Please this nonsense has to stop. Anytime we see an unprofessional offer from this quacks, lets flag them down.

You are considerate about the 75k pricing for ecommerce. Clients can be just very funny. And those 10k client wants a website of about 30pages with countless revision this and that.

All in all, i think its better to position oneself..
Re: . by stanliwise(m): 10:31am On Jul 31, 2019
Neddstark:
Hello professionals here. Lately, the website development niche has been infiltrated by quacks, beggars and scammers who either go to a less than 3month training or learn how to customize themes by themselves.

These guys bring their price so low to attract customers and either scam them of their money or give them something abysmally low.

Breaking Down the costs
1. Domain (.com) = 4000
2. Good shared hosting per year = 4000
3. Design fee =
4. Banner & logo designs =
5. Content research =

So please can one tell me how somebody who is genuine or sane will do a website for 10-15k. Is it that hunger is ravishing your family or you just enjoy being abysmal.

Imagine, i went to see a client yesterday who wanted an e-commerce website. I charged him 75k and he began laughing saying 25k is all he has and that a neighbor of his does his for 17k. I simply excused myself and walked out. Quite annoying, but i dont pity him, when his website looks like a scam and he's serious on his business, he would know where to go.

And for clients, please stop underpricing. Many have come here complaining of scam when they paid extremely low. Also remember when you have to redesign your site, its you that loses in the end.

Please this nonsense has to stop. Anytime we see an unprofessional offer from this quacks, lets flag them down.
I appreciate the effort you took into write this one.
When something looks like a goat then there are every reason it is a goat. How can a person design a full website for 10k?? I just use to shake my head anytime I see such nonsense post. But what can we do.
It's a free world, we are not paid to do nairaland police work, everyman to himself.

The scamming of a thing is bigger than Nairaland. They have infiltrated Fiverr, freelancer.com and now those site are unfriendly to Nigerians. So brother, scamming is a National issue, to fix the problem.
Seun has to make that platform, which one good way is to register job posters live in one on one. Except forget it, you will only exhaust your small energy.

1 Like

Re: . by stanliwise(m): 10:36am On Jul 31, 2019
Tsam96:
I understand ur pain bro. But I don't think u have to bother so much about quacks. They are in every profession. This case is not even that bad. The person that loses is the client hiring them and not you. If someone thinks they can get a service worth 100k for 15k then so be it... At the end of the day the difference will always be there. Just focus on making ur own work better rather than bothering about quacks. Mind u, someone who is not satisfied with the quack Job will eventually look for the original at the end of d day. I think those who patronise them are okay with what they get. They aren't being cheated or duped. Just getting what they are willing to pay for. If they want quality they'll look for you
I like the angle you're coming from, meaning most employers are greedy by nature so then fall into hands of scammers, good then.
But there are situation where this scammer could force you to worry. When fiverr was out, I got a lot of job initially but right now scammers have polluted everywhere, the internationals don't trust us anymore. For 50 bidding, you may get just 1 job in a month as a Nigerian. So it is really touching. But the truth is that we alone can't tackle the menace, it is a nation wide problem.

1 Like

Re: . by Neddstark: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2019
stanliwise:
I appreciate the effort you took into write this one.
When something looks like a goat then there are every reason it is a goat. How can a person design a full website for 10k?? I just use to shake my head anytime I see such nonsense post. But what can we do.
It's a free world, we are not paid to do nairaland police work, everyman to himself.

The scamming of a thing is bigger than Nairaland. They have infiltrated Fiverr, freelancer.com and now those site are unfriendly to Nigerians. So brother, scamming is a National issue, to fix the problem.
Seun has to make that platform, which one good way is to register job posters live in one on one. Except forget it, you will only exhaust your small energy.

True talk. Seun is making big money from Nairaland. He could do way better than letting it be a spammers/scammers playground.
Re: . by Neddstark: 11:02am On Jul 31, 2019
Bitradepay:

You are considerate about the 75k pricing for ecommerce. Clients can be just very funny. And those 10k client wants a website of about 30pages with countless revision this and that.

All in all, i think its better to position oneself..

True talk.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Or UK Adsense / Blog With Media.net And Mgid For Sale At Affordable Price / Linda Ikeji's Blog Hacked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.