Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,899 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

bugs - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / bugs (12856 Views)

Bed Bugs Infestations In Lagos / How To Eradicate Bed Bugs Drom Your Apartment Diy / Bed Bugs In My House: Any Remedy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

bugs by damesilver(m): 7:18am On Aug 04, 2019
It's been more than 4 years now we have been battling with bedbug infestation at home. Even at school or other places a member of the family moves to they follow.

Several methods have been employed yet they do not go. Whoever has experienced bedbugs would know that these little creature are as deadly as Boko Haram.

They aim for your blood, hide in dark places and crevices. They disrupt your sleep, your life and you begin to live in perpetual fear. This is serious.

I've tried the traditional science of taking some live bugs to the market, yet doesn't work. A lot of money has been spent on Sniper, DD force, etc, despite that they come with their attendant health consequences due to exposure.

Please help oh..

2 Likes

Re: bugs by izzou(m): 7:45am On Aug 04, 2019
grin

Bedbug is the next worst thing after corruption in this country

The solution?

Pack into a new apartment...And take nothing with you

You and your household should move into it in your birthday suits.

Thank me later bro cool

26 Likes

Re: bugs by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 04, 2019
I know how this feels. The frustration, the sleepless nights, the stench from the blood sucking insect-demons, when you hand-kill them.

I'll tell you how I got rid of mine after spending so much on these guys that carry insect spray containers behind.

You will have to do away with some affected properties. This will cost a whole lot of work.

I started by discarding my bed, mattress, pillows, bed sheets, rugs, if need be....even your wardrobe. Your sitting room chairs and upholstery should be discarded or sold if they've been affected or infected by the insect.

All my curtains and clothes were soaked in very hot water(over 100 degree Celsius) and I added detergent to it. Washed them all, dried them and put them in a black polyethylene bag(like the one they use for dirts). Tied them all up.
Poured very hot detergent water on the floors and all corners of the floor, on the walls, from top to the floor.

Then I bought "sniper".....yes you read well, I used sniper and it did the magic. I bought the biggest one. The one they sell for 3k and I bought two...that is 6k, with a spray cap and container. I covered my nose very tight and I started spraying carefully from one corner to another. I took time. I sprayed all the walls, lintels, even the rods used to hold the curtains. No part was left unsprayed. I sprayed all doors, windows, door handles, electric mains, wires, I mean....nothing was left unsprayed. Though I was doing it intermittently because the "sniper" was choking. So I run out for fresh air, relax and go back in to start where I stopped.

Mind you, all doors and windows were closed while spraying. I also sprayed all my books, dictionary, Bible, hymn book, all the books and table. I mean every every was sprayed intoto.

I couldn't enter the house for a week because of the choking smell. I went to stay with a family member.
After all done, I started repainting the walls and refixing things.

At the end, I conquered them. It's been almost a year now and I have never seen any single bug again. Not even one.

This process is time consuming and very stressful, but at the end, you will smile again.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: bugs by emerged01(m): 8:19am On Aug 04, 2019
Go to idumagbo,you will see alot of chemicals that you can use to get rid of bedbugs,but be ready to leave house for like a day. Heavy fumigation will get rid of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: bugs by pocohantas(f): 8:31am On Aug 04, 2019
izzou:
grin

The solution?

Thank me later bro cool

Wow. Is it that serious? grin
Re: bugs by izzou(m): 8:39am On Aug 04, 2019
pocohantas:

Wow. Is it that serious? grin

I experienced that shit back then in secondary school

You don't want to imagine what that guy is passing through cool

2 Likes

Re: bugs by pocohantas(f): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2019
izzou:

I experienced that shit back then in secondary school

You don't want to imagine what that guy is passing through cool

Hmmm, that means someone's broken jaw will make front page when next he calls me chinchi. angry
Re: bugs by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 04, 2019
You need to fumigate the entire house.
Re: bugs by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 04, 2019
1984och:
I know how this feels. The frustration, the sleepless nights, the stench from the blood sucking insect-demons, when you hand-kill them.

I'll tell you how I got rid of mine after spending so much on these guys that carry insect spray containers behind.

You will have to do away with some affected properties. This will cost a whole lot of work.

I started by discarding my bed, mattress, pillows, bed sheets, rugs, if need be....even your wardrobe. Your sitting room chairs and upholstery should be discarded or sold if they've been affected or infected by the insect.

All my curtains and clothes were soaked in very hot water(over 100 degree Celsius) and I added detergent to it. Washed them all, dried them and put them in a black polyethylene bag(like the one they use for dirts). Tied them all up.
Poured very hot detergent water on the floors and all corners of the floor, on the walls, from top to the floor.

Then I bought "sniper".....yes you read well, I used sniper and it did the magic. I bought the biggest one. The one they sell for 3k and I bought two...that is 6k, with a spray cap and container. I covered my nose very tight and I started spraying carefully from one corner to another. I took time. I sprayed all the walls, lintels, even the rods used to hold the curtains. No part was left unsprayed. I sprayed all doors, windows, door handles, electric mains, wires, I mean....nothing was left unsprayed. Though I was doing it intermittently because the "sniper" was choking. So I run out for fresh air, relax and go back in to start where I stopped.

Mind you, all doors and windows were closed while spraying. I also sprayed all my books, dictionary, Bible, hymn book, all the books and table. I mean every every was sprayed intoto.

I couldn't enter the house for a week because of the choking smell. I went to stay with a family member.
After all done, I started repainting the walls and refixing things.

At the end, I conquered them. It's been almost a year now and I have never seen any single bug again. Not even one.

This process is time consuming and very stressful, but at the end, you will smile again.
This is the best advice for bedbugs. please do not dilute the sniper too much, back in school, i used mine undiluted.

After that initial anahilation, do routine fumigation on your matress every 3 months. Did that till i graduated.

9 Likes

Re: bugs by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 04, 2019
emerged01:
Go to idumagbo,you will see alot of chemicals that you can use to get rid of bedbugs,but be ready to leave house for like a day. Heavy fumigation will get rid of them.
A month.
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2019
Thanks @all for your contributions.

Many of these things too have been tried. Chairs sold, wall repainted, spraying the entire house with DD force.

Sometimes the bugs even come to you when you sleep on the bare tiled floor. The other thing is that they know how to hide. You won't see them until the dead of the night crawling out to bay for blood.

At a point I suspected the thing was beyond ordinary. They can send you away from your home. You begin to get depressed anytime you want to go to your own home. Haa

1 Like

Re: bugs by Pavore9: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
Living with bed bugs is indeed very traumatic, provoking obsessive thoughts and depression. The thought of going home causes panic attack! sad

9 Likes

Re: bugs by deepwater(f): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2019
The scariest thing about BB is that they can survive over a year without feeding.

So if u leave your home for a year thinking they would die of starvation my brothers my sister them dey wait for you to return

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: bugs by nnamdiosu(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2019
izzou:
grin

The solution?

Thank me later bro cool

grin grin grin chai

2 Likes

Re: bugs by simplyglow: 10:41pm On Aug 04, 2019
damesilver:
It's been more than 4 years now we have been battling with bedbug infestation at home. Even at school or other places a member of the family moves to they follow.

Several methods have been employed yet they do not go. Whoever has experienced bedbugs would know that these little creature are as deadly as Boko Haram.

They aim for your blood, hide in dark places and crevices. They disrupt your sleep, your life and you begin to live in perpetual fear. This is serious.

I've tried the traditional science of taking some live bugs to the market, yet doesn't work. A lot of money has been spent on Sniper, DD force, etc, despite that they come with their attendant health consequences due to exposure.

Please help oh..

I was once in your shoes, we were tormented by bedbugs a lot in our former apartment, we had to spray the whole apartment and all furnitures with sniper before relocating and we left some badly infested furnitures behind. But these demons still relocated with us, they were all over again just a month after, they gave us serious headache.

It was untill one day my husband and I were in my in-law's place discussing about them that my mother-in-law overhead us and was like how can bed bugs still be disturbing us in this day and time that all we needed to do was get naphthalene balls (Camphor) and place round the corners of our apartment, in our wardrobe and inside our furnitures that the demons will all disappear.

Just about 5 days after doing that we couldn't find any bugs around again even after 2 years. We only used one small pack of naphthalene balls. It worked like magic.

OP do this and ensure you thank me later

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: bugs by nuggarito: 12:53am On Aug 05, 2019
I'm here to learn.
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 3:48am On Aug 05, 2019
simplyglow:

I was once in your shoes, we were tormented by bedbugs a lot in our former apartment, we had to spray the whole apartment and all furnitures with sniper before relocating and we left some badly infested furnitures behind. But these demons still relocated with us, they were all over again just a month after, they gave us serious headache.

It was untill one day my husband and I were in my in-law's place discussing about them that my mother-in-law overhead us and was like how can bed bugs still be disturbing us in this day and time that all we needed to do was get naphthalene balls (Camphor) and place round the corners of our apartment, in our wardrobe and inside our furnitures that the demons will all disappear.

Just about 5 days after doing that we couldn't find any bugs around again even after 2 years. We only used one small pack of naphthalene balls. It worked like magic.

Haaaa. Are you serious? If this is really true bros, heaven will bless you. I'll definitely try this. Thank you thank you.. I'm tired of buying sniper and all these half measures.... How come this method is not widely known cuz I believe a lot of people are having this problem but may not voice out openly.

It is rampant in school hostels. That's the cause of two girls fighting over spraying of sniper in OAU last week.

Thank you very much sir..i am really grateful.. In fact I've not tried this but I read it with relieve and joy in my heart.

I will surely come back here to thank you later.. Sorry that I misplaced your gender cuz of my elation. If not that you are married already, I for vie for to you.. Smiles

1 Like

Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 3:52am On Aug 05, 2019
You can see I am typing this at odd hours. You can guess what woke me up. In fact I don't get to sleep to the heart anymore. As soon as they approach my body I already sense them and apply the pressure of my finger. And like joke it will this slimy canker again.

They are making me unnecessarily sensitive.

5 Likes

Re: bugs by Pavore9: 6:46am On Aug 05, 2019
damesilver:
You can see I am typing this at odd hours. You can guess what woke me up. In fact I don't get to sleep to the heart anymore. As soon as they approach my body I already sense them and apply the pressure of my finger. And like joke it will this slimy canker again.

They are making me unnecessarily sensitive.

It is called hyperarousal.

1 Like

Re: bugs by EfemenaXY: 6:57am On Aug 05, 2019
damesilver:
Thanks @all for your contributions.

Many of these things too have been tried. Chairs sold, wall repainted, spraying the entire house with DD force.

Sometimes the bugs even come to you when you sleep on the bare tiled floor. The other thing is that they know how to hide. You won't see them until the dead of the night crawling out to bay for blood.

At a point I suspected the thing was beyond ordinary. They can send you away from your home. You begin to get depressed anytime you want to go to your own home. Haa

Why would you sell heavily infested furniture?

Were your buyers aware of this?

19 Likes

Re: bugs by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 05, 2019
simplyglow:

This is a new one o. camphor ke? shocked

If this really works like you mentioned, then bedbug issue don solve for Naija be that o. grin

I wouldn't have gone through the rigorous process, if I had known.

Op, use it and come and tell us how far

4 Likes

Re: bugs by simplyglow: 11:00am On Aug 05, 2019
1984och:

This is a new one o. camphor ke? shocked

If this really works like you mentioned, then bedbug issue don solve for Naija be that o. grin

I wouldn't have gone through the rigorous process, if I had known.

Op, use it and come and tell us how far

A trial will convince you
It doesn't even cost much
But be careful of where you place them incase you have little kids at home, to avoid them swallowing it.

2 Likes

Re: bugs by simplyglow: 11:03am On Aug 05, 2019
damesilver:

Haaaa. Are you serious? If this is really true bros, heaven will bless you. I'll definitely try this. Thank you thank you.. I'm tired of buying sniper and all these half measures.... How come this method is not widely known cuz I believe a lot of people are having this problem but may not voice out openly.

It is rampant in school hostels. That's the cause of two girls fighting over spraying of sniper in OAU last week.

Thank you very much sir..i am really grateful.. In fact I've not tried this but I read it with relieve and joy in my heart.

I will surely come back here to thank you later.. Sorry that I misplaced your gender cuz of my elation. If not that you are married already, I for vie for to you.. Smiles

It really works and very affordable
I await my drink after 1 week kiss wink

2 Likes

Re: bugs by ichidodo: 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2019
You can try breeding wall geckos or lizards to feed on these insects...
Re: bugs by descartes400: 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2019
ichidodo:
You can try breeding wall geckos or lizards to feed on these insects...

should breed wall geckos and lizards inside room on top bedbugs matter kwai?

26 Likes

Re: bugs by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2019
I've been going through this problem too.
At first when I saw it on my bed, I had to wake hubby to confirm if it is (cos I'd never seen it before then). He confirmed it and we bought one stuff like that. The woman told us it was more powerful than sniper. We applied it and never saw it again. That was about a month ago. Not until two days ago, I woke up to pee and saw this one on the mosquito net. I killed it but no blood so I guessed it was just looking for blood to suck. I was worried, wandering how come. Last night again, I saw one and told hubby that we might need to use that stuff again.
I think I will try this camphor balls, though the one I have is the coloured one. Hope it is as effective as the white ones

3 Likes

Re: bugs by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2019
simplyglow:

God bless you for this. Please I have the coloured camphor balls. Are they as effective as the white ones?
Re: bugs by damesilver(m): 6:27pm On Aug 05, 2019
I have bought it oh... I hope it's corrected placed.

However I did a search online about using naphthalene for bedbug but findings show that they do not work effectively for bedbugs. But I'll sha try first. I pray it works in my case.

Re: bugs by simplyglow: 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2019
cheenway:

God bless you for this. Please I have the coloured camphor balls. Are they as effective as the white ones?

I don't really know
I believe it should perform same function
Re: bugs by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2019
cheenway:

Just buy the white ones
Re: bugs by desoul2004(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2019
How does this thing really came about, what produces it?

3 Likes

Re: bugs by Amuocha: 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2019
But where is lalasticlala sef angry

This government sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Males Been Raped! / Building Wealth Together As A Couple - Surehome Marriage Seminar / Who Craves For Marriage More, Men Or Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.