Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

How Do I Install And Run A Php Script On My Cpanel? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Install And Run A Php Script On My Cpanel? (1116 Views)

Can Someone With Access To My Cpanel Make Changes To My Admin Dashboard? / Who Can Help Me Setup A Script On My Cpanel / Please How Do I Install Nulled Xenforo Script On My Hosting Server? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Install And Run A Php Script On My Cpanel? by Princedapace(m): 7:12am On Aug 05, 2019
Greetings

I'm new to this thing and I would be grateful if anyone can tell me what I need to do.

I got an API which I was told is a php script for scraping. It is just the code that is available. No direction on how to instal and execute it.

All they said it just copy and paste it on your cpanel. I have done that but I still can't see how it works.

I created a new .php file in my public root of my website, then copied the code and paste there and save.
What else do I need to do?
Re: How Do I Install And Run A Php Script On My Cpanel? by RealLordZeus(m): 8:34am On Aug 05, 2019
Such script are usually dependent on other files but have u visited the url also! I:e yoursitename.com/url_of_the_scipt.php.
Does it output any error
Re: How Do I Install And Run A Php Script On My Cpanel? by Princedapace(m): 10:02am On Aug 05, 2019
RealLordZeus:
Such script are usually dependent on other files but have u visited the url also! I:e yoursitename.com/url_of_the_scipt.php.
Does it output any error

Thank you for the help. Lol, pls pardon me, Im totally new with this thing. Lol, but Im determined to make it work.

Pls, how do I see the url of the script?

I uploaded it directly on my site cpanel using file manager upload. And it is sitting on my website root folder.
Re: How Do I Install And Run A Php Script On My Cpanel? by RealLordZeus(m): 10:10am On Aug 05, 2019
Princedapace:

Thank you for the help. Lol, pls pardon me, Im totally new with this thing. Lol, but Im determined to make it work.

Pls, how do I see the url of the script?

I uploaded it directly on my site cpanel using file manager upload. And it is sitting on my website root folder.
Move/upload to public_html folder, then go to yoursite.com/file.php
I'm assuming the name of the script is file.php
Re: How Do I Install And Run A Php Script On My Cpanel? by Princedapace(m): 10:21am On Aug 05, 2019
RealLordZeus:

Move/upload to public_html folder, then go to yoursite.com/file.php
I'm assuming the name of the script is file.php

Oh, thank u very much. I think it is working as i could see a webpage that appeared.

lol. Thank u brotherly. Let me now learn how the script works to use it for scraping.

(1) (Reply)

Districtnd / A Good Laptop For Programming / Ruby On Rails Or React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.