Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue (1317 Views)

Its My Car Issue, KIA Rio 2013, The Gear Is Developing A Fault. / Pls Judge This Car Issue / Toyota Yaris Car Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue by Olayetan(m): 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2019
Just recently I noticed my break pedal is very hard to match and when i match it, a wild Sound will come from the under/front wheel like ‘keh’
this is bothering me seriously as I don’t know what could be the cause and what will happen to someone’s car if someone forgets to put off the handbreak while driving but realized after 10mins drive away.

Pla if you have experienced this, kindly share your view and what you fixed in it.
Re: What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue by homeboy205: 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2019
Come out straight if you need help. Did you drive with handbrake on for 10 mins ??

1 Like

Re: What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue by Olayetan(m): 7:25am On Aug 23, 2019
homeboy205:
Come out straight if you need help. Did you drive with handbrake on for 10 mins ??
Yeah

I noticed it after 10mins drive away when i looked into my dashboard
Why would i want to lie?
Re: What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue by protocol(m): 8:09am On Aug 23, 2019
Carry that car go gazzuzz place now
Re: What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue by dicksonadams(m): 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2019
Olayetan:

Yeah

I noticed it after 10mins drive away when i looked into my dashboard
Why would i want to lie?

Park and let it cool, if the problem still persist, take it to a qualified mechanic to check you break system
Re: What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue by Lexusgs430: 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
Olayetan:
Just recently I noticed my break pedal is very hard to match and when i match it, a wild Sound will come from the under/front wheel like ‘keh’
this is bothering me seriously as I don’t know what could be the cause and what will happen to someone’s car if someone forgets to put off the handbreak while driving but realized after 10mins drive away.

Pla if you have experienced this, kindly share your view and what you fixed in it.

Your brake pads or brake discs, are gone past their useful years......
Re: What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue by Wigetsolar: 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
Brake Disks or broken brake pads
Re: What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue by diportivo: 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
Olayetan:

dont be bothered

your car,the Toyota Prius always does that

it will normalize eventuarry grin
Re: What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue by olumzzz(m): 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
diportivo:

dont be bothered

your car,the Toyota Prius always does that

it will normalize eventuarry grin
No. OP said the car is a Volvo
Re: What Could Possibly Cause This Car Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
Olayetan:

pliz note am none nigerian

what do you mean hard to match ?

trying to decode your english, it seems like your brake pads are gone and its now metal on metal on the brake disk and brake pads

take the car to a mechanic and ask them to check the brake pads and disk in front of you

worn out brake pads look like this

(1) (Reply)

Mazda 626 For Sale At A Cheap Rate. 5 Months Old Naija Used. / After How Many Miles Should I Service My Car / Need Help 2012 C300 With Flictring Dashboard Light, Ac And Radio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.