Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting (1595 Views)

Learn How To Design Any Website Without Coding (live On Nairaland!!!) / How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments / Is It Possible To Build A World Class Website Without Using CSS?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by ibukunboy(m): 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2010
Learn XML Applications Combine with XHTML 1.0 to build an interactive database website without Server Scripting.
Use your free hosting to perform wonders!

Create Power Dynamic Website Now.

Contact Me Easily on
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ibukunboy
Hotmail: ibukunoreofe@hotmail.com
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Youngichou(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2010
hisses
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by yawatide(f): 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2010
I work at a place that uses XML to pull data as opposed to a database. That app has been around for about 2 years. We are now redoing it and guess what? We are going 100% database. Why? Based on the traffic we are getting on the current site, it takes a few seconds for the data to pull. In the meantime, you look at the results page and you see nothing, giving the impression that you are getting 0 results.

Based on experience, XML might be a quick and dirty and "easy" way to do things but if you are running an app visited by many people, you might want to consider using a database. Besides, it is a fact that XML code can get a bit verbose, which is why many AJAX apps are moving away from XML, in favor of databases.
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2010
Bros i sent a friend request. Accept it plz!
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2010
@Yawa. The Bros no even mention Database. You don dey already give am grammer like Ajax and co.

Is a Database a sever side script lipsrsealed
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by ibukunboy(m): 2:36pm On Oct 30, 2010
You should really consider your comment before posting it.

I said for free web hosting and free domains!!! -READ MY OTHER RECENT POSTS.
It is meant for small scale. Not everyone can afford server scripting hosting service.

Moreover, the training is free!

Why hissing and harsh words.

Don't discourage others.

You are all welcome!!!
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by DualCore1: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2010
ibukunboy:

Create Power Dynamic Website Now.

ibukunboy:

It is meant for small scale.
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2010
@Dual Core, Shey e don tey wey dem slap you with Extensible Markup Language angry
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by yawatide(f): 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2010
@Donpuzo: Sometimes you need to know where you have been and where you are, in order to know where you should be going and why. Chew on that.
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2010
@Yawa. I don chew am finish. Thanks for the word. Made me consider a lot of things!

But please what made you make such statement.

And explain from what context you threw such thick statements to me this sunny afternoon that have been causing me exception.
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by DualCore1: 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2010
Yawa weds DonPuzo. Chop on that.
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2010
Hey, Dual.

Yawa is one of my Few Mentors in the game. Her knowledge of this field cannot be disputed.

And she inspired me to become a better developer(Secretly.)

I get wife for house.

Swallow that! wink
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2010
@DHTML. lol

How many shots of that thing you take today.

Abi you don add[b] Cause Trouble[/b] to one of your many drinks

She is my mentor and many others mentor!
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Youngichou(m): 12:21am On Nov 01, 2010
@DON na which kind Mentor eh eh!
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 01, 2010
Yeah i use to fantasize about that idea an 100% driven XML site,but in my own personal opinion oh! i think XML is Bulky, after sometimes it kinda gets large and stuff, i prefer a JSON site,afterall JSON is easier and faster but nothing beats a database still.XML will suitable with sending info to external sites and stuff.
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by yawatide(f): 10:31am On Nov 01, 2010
he he, donpuzo, which exception b dat? yawaException? tongue

I think pc_guru has said it all - XML tends to be bulky. JSON is preferred these days. Why I went on big grammar rant originally, looking back, I actually and honestly have no idea cool
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2010
@Yawa. Men that JSON is one of the many technologies i just don't flow with.

Also XML. Men it kind of sucks. I wonder how i would have had a response in my Ajax application should the only option had been in XML. Would have stick to other patterns than the XMLHTTPREQUEST

Guess it's the way those many things have been put to me in Ebooks. One of the many books i have is JSP/ AJAX/Json and Apache Tomcat or so.

Was eager to learn it, with the thought that TOMCAT was a language that will make me be at edge over other programmers.

Learning Java was a blessing cause it done on me that it was a server like Glassfish!
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Youngichou(m): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2010
And when you guys say JSON what do you mean
and on XML i just dont like it because i cant see any effect it gives although i havent read it though but i when i was taking a look at it on a ebook i notice it had no effects that can be noticeable.
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by dyn: 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2010
JSON - Java Script Object Notation
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2010
JSON is actually not a new technology its just the way Javascript engine Maps Data,Objects into the memory, it is quite faster and efficient infact JSON is the OOP aspect for Javascript, unlike XML which requires parsing and stuff.did some sample music galley before with XML i noticed speed difference btwn XML and JSON, Json is so easy to use and is widely supported, took an hour to understand json unlike xml and Converting Json to PHP Arrays and vice versa is just so sexy XMLWriter/SimpleXML is just long thing for me, angry
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2010
Yap. I hate OOP of Javascript.

It's one of the many things i wish never existed.

PC. How far na. You no help with that stuff again?? I am waiting ohhh,
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 01, 2010
Sorry will finish it but just give some time no vex trying to prepare for 2morrow's exam
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 01, 2010
Ok, na tomorrow??.

Abeg after then you can do that stuff for me ohhh.

Face the tomorrow matter well, and structure your grammar.

Lastly no dey talk about woman. Cause that's unprofessional. Plus if na woman you meet, freestyle. No dey stare like how me and DUAL will do!
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by ibukunboy(m): 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2010
wink

XML is future technology and can't be wiped out or overridden by any technology for couple of centuries!
Its widely accepted by most software vendors. Most softwares output (Export) and input (Import) XML files. e.g. MS EXCEL, MS ACCESS, SQL, ORACLE

Some softwares display bugs and information in XML format e.g. Visual Studio.

I guess, this still call for a need to be educated and not ignorant of it even if its not "practiced".

Ride On Computer Gurus!

I love debugging!
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2010
To illustrate the Point of the Poster's Request building a Site with Database without server scripting i created a quick example of it,source code are included incase u want to build similar
http://www.forgetdbigwords.com/wordpress/2010/11/02/build-a-web-music-gallery-with-jsonjquery/
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 04, 2010
heard there's a new xml javascript engine will post it here or write on it
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by dhtml3(m): 8:25am On Nov 04, 2010
The problem i had then with xml in javascript is that, the support was not equal in all the browsers. All these client-sided stuffs, one must be careful to use stuffs that is accessible on most or all browsers.
I always strive to create cross-platform stuffs and use what is standard so there wont be unnecessary service break-down when it can be avoided - that is why i stick to json in javascript, and more of xml on php. php needs the json plugin which is not available on all servers (but is on most servers)
that will enable json_encode and decode

THe same problem lies with html 5 and css 3.5 - these things need full crossplatform support before they can be relied on all the way
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 04, 2010
yeah but i was under the impression most browser had to have php 5 upwards
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by yawatide(f): 10:43am On Nov 04, 2010
yeah but i was under the impression most browser had to have php 5 upwards

Browsers don't care what back end language you use. Perhaps you meant html 5?
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2010
I mean php 5 because from PHP5 the Support of Json extension is enabled for json_encode and json_decode
Re: Create A Good Database Website Without Server Scripting by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 05, 2010
@Yawa sorry i didnt see that i mean Web servers

(1) (Reply)

Great Seo Technique For Better Site Traffic / How To Make Money By Referring People To Hostgator Web Host Service / Drop Your Twitter Username Fore More Follows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.