Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Single Parenting - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Single Parenting (546 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Parenting by afribeauty(f): 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2010
Y is it dat men treat single mothers like a forbidden fruits? Y re dey being stigmatized? Y ll a guy fall inlove wit a woman but reject her because of her s/parent status? Y are s/parent not often given a 2nd chance to love and life? Y do single fathers get a 2nd chance at love than d singlemothers? Is it rite for a woman to hide her true single parent status 4rm a guy at d beginning of their relatnshp? Guys: can u or cannot marry a single mother,even wit a clean past? Y d u tink dey re often being rejected,was it because of d child,was it because of d fear of d financial aspect? Why d u tink single mothers get rejected,stigmatized,denied d rite to love or abuse. Is dat once a woman has a child is automatically a badnews. Pls share ur views,answers,personal opinion and experience. Note: I am a single mother. Thanks.
Re: Single Parenting by Seun(m): 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2010
The right guy will give you a "second chance", just cast your net wider.
The problem is with their families, especially mothers. Women, heh.
Re: Single Parenting by xandy84: 1:22am On Nov 11, 2010
there lots of reason while men real don't want to marry a single parent, (1) financial concern (2) family problem, most especially mother (3 fear of the unknown . (4) Most men fell cheated (5) choices available to men,

Men really don't not want to marry single mother because most men do not want to pay bills for child that is not theirs and will just come up with excuses to break up with such a lady with a child, In African setting, our family hold a place in our life and most especially out mother who will go places not to see her Son marry a single mother, Most men will also not want to marry single mother because what they called fear of unknown, e.g the situation of being in a club with you friends and you will not want to talk about your fiancée all because she has a child which is not your, Most men fell cheated that there wife wife had a child earlier and find it difficult to integrate such child into there family, worst still there are more ladies searching to single parent is the last on the list of men to marry,

THE WORST IS TO LIE ABOUT THAT AND ONLY FOR HIM TO KNOW AFTER MARRIAGE, PAST EXPERIENCE SHOW THAT MOST MEN ENDED UP WITH DIVORCE AND THOSE THAT MANAGE TO LIVE WITH SUCH WOMAN NEVER HAVE A HAPPY HOME,

I really can marry a single parent but she has to prove she stand out smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Single Parenting by afribeauty(f): 10:48am On Nov 11, 2010
@seun and xandy84 thanks.
Re: Single Parenting by buttkick: 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2010
like i used to say. i had a beauty once. she was a single parent. it didnt matter. i loved her daughter, rhoda, like hell. missed the little angel as much as i did my beauty when she mistakenly, i found out later, chose to move on.

the deal is single mother or not your that special person and that other special person will appreciate you for you. period.
Re: Single Parenting by Iregbe: 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2010
sad sad sad
Re: Single Parenting by oniema(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2010
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Luv they say conquers all. Single parent or not when luv finds a man nothing can stop it, the reason for stigmatization, rejection and all sort on single parents is because our society frowns at it, Y because of our believe but as it ever occur to the pple in question that wat if they are in the shoe of the other party?

Likewise the attitude of the single parent really cast doubt on most mind cos they soo much hate themselves that they even believe no good thing can come to them in respect of future partner again, so they make do with someone far below their standard and they even try to hide the truth.

Go ahead before u get too deep in2 it and tell him or her come, i ave a little angel, princess or prince @home, if u want me then you must be ready to take both of us. Shikena
Re: Single Parenting by buttkick: 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2010
oniema@ you couldnt have said it all better.

(1) (Reply)

Older Ladies Are Interested In Young Guys / Withdrawn / Valentine text message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.