Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

GPU For 3d Rendering - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / GPU For 3d Rendering (1594 Views)

Suggestions For The Best GPU For Ryzen 5 5600G? / I Need A Very Neat UK Used Laptop For Architectural Design And 3D Rendering. / ✈✳✅NVIDIA Dedicated Graphics For Gaming Or Graphics Design And Video Rendering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GPU For 3d Rendering by teleportieren(m): 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
Hello everyone!

Anybody have any suggestions for what GPU would be the best for 3d rendering? I am learning CGI at the moment. Working mainly with blender, but have some knowledge with maya and 3ds max.

Price doesn't matter.
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by ncpat(m): 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
Go for nvidia products and buy the one with at least 2gb of ram

Dell G5587 G5 15 5587

15.6" Full HD
i5-8300H Processor
16GB RAM
NVidia GTX 1060 6gb
256GB SSD
1TB HDD

1 Like

Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by phazotron(m): 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
teleportieren:
Hello everyone!

Anybody have any suggestions for what GPU would be the best for 3d rendering? I am learning CGI at the moment. Working mainly with blender, but have some knowledge with maya and 3ds max.

Price doesn't matter.

Are you trying to buy a system or GPU only?
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by teleportieren(m): 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
phazotron:

Are you trying to buy a system or GPU only?

I think that I should go for the whole system. Think it's better to keep it separate.
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by teleportieren(m): 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
ncpat:
Go for nvidia products and buy the one with at least 2gb of ram

Dell G5587 G5 15 5587

15.6" Full HD
i5-8300H Processor
16GB RAM
NVidia GTX 1060 6gb
256GB SSD
1TB HDD

Why nVidia? Do you have a specific model(s) in mind? Are for example, Radeon, inferior compared to nVidia?
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by phazotron(m): 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2019
teleportieren:

I think that I should go for the whole system. Think it's better to keep it separate.

Whats your budget bro?
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by teleportieren(m): 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2019
phazotron:

Whats your budget bro?

Like I've mentioned, price doesn't really matter smiley Want to get a really fast system. So any suggestions would be welcome!
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by phazotron(m): 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
teleportieren:

Like I've mentioned, price doesn't really matter smiley Want to get a really fast system. So any suggestions would be welcome!

What's your WhatsApp number?
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by Tonkonater: 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2019
Nvidia quadro and AMD radeon are the business class cards designed for this purpose.

For larger projects you can also rent render-farm systems https://rentrender.com/all-render-farms-list/
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by ncpat(m): 10:52am On Nov 01, 2019
teleportieren:

Why nVidia? Do you have a specific model(s) in mind? Are for example, Radeon, inferior compared to nVidia?
Nvidia cards are much more supported in videos and graphics, especially 3D rendering, if you are using laptop go the system specifications above but if desktop then buy Nvidia PCI graphic card, it has a new technology called cuda.

Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by teleportieren(m): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2019
Tonkonater:
Nvidia quadro and AMD radeon are the business class cards designed for this purpose.

For larger projects you can also rent render-farm systems https://rentrender.com/all-render-farms-list/

Thanks, will check it out!
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by teleportieren(m): 10:53am On Nov 04, 2019
ncpat:

Nvidia cards are much more supported in videos and graphics, especially 3D rendering, if you are using laptop go the system specifications above but if desktop then buy Nvidia PCI graphic card, it has a new technology called cuda.

Surely will try to build a PC cheesy

Anyway thanks, going read more about cuda since I've heard about it but don't know the specifics. Maybe you have some interesting reads on that?
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by nerdfrost(m): 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
teleportieren:

Surely will try to build a PC cheesy

Anyway thanks, going read more about cuda since I've heard about it but don't know the specifics. Maybe you have some interesting reads on that?
am also in to CGI...currently working on a game tho
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by EngrBouss(m): 3:17am On Nov 05, 2019
I will suggest building a PC with the required memory space (SSD), RAM and GPU(Nvidia) since they do raytracing now. whats your budget for this kind of system. Gaming setup normally works best.
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by teleportieren(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2019
nerdfrost:

am also in to CGI...currently working on a game tho

Nice!
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by teleportieren(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2019
EngrBouss:
I will suggest building a PC with the required memory space (SSD), RAM and GPU(Nvidia) since they do raytracing now. whats your budget for this kind of system. Gaming setup normally works best.

Yeah, I am thinking of something like that. Let's say I am willing to spend around 2000$.
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by dekinridoine(m): 11:14am On Dec 07, 2020
No doubts, in the 21st century everyone uses internet. That is why we want to be sure in our computer. Not so long time ago I’ve had to change GPU. I’m not so goon in this sphere and I had a lot of doubts which one to choose. My friend recommended me to address at Titan organization and I followed his advice. You know, I didn’t regret about it. They offer you to rent gpu servers and answer to all your questions. I’ve chosen 2x RTX 3090 and didn’t regret about it. I can easily work with different graphics and my computer works perfect. Try to address at Titan organization and I think they can help you with your issue.
Re: GPU For 3d Rendering by dekinridoine(m): 2:51pm On Dec 10, 2020
dekinridoine:
No doubts, in the 21st century everyone uses internet. That is why we want to be sure in our computer. Not so long time ago I’ve had to change GPU. I’m not so goon in this sphere and I had a lot of doubts which one to choose. My friend recommended me to address at Titan organization and I followed his advice. You know, I didn’t regret about it. They offer you to rent gpu servers and answer to all your questions. I’ve chosen 2x RTX 3090 and didn’t regret about it. I can easily work with different graphics and my computer works perfect. Try to address at Titan organization and I think they can help you with your issue.
Hmm, very interesting, I haven't come across any really worthwhile information to read for a long time. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Open A Verified Paypal Now / Will Mtn Bis Still Be 3,000 Naira After The Promo Has Ended? / 3 Tips On How To Take A Faster Screenshot On Windows 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.