Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

I Need Help!!!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help!!!! (1066 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help!!!! by theultimatep3(m): 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2019
Good day every one, I'm currently learning Python, I saw this challenge on a webpage to code a password validator with at least one alphabet, symbol, and number, I've been unable to think of anything, and I don't is it that I'm not intelligent enough to be a programmer or I'm just been lazy .

I need advice
Re: I Need Help!!!! by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
theultimatep3:
Good day every one, I'm currently learning Python, I saw this challenge on a webpage to code a password validator with at least one alphabet, symbol, and number, I've been unable to think of anything, and I don't is it that I'm not intelligent enough to be a programmer or I'm just been lazy .

I need advice
Chat me up on 0-8-1-3-8-6-6-3-6-9-7
Re: I Need Help!!!! by theultimatep3(m): 12:00am On Nov 04, 2019
Chat me up on 0-8-1-3-8-6-6-3-6-9-7l

No offense pls, you mean by text, cause this number is not on WhatsApp
Re: I Need Help!!!! by stanliwise(m): 7:59am On Nov 04, 2019
theultimatep3:

I need advice
Not at all, you just don't understand how a computer thinks.

To validate a password, you need to understand how a computer sees text and what we call string manipulations.
After this you need to know how python can be used to achieve this actions.

Programming is about communicating with a computer using a particular languages as much as there is an interpreter/compiler
Re: I Need Help!!!! by Grandlord: 8:15am On Nov 04, 2019
theultimatep3:

I need advice
Have you mastered Regex yet? cool
Re: I Need Help!!!! by theultimatep3(m): 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
No
Grandlord:
Have you mastered Regex expressions yet? cool
Re: I Need Help!!!! by theultimatep3(m): 11:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
I've tried using list to put both alphabet as string and numbers as intergers, then use a if statement all to no avail.
stanliwise:
Not at all, you just don't understand how a computer thinks.

To validate a password, you need to understand how a computer sees text and what we call string manipulations.
After this you need to know how python can be used to achieve this actions.

Programming is about communicating with a computer using a particular languages as much as there is an interpreter/compiler
Re: I Need Help!!!! by theultimatep3(m): 11:50pm On Nov 04, 2019
I know of the module, but I've never used it, i prefer to use the replace, lstrip, rstrip, method for string manipulation
Grandlord:
Have you mastered Regex expressions yet? cool
Re: I Need Help!!!! by SirKriz(m): 5:27am On Nov 05, 2019
theultimatep3:
Good day everyone, I'm currently learning Python, I saw this challenge on a webpage to code a password validator with at least one alphabet, symbol, and number, I've been unable to think of anything, and I don't is it that I'm not intelligent enough to be a programmer or I'm just been lazy .

I need advice

Hi, there! In tech, it's easy to get overwhelmed and feel like you are not good enough to write code. It's a common feeling people who write code or people who perform any heavy mentally challenging task often experience. So don't let it get to you, give yourself time to learn and grow.

As for the task to come up with a password validator, I would advise you to use RegEx (Regular Expression). Why? Because it is more performant, one regular expression can check all those conditions at the same time. (Big 'O' notation)
Re: I Need Help!!!! by stanliwise(m): 5:59am On Nov 05, 2019
theultimatep3:
I've tried using list to put both alphabet as string and numbers as intergers, then use a if statement all to no avail.
There are many chances a line or two isn't doing what you think.
Re: I Need Help!!!! by stanliwise(m): 6:00am On Nov 05, 2019
SirKriz:

Hi, there! In tech, it's easy to get overwhelmed and feel like you are not good enough to write code. It's a common feeling people who write code or people who perform any heavy mentally challenging task often experience. So don't let it get to you, give yourself time to learn and grow.

As for the task to come up with a password validator, I would advise you to use RegEx (Regular Expression). Why? Because it is more performant, one regular expression can check all those conditions at the same time. (Big 'O' notation)
Big O notation and Regex? just for simple password validation?
Re: I Need Help!!!! by Grandlord: 6:12am On Nov 05, 2019
theultimatep3:
I know of the module, but I've never used it, i prefer to use the replace, lstrip, rstrip, method for string manipulation
Regex is not a module though. I'll take up your challenge and see how I can tackle it. I'm also a learner. smiley
Re: I Need Help!!!! by theultimatep3(m): 7:26am On Nov 05, 2019
When people use it, it usually comes with import regex
Grandlord:
Regex is not a module though. I'll take up your challenge and see how I can tackle it. I'm also a learner. smiley
Re: I Need Help!!!! by Grandlord: 8:33am On Nov 05, 2019
theultimatep3:
When people use it, it usually comes with import regex
Oh okay.
Re: I Need Help!!!! by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 05, 2019
theultimatep3:

Chat me up on 0-8-1-3-8-6-6-3-6-9-7l

No offense pls, you mean by text, cause this number is not on WhatsApp
It is - 0-8-1-3-8-6-6-3-6-9-7
Re: I Need Help!!!! by theultimatep3(m): 9:29am On Nov 05, 2019
Still not on WhatsApp
miccolo2:

It is - 0-8-1-3-8-6-6-3-6-9-7
Re: I Need Help!!!! by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
theultimatep3:
No
regex is the answer

(1) (Reply)

Globacom please automatically activate my data plan! / / A Discouraged Newbie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.