Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ... (1993 Views)

Current Job Vacancies At The Nigerian Red Cross Society / Current Job Vacancies At Nilk Foods Limited / Current Job Vacancies In A Reputable IT Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by vikkogg: 9:19am On Nov 08, 2019
Re: ... by vikkogg: 9:25am On Nov 08, 2019
vikkogg:
Good day everyone. I am writing this to seek for your opinions. I am a graduate of Statistics, University of Ibadan with Second class Upper. I graduated in early 2018 and I'm through with NYSC. The I.T company I served offered to retain me with a salary of 40k monthly. Due to the fact that I had no other option as at then, I took up the offer. Now, this is where the frustration comes in: The work time frame is 8am-5pm daily but most times, I get engaged till 6pm, at times 7pm. I leave home 6am and return home 8-9pm. I spend #800 daily on transportation and #400 daily on feeding to make #1,200 daily. Since I became a full staff of the company, I've not been able to save a dime because my salary isn't enough to take care of my bills, not to talk of savings. I've been trying hard to get a better job but all to no avail. It's not that I'm a dullard. I have ND Statistics (Distinction), and BSc Statistics (5.9 of 7.0). I'm never bragging my people, it's just to let you all know that I'm doing my best towards having a bright future. I need your advice. What should I do? Should I continue with the job or quit?? Help me push this to the front page as I need advice ASAP, please!
I need mature opinions please
Re: ... by EvilPOTATO(m): 9:47am On Nov 08, 2019
The worst part of being employed is,
building another man's dreams while you are unable to save enough to build yours.

Again, it's an undeniable fact that jobs are very scare out there,
I don't know if I should tell you to persevere or let go.
I am currently a job seeker. Finished Nysc in 2017 but the journey has been very rough and bitter. I think you should manage the job for the time being since it helps you to feed.

3 Likes

Re: ... by Philadelphia: 9:53am On Nov 08, 2019
vikkogg:
Good day everyone. I am writing this to seek for your opinions. I am a graduate of Statistics, University of Ibadan with Second class Upper. I graduated in early 2018 and I'm through with NYSC. The I.T company I served offered to retain me with a salary of 40k monthly. Due to the fact that I had no other option as at then, I took up the offer. Now, this is where the frustration comes in: The work time frame is 8am-5pm daily but most times, I get engaged till 6pm, at times 7pm. I leave home 6am and return home 8-9pm. I spend #800 daily on transportation and #400 daily on feeding to make #1,200 daily. Since I became a full staff of the company, I've not been able to save a dime because my salary isn't enough to take care of my bills, not to talk of savings. I've been trying hard to get a better job but all to no avail. It's not that I'm a dullard. I have ND Statistics (Distinction), and BSc Statistics (5.9 of 7.0). I'm never bragging my people, it's just to let you all know that I'm doing my best towards having a bright future. I need your advice. What should I do? Should I continue with the job or quit?? Help me push this to the front page as I need advice ASAP, please!

Let go!
You'd thank me later.
I did that and no regrets

1 Like

Re: ... by kestolove95(m): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2019
If u can buy toiletries and pay some little bills and HV place to go every morning, my brother kip DAT job

5 Likes

Re: ... by Donmoscojaja(m): 10:40am On Nov 08, 2019
vikkogg:

I want to believe is Monday to Friday stuff...so my advice is build another biz, get involved in something else maybe online
Re: ... by EvilPOTATO(m): 11:22am On Nov 08, 2019
Bro don't quit that job. If you are able to eat and take of other expenses don't quit man.

I quit mine early this year because my clothes got thorn and the money I was earning was not enough to get new clothes although I was able to feed.
If I had known, I would have held on to the 17k and manage.
Things have been very tough for me. It's as if I am floating through life

4 Likes

Re: ... by ArticleBeast: 11:42am On Nov 08, 2019
EvilPOTATO:
Bro don't quit that job. If you are able to eat and take of other expenses don't quit man.

I quit mine early this year because my clothes got thorn and the money I was earning was not enough to get new clothes although I was able to feed.
If I had known, I would have held on to the 17k and manage.
Things have been very tough for me. It's as if I am floating through life
Keep walking, don't loose hope. No matter the rain fall, sun go still shine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by sonature1: 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
Huncle, don't be in a hurry to leave.
In today's Nigeria, while God is constant, you need skill/experience or connect to land a plum job.
Essentially, you have to hone your skill and acquire some experience.
You just left school and you should not be under pressure to impress anyone.
Make a 3-year plan..after which you will resign from the job whether you got another one or not.
While at it, go for relevant IT training courses, such as SPSS, etc. on weekends or during your leave.
You will never go wrong if you do as I have instructed you.

5 Likes

Re: ... by jieta: 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2019
vikkogg:
I can't tell you to return to the labour market but i will advice you to either look for accommodation close to your place of work or a place you can spend at least two to three hundred for transportation or speak to the management about your plight.
Re: ... by sangresan(m): 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2019
Dont quit the job bro, especially if you don't have someone to depend on financially....Just be on the lookout for better opportunities...

1 Like

Re: ... by vikkogg: 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
jieta:
I can't tell you to return to the labour market but i will advice you to either look for accommodation close to your place of work or a place you can spend at least two to three hundred for transportation or speak to the management about your plight.
Thanks a lot for your opinion but the funny thing is that I presently stay in a free house and eat free dinner (Plus free weekend 3 square meal). If I now move to a place where I'll pay house rent and feed myself all alone, do u think I can survive with that salary?
Re: ... by vikkogg: 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
Donmoscojaja:

I want to believe is Monday to Friday stuff...so my advice is build another biz, get involved in something else maybe online
Thanks a lot. What online business can u suggest and how much is the startup capital?
Re: ... by Olamsoh: 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
You devaluated urself by accepting the offer in the first place....like you are seen as someone desperate for the job as at then....
Now!!!!
There are a lot of openings if truly you can defend ur certs...
So pls jejely leave and source for better paying job that would be almost equivalent to your struggles in skul...
#my opinion#

1 Like

Re: ... by vikkogg: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2019
sonature1:
Huncle, don't be in a hurry to leave.
In today's Nigeria, while God is constant, you need skill/experience or connect to land a plum job.
Essentially, you have to hone your skill and acquire some experience.
You just left school and you should not be under pressure to impress anyone.
Make a 3-year plan..after which you will resign from the job whether you got another one or not.
While at it, go for relevant IT training courses, such as SPSS, etc. on weekends or during your leave.
You will never go wrong if you do as I have instructed you.
Thanks a lot
Re: ... by Nat404: 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
vikkogg:
Apply for full scholarships in the UK.
Re: ... by vikkogg: 3:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
Olamsoh:
You devaluated urself by accepting the offer in the first place....like you are seen as someone desperate for the job as at then....
Now!!!!
There are a lot of openings if truly you can defend ur certs...
So pls jejely leave and source for better paying job that would be almost equivalent to your struggles in skul...
#my opinion#
Exactly.
Desperation made me accept the offer. I really downgraded myself to have accepted the offer.
Thanks so much for your opinion.

1 Like

Re: ... by Tobiobi: 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
vikkogg:

Exactly.
Desperation made me accept the offer. I really downgraded myself to have accepted the offer.

Don't just walk away yet, ask for a raise first, stating the reasons why. Nd besides u can gain some good experience then intensify your job search....check for jobs everyday....if u don't like the pay, then intensify ur search, with the little experience u ve nd ur grades, u stand a better chance of being called for apt tests or interviews...but don't stop work yet

2 Likes

Re: ... by vikkogg: 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
Tobiobi:

Don't just walk away yet, ask for a raise first, stating the reasons why. Nd besides u can gain some good experience then intensify your job search....check for jobs everyday....if u don't like the pay, then intensify ur search, with the little experience u ve nd ur grades, u stand a better chance of being called for apt tests or interviews...but don't stop work yet
Hmmmmm
This is a very great idea.
I really appreciate
Re: ... by Maj196(m): 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
What's the essence of working (supposedly) and nothing to show for it (No savings, No Happiness, No Satisfaction)

1 Like

Re: ... by gbokukueba(m): 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
vikkogg:

The first question you need to ask your self is, are you learning? Are you getting the required experience? This is the time to put in a good shift and the reward will come in 3/4 years time. You still have about 35 years to work so why be in a hurry to make money at the expense of relevant experience?
Re: ... by interndare: 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
Our client, a Financial institution is in need of Sales Personnel who can represent the interest of the company at highest level.

Requirements
B.Sc holders only
Minimum of Second Class Lower
Minimum of two years sales experience in a financial Institution
Location is Lagos
Salary - 150k

Method of Application
Send your CV to recruitment@rs-hunter.com
Using the job title “SALES PERSONNEL” as subject of the email

Deadline - November 18, 2019
Re: ... by SteveOfu: 4:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
AN NGO is holding it MACTA DAY and would like Volunteers
Lagos residents ONLY
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdxlDzbCET9-uMirQoKCw5lIG2hv0fcfi4D4xPwwyla7oJGIg/viewform?usp=pp_url

Stipends shall be paid it
Re: ... by SweetPreeq(m): 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
SteveOfu:
AN NGO is holding it MACTA DAY and would like Volunteers
Lagos residents ONLY
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdxlDzbCET9-uMirQoKCw5lIG2hv0fcfi4D4xPwwyla7oJGIg/viewform?usp=pp_url

Stipends shall be paid it

Guy u be transgender
Re: ... by IceColdVeins(m): 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
Things to look out for in a job:
Peace of mind
Income
Personal growth...
If you can't get atleast two out of the three, its no job but punishment and waste of time/life(true story)

Quit it, you deserve better!!Seems you are bright, start applying online again my fellow uite.
Recte sapere fons

1 Like

Re: ... by godfrey01(m): 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
vikkogg:

Bro.. I feel your plight. Working in ICT too. Your story is no different from mine. There are days I don't even eat to sleep. But I just see it as one of those lessons of life I used to put much effort in the job but now I no longer do that again. I work according to my own pace.. And I don't let any boss or superior or customer force me to do a work. If o can't do it I will tell you I can't. What I will tell you here is ICT pays, but those at the head are collecting the money and giving peanuts yes peanuts. Imagine I even have to train IT students for free all in the name of let's keep the organization reputation.. Refused tonne used bro. And lastly, since you are in the ICT field you can source for works outside .get outside computers fixed. Let customers have your number.. Share it to them. Be bold and confident.. ... But quiting the job think twice. If you have another source of income you can quit.. But if non.. Let your heart take the decision. Listen oh. Don't listen to any body. They will tell you this tell you that, but follow your instinct

1 Like

Re: ... by Bluehill1051: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2019
kestolove95:
If u can buy toiletries and pay some little bills and HV place to go every morning, my brother kip DAT job
So buying toiletries is key for you in any job?! What is wrong with you! He spends 1200 daily. Wakes up 6am and returns home 9pm! On a salary of 40K. Cornflakes kill you there!

5 Likes

Re: ... by Bluehill1051: 6:58pm On Nov 08, 2019
When I graduated, sci lab tech, I just left my cert aft the first job I got (sales) wanted to pay me 50K with a target even they themselves can't meet. Tho them go gimme car sha. That's the only shining thing there. I refused to resume las las aft I thought well about it.
Then I started my hand work, tailoring and guess what, I feel I was designed for this. I now have a steady income of at least 30K. That 30k is what I have aft feeding, fuel, labour, transport, rent cuts, nepa n all those bla bla... 30K must enter acct where I can't touch. Sometimes it reaches 70K. So I'll advice you, if u feel u can handle business, try it. Bit if u know deep within yourself u can't stand on your feet, just stay under your boss. I know wetin workforce for gbagada carry my eye see b4 God open my eye
Re: ... by alphaNomega: 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2019
vikkogg:

Thanks a lot for your opinion but the funny thing is that I presently stay in a free house and eat free dinner (Plus free weekend 3 square meal). If I now move to a place where I'll pay house rent and feed myself all alone, do u think I can survive with that salary?

YOU CANNOT SURVIVE ON THAT SALARY

1 Like

Re: ... by Olamsoh: 9:38am On Nov 12, 2019
You welcome.
vikkogg:

Exactly.
Re: ... by SteveOfu: 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2019
Yes!!!!!
SweetPreeq:

Guy u be transgender

(1) (Reply)

Federal Govt Releases Details Of Programme To Employ 774,000 Nigerians / In Need of Remote Job / Opportunities In Ogun State For Corp Members, Urgent Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.