Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (1084 Views)

Lady Who Turned A Stripper To Pay Her School Fees Celebrates Graduation (Photos) / My School Declared Me Wanted On 10th December. / Osun State Polytechnic Lecturer Attends To Only One Student Who Paid School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Studentlife: 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
Re: . by Officialgarri: 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
If your current grade isn't worth it, tell him to give you the car and be doing cab driver.

It's a bitter solution

May God bless our parents

7 Likes

Re: . by LeoThaGreat(m): 8:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
Put your education on hold bro, the resources to fund it aren't available yet.
You could try get a job, probably as an office assistant, then you'll apply for part-time studies; or you could enrol at National Open University Nigeria since they support remote learning.
You'll attend weekend lectures, and work Mondays to Fridays.

But, for now, kindly suspend your education.

It's a tough decision, but it's the way I assume you could weather the storm even without your dad selling his pride - his car is his pride, help him hold on to it

3 Likes

Re: . by tundchip2: 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2019
Please don't sell the car. It's useful, you can start driving for uber or taxify. With this, you'll earn and save money for your school and rent. You'll be able to afford the expenses you need at school And you won't have to bother anyone for money again. Just don't let them use Juju to spoil the parol.

1 Like

Re: . by leokid866: 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
Go read the richest man In babylon and put yourself together for the future to come.
Re: . by jerryunit48: 1:23am On Nov 10, 2019
You see , some guys will come here and ask for financial support from nairalanders , sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t... why not try your chance and save your Dad some embarrassments ? Am not saying I have something to give though
Re: . by Bluehill1051: 6:23am On Nov 10, 2019
Studentlife:
It started four years ago when i was on the verge of dropping out due to financial constraint. My dad was financially buoyant but he was misled by elements in the family to forgo my education even though i was in three hundred level then.

I dropped out. It was the most horrific experience of my life. It was during this period that i spent enough time with my dad that was afflicted and had to stay at home for a long time. During this period, he saw i wasn't the image the family painted for him. I might as well say am from a polygamous family...

My dad was a millionaire with houses in many places. He was into real estate but when the affliction came, he sold everything to foot the bill going from places to places to rid him off the affliction. The people that made me an outcast later started showing their true nature. No money so they had no need for respect anymore and when i say the people, they include my siblings as well. Yes, my own sibling architected my first dilemma.

It was later after long years that he went against all opposition and allowed me back to school. It was a struggle but he was able to Finance the first year and second...

Now, he has no money and he is suffering immeasurable. So, i came home to tell him my school rent has expired and the guy i was bunking with has thrown my things out of the house. My school fees is also an issue because i have to pay it before December.
All my siblings including my mum said i should help myself and stop disturbing them. They suggesting i do yahoo like many other students...

This stuff is affecting me badly. I sorted help from pals that grew from my grade due to yahoo but they wouldn't help, some even humiliated me publicly....

So, i told my dad what has been happening and he was pained. He told me he would want to see me complete my education, during the course of the conversation he said we should sell his only Toyota Camry and pay for my bills. Somehow it gave me joy but on the other hand, i feel ashamed of this act. Nevertheless, i hope things get well. The opposition regarding the sale would be stiff .... I pray God sees me through
Idiot! Go and learn a trade. I have a degree but I'm not using it. It's a 2;1 o. When you reach the end collect certificate, u will realize that being a graduate doesn't guarantee you success. You are enlightened already, that's all it takes, improve yourself, find your purpose.
Re: . by skillip(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2019
Please Op simply defer your admission by a year, so you don't drop out or start all over.

Then take the car if it is a recent one, say from 2003 upwards register it on Uber/Taxify, after sometime you can go back to school .Please no matter what do not drop out , just defer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How I Got Admission Into New Jersey City University USA / University Of Ibadan To Resume January 20, 2021 / Exposed: The 3 Untold Truths About Spiritual Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.