Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

..... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ..... (1063 Views)

Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) / Nigerian Who Went to Heaven Shares Experience / Even Jesus Will Find This Funny. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by Ymodulus: 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2010
Re: ..... by ragdollz: 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2010
Jesus "went" to hell but didn't stay there, unlike some folks will do. Now what was your point again?
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2010
Re: ..... by Sweetnecta: 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2010
@Op: Remove the apostrophe before the "S" in the Yoruba's. People will see you as the father of that "Illiteracy". Yorusbas is correct, while Yoruba's is completely wrong in your intended message. I am on your side on this one. The yorubas should have all gotten Ph. Ds, D. Scs. They should have been head and shoulders ahead of every group, with all the opportunities of Universal Free Primary Educaton of that dubious Awolowo.

The fact that the Yorubas malaised this opportunity, that others have been able to catch up and even affirmed their surpassing them, is a testimony to their being illiterate.

As to Jesus issue, it is the Bible that misspeak in many issues; The divinity of Jesus and his being in or was in hell are just two obvious examples.
Re: ..... by meyri: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2010
Hell=common grave, 6ft under, place of the dead, home of the nonliving
Re: ..... by Osama10(m): 10:40pm On Nov 16, 2010
meyri:

Hell=common grave, 6ft under, place of the dead, home of the nonliving

Simple.
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 6:34am On Nov 17, 2010
Re: ..... by newmi(m): 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2011
Well did so that all who believe in Him wouldn't any cause to make a return journey
"John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved".

This should be simple enough for every right thinking Christian who is a student of the Bible and the "Faith"
Re: ..... by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2011
Where did the bible ever say that Jesus Christ went to HELL !!!

Show me quickly please  !
Re: ..... by newmi(m): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2011
frosbel:

Where did the bible ever say that Jesus Christ went to HELL !!!

Show me quickly please  !

1 Peter 3:18-19
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive,[a] he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits—

Question: What and where is this prison in which these persons "spirits" where supposedly imprisoned?

1 Peter 4:6
For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

". . . the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead. . ." doesn't that show some form of activity and Where are the dead or better still where was the dead prior to this?

2 Corinthians 5:20
He has made Him who knew nothing of sin to be sin for us, in order that in Him we may become the righteousness of God.

The bible makes us to understand clearly (no Greek no Hebrew) that Christ Jesus was made "to be sin" meaning that He was the embodiment of what sin represented on that cross on Him was laid all the sin of all men little wonder the bible says
". . .that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved"

Then while on the cross the bible records in (Mark 15:34) "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
This could only be possible because the bible records that the eyes of God are so pure that He cannot behold iniquity and He is not a respecter of any person so when Jesus was made sin on that cross He was treated as a sinner.

Question: Where do sinners go to when they die?
"Heaven" l suppose  grin  then who goes hell perhaps saints grin
HE WHO KNEW NO SIN WAS MADE SIN FOR US AND HE DIED IN HIS SIN STATE AND WENT TO HELL SO THAT ALL WHO WILL HEAR AND BELIEVE IN HIS NAME WILL NOT DIE IN SIN AND FACE THE ULTIMATE JUDGMENT AND DESTINATION.

I want to believe that this should be simple enough
Re: ..... by Joagbaje(m): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2011
Jesus went to hell of course
Re: ..... by newmi(m): 5:51pm On Sep 29, 2011
^^^^ Gbam!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris : Take It! / Please Vote - Who Is A Tither? / 5 Reasons Why Catholism Is Not Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.