Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

.... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / .... (994 Views)

Check Out My Store ... / Working In Mortuary Same Experience With Working As Banker – Female Mortician / How Do I Open My Store On Jumia And Konga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... by Jaguntimi: 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
Re: .... by Greyworld: 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
It depends on different factors; What do you sale? what is the location of the business. how is the competition in the area?
Re: .... by Blakjewelry(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
day 1 and you are complaining already, mr spiritual go invest your profit on a pastor na. my brother please be patient
Re: .... by Jaguntimi: 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
Greyworld:
It depends on different factors; What do you sale? what is the location of the business. how is the competition in the area?
the location is okay .. it’s a public place with huge movement
Re: .... by Jaguntimi: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
Blakjewelry:
day 1 and you are complaining already, mr spiritual go invest your profit on a pastor na. my brother please be patient
its the fourth day not first
Re: .... by Blakjewelry(m): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jaguntimi:
its the fourth day not first
that is business you. its a build up process, even well established businesses has their bad days even weeks so just relax.

1 Like

Re: .... by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
It's normal for this to happen.

However, hope your supermart isn't located where people have access to same products at very cheaper prices?

If this continues, run a discount or 'Buy 1 and get 2' promo for a day and see.

1 Like

Re: .... by Chuks9000: 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
Parley the people around. Each person will eventually have other neighbours converted.

1 Like

Re: .... by Jaguntimi: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
Osinachi1:
It's normal for this to happen.

However, hope your supermart isn't located where people have access to same products at very cheaper prices?

If this continues, run a discount or 'Buy 1 and get 2' promo for a day and see.
im trying to sell at a cheaper rate tho ..but since no one is coming in to ask .. they might not know .. I just erected a banner yesterday for more visibility and awareness

1 Like

Re: .... by donbachi(m): 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
give sweets and biscuits to few kids around.

1 Like

Re: .... by Jaguntimi: 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
donbachi:
give sweets and biscuits to few kids around.
bt it’s a commercial street .. no kids or homes ..what we’ve got here are offices and banks
Re: .... by iHart(m): 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
The first day I opened my shop, I sold only three cartons, the second day I sold one carton, but the rest they say is history. You need PATIENCE!!!
Re: .... by iHart(m): 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jaguntimi:
bt it’s on a commercial street .. no kids or homes ..what we’ve got here are offices and banks
offices and bank, what do you sell?
Re: .... by donbachi(m): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jaguntimi:
bt it’s a commercial street .. no kids or homes ..what we’ve got here are offices and banks
ok.how about ur church children 's department.
Re: .... by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jaguntimi:

Provisions store in a very busy Offices and Banks area, well... Study the environment more but remain calm, I'm sure you should have expected this. It happens to every new business
Re: .... by Jaguntimi: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
donbachi:
ok.how about ur church children 's department.
will talk my pastor through that probably
Re: .... by donbachi(m): 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jaguntimi:
will talk my pastor through that probably
give it a try...may GOD bless ur business.
Re: .... by Jaguntimi: 5:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
Osinachi1:

Provisions store in a very busy Offices and Banks area, well... Study the environment more but remain calm, I'm sure you should have expected this. It happens to every new business
alright .. thanks .. as it’s my first physical store .. just want to be sure the experience is normal and not something wrong with me

1 Like

Re: .... by Jaguntimi: 5:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
donbachi:
give it a try...may GOD bless ur business.
Amen .. thanks for your time
Re: .... by donbachi(m): 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jaguntimi:
Amen .. thanks for your time
welcome
Re: .... by iHart(m): 5:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
Talking to your pastor may not give you the solution you want. You can't set up a beer parlour in a Muslim community neither will you open a restaurant in midst of Igbos to sell ewedu. That you sited your business in a busy area is not enough, you need to understand your target market.

2 Likes

Re: .... by somehow: 6:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
iHart:
Talking to your pastor may not give you the solution you want. You can't set up a beer parlour in a Muslim community neither will you open a restaurant in midst of Igbos to sell ewedu. That you sited your business in a busy area is not enough, you need to understand your target market.

Finally, someone that knows about business development is talking.

Its not about having a shop in a busy area

Are there congregation of people around your shop or just where people visit on purpose?

How is the pedestrian traffic like?

Is your product fir for the audience there?

How is your pricing mechanism like?

What about awareness and marketing?

3 Likes

Re: .... by Greyworld: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jaguntimi:
the location is okay .. it’s a public place with huge movement
Well business sometimes could be like that. try and remain positive n optimistic. Most people already have costumers.

Another thing is how stock up is your shop. Around where I live our mentality is that goods re cheaper at bigger and "fuller"shops.

In all Pray, keep the faith and believe. peace.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

20 Great Books That Will Surely Change Your Life / Who Owns Globus Bank? What Is The New Bank Bringing To The Table? / Nigerian Naira Fast Becoming The Weakest Currency In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.