Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,381,411 members, 5,311,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 December 2019 at 10:43 AM

Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) (881 Views)

Nigeria Approves $2 Billion Bakassi Deep Seaport / Buhari’s Vision For Maritime Is Massive Job Creation – Saraki / Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Idanre Hills’ Post: Tajudeen Adefisoye Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by BeachTime(m): 5:20pm On Nov 25
The Hills are gorgeous and could be the setting of one of the most beautiful and affluent Tourist towns in the world like Beverly Hills or Santa Barbara. I suggest move everyone from the town ,demolish and rebuild in grid style.
The lush and serene Town with a modest population of 50,000 people would feature world class Museum,Observatory, Science & Space center ,Library ,Amusement park, and a prestigious Private university. On the hills would be statues of dinosaurs .The entrance to the city would feature a giant and grand gate like Jurassic Park.

1 Like

Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by BlackfireX: 5:31pm On Nov 25
Can anything good come out of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by nlPoster: 5:33pm On Nov 25
Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by nlPoster: 5:33pm On Nov 25
And here are the dinosaurs (pretty impressive btw):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabazon_Dinosaurs
Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by nlPoster: 5:34pm On Nov 25
Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by BeachTime(m): 5:42pm On Nov 25
nlPoster:
From years ago:

https://www.nairaland.com/420672/building-modern-odua-city-osunondo
I do not like that idea. I prefer a secluded and exclusive Idanre Hills Town.

1 Like

Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by nlPoster: 5:53pm On Nov 25
BeachTime:
I do not like that idea

Looks ok to me. We might have to differ. I admit I might be biased however.

I prefer a secluded and exclusive Idanre Hills Town.

What you described is not secluded or exclusive.

I think building a new city elsewhere might be more workable.

How do you inculcate Moana into the plans though? Has to be something with jewelry or ocean. Forests are a given of course.
Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by nlPoster: 5:57pm On Nov 25
The dinosaur photos look more ok, compared to the very urbanized other pictures.

Do you think the town should have the type of urbanization shown? It's current feel is a secluded one even as a tourist base.
Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by Omoodua007: 5:57pm On Nov 25
This can’t happen if Yorubas remain in one Nigeria
Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by BeachTime(m): 6:07pm On Nov 25
Idanre Hills Library

Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by nlPoster: 9:08pm On Nov 25
BeachTime:
Idanre Hills Library

Nice, but instead of copying themes from elsewhere, I'd say an original design might be appropriate.
Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by nlPoster: 9:13pm On Nov 25
Eg

2 Likes

Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by Tosquo: 9:18pm On Nov 25
Either there’s nothing good about you or you’re not a Nigerian grin
BlackfireX:
Can anything good come out of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by 9jatriot(m): 11:29pm On Nov 25
God Bless the two of you coming up with these designs. I'd like to bounce off ideas with you guys on a nature pack slightly different or similar to this. I have this vague picture inside my head that I intend to turn to reality soon.
Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by nlPoster: 5:39am On Nov 26
Thanks, God bless you too.

Any photos or graphics?
Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by BeachTime(m): 10:12am On Nov 26
nlPoster:

Looks ok to me. We might have to differ. I admit I might be biased however.
What you described is not secluded or exclusive.
I think building a new city elsewhere might be more workable.
How do you inculcate Moana into the plans though? Has to be something with jewelry or ocean. Forests are a given of course.
The main reason of the Vision is because of the Rock Hills ,so why should it be built elsewhere?What makes you think the town won't be exclusive ?
nlPoster:
The dinosaur photos look more ok, compared to the very urbanized other pictures.
Do you think the town should have the type of urbanization shown? It's current feel is a secluded one even as a tourist base.
Paved roads with sidewalks ,streetlights,trees and modern homes do not spoil the plan? I admit there are lots of vehicles in the sketch and that makes it look more crowded . It's a tourist town and at night everyone leave ,. .still an exclusive Town.
nlPoster:

Nice, but instead of copying themes from elsewhere, I'd say an original design might be appropriate.

I get your point ,some of the architecture will be uniqu and ideally made of natural materials like concrete rock and wood. ,some will be copied. there are dinosaur statues in California,.China,etc. will also be at Idanre Hills.
I envision a man-made lake like the sketch .
With all these attractions in place, the Town would receive 2 million visitors yearly and generate $300 Million dollars per year

2 Likes

Re: Vision for Idanre Hills ($2 Billion Dollar Project) by tck2000(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10
BeachTime:

The main reason of the Vision is because of the Rock Hills ,so why should it be built elsewhere?What makes you think the town won't be exclusive ?

Paved roads with sidewalks ,streetlights,trees and modern homes do not spoil the plan? I admit there are lots of vehicles in the sketch and that makes it look more crowded . It's a tourist town and at night everyone leave ,. .still an exclusive Town.

I get your point ,some of the architecture will be uniqu and ideally made of natural materials like concrete rock and wood. ,some will be copied. there are dinosaur statues in California,.China,etc. will also be at Idanre Hills.
I envision a man-made lake like the sketch .
With all these attractions in place, the Town would receive 2 million visitors yearly and generate $300 Million dollars per year
U are really brilliant.You just got a fan.Please if you ever decide to leave Nairaland don't de-activate your account,you never know who could read your topics

(1) (Reply)

Electronic Voting In Nigeria / Imagine This List: Noise / Is Obasanjo Afraid Of Atiku?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.