Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? (1377 Views)

Oraimo Freepod 3 (29$) Vs Apple Airpods 3 ($179) : Battle Of The TWS Earbuds / Tecno Ella Voice Assistant vs Google Assistant vs Samsung Bixby / Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by luluosas(m): 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
Check out a test by Google Assistant VS Apple Siri.
What do you think?

Check it out here https://twitter.com/iChopTweets/status/1199439818746474496?s=19

Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by gloriaunobi(f): 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2019
My Google assistant is crazy, it doesn't allow me to set my default music and video player always showing *play music with YouTube* .
Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by luluosas(m): 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2019
Seriously? Well, I don't use it like that. But I thought it is only useful for online search purposes
gloriaunobi:
My Google assistant is crazy, it doesn't allow me to set my default music and video player always showing *play music with YouTube* .
Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by MeshachMARTINS(m): 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2019
luluosas:
Seriously? Well, I don't use it like that. But I thought it is only useful for online search purposes
you can use it to do almost everything on ur phone, like launch apps/games , play music/videos, open photos in gallery, set alarm/reminder ,initiate phone calls and text message and lot more, all with voice commands

1 Like

Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by gloriaunobi(f): 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2019
luluosas:
I command it to open any apps in my phone, type text, command it to play songs and it can play by artist if you mention the singer name e.g Play billionaire by Teni.
Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2019
gloriaunobi:

I command it to open any apps in my phone, type text, command it to play songs and it can play by artist if you mention the singer name e.g Play billionaire by Teni.
if say play billionaire e go baba ijebu 406
Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by luluosas(m): 10:42am On Nov 30, 2019
Must it be set up to perform these tasks?
MeshachMARTINS:
you can use it to do almost everything on ur phone, like launch apps/games , play music/videos, open photos in gallery, set alarm/reminder ,initiate phone calls and text message and lot more, all with voice commands
Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by luluosas(m): 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2019
Okay. But I can only use it from the search platform on my phone, it doesn't have a dedicated shortcut or a standalone App of itself. Thanks for your time
Testing1234:
no, just tap the assistant app, or button(if your phone has one) and say any command
E.g " open camera"
It will launch the camera app

Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by luluosas(m): 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2019
Alright. Thank you
Testing1234:
I don't know if this is possible, but try searching for the Google assistant app on playstore, and see it can be downloaded
Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by Realboygenius(m): 11:21pm On Dec 01, 2019
Google assistant is smarter.
Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by V1C70R(m): 6:57am On Dec 02, 2019
luluosas:
Okay. But I can only use it from the search platform on my phone, it doesn't have a dedicated shortcut or a standalone App of itself. Thanks for your time
Press and hold the home button on your android, and since it's the first time, you'll have to set some preferences.
Try it already!
Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by Halezis(m): 8:04am On Dec 02, 2019
Is there any way to set default apps to play music and videos on the Google assistant? it's always opening with YouTubegrin
Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by Halezis(m): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2019
luluosas:
Just press and hold the home button
Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by Flytime: 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2019
luluosas:
just go to settings,search for Google assistant,set up your voice so that any time you need it you should just say "ok Google" or "hey Google".

1 Like

Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by luluosas(m): 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2019
Alright. Thanks
Flytime:
just go to settings,search for Google assistant,set up your voice so that any time you need it you should just say "ok Google" or "hey Google".
Re: Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? by willian10: 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2019
Both has it’s own pros n cons
Google voice picks up my voice at times when I’m talking randomly at home.
Siri will never do this

Google voice understands my Nigerian accent well, more than Siri grin

Siri has an advantage over Google voice because iOS has a better App support than android, for instance when u need to play a music, set alarm/reminder

Most Google voice activities are restricted cos android performs few activities unless you unlock the phone.

(1) (Reply)

Pop-up Camera Phones: All You Need To Know / MTN New Charge? / !>>>opera Shadow Connect!<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.