Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Php# (php Sharp) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Php# (php Sharp) (915 Views)

C Sharp Is So Interesting / C Sharp Developer Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php# (php Sharp) by talk2hb1(m): 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2019
Yo,
I just wrote an article on what I need want to improve about PHP, else I will invent my own PHP and call it PHP#. here is a link to my manifesto.
https://habeelety..com/2019/12/php-php-sharp.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Php# (php Sharp) by resosdigital(m): 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2019
Read your article and noted the following.

1. First fact was wrong php doesn't power 25% of the internet. It powers 75% of it. Wordpress alone powers about 30%.

2. Php was designed as a simple scripting language you can just add to a web page and that's why it will never be fully oop just like javascript. Part of phps selling point is its simplicity of use but projects like laravel show it can handle way more.

3. All your autoloading can be handled comfortably by composer which is now like the default industry standard.

4. If you need a strongly type more oop like language you can use Facebooks dialect of php which is called hack

2 Likes

Re: Php# (php Sharp) by stanliwise(m): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2019
resosdigital:

1. First fact was wrong php doesn't power 25% of the internet. It powers 75% of it. Wordpress alone powers about 30%.

2. Php was designed as a simple scripting language you can just add to a web page and that's why it will never be fully oop just like javascript. Part of phps selling point is its simplicity of use but projects like laravel show it can handle way more.

3. All your autoloading can be handled comfortably by composer which is now like the default industry standard.

4. If you need a strongly type more oop like language you can use Facebooks dialect of php which is called hack
see a php guy
Re: Php# (php Sharp) by talk2hb1(m): 11:13pm On Dec 06, 2019
resosdigital:

1. First fact was wrong php doesn't power 25% of the internet. It powers 75% of it. Wordpress alone powers about 30%

I didn't get me fact right before posting, thanks!

.NET is full fledge language and it is being used in a web page, thats why I think it can be pivoted to complete OOP undecided

instead of composer cant we just forget include/require/include_once/etc and just use namespace include see how clean it look in Laravel App/Model/User; then you can access the Users properties and method easily what a clean way of doing that. yet Laravel use spl_autoload in the background which slows down php

its not in the main PHP industry.
Thanks for responding to my post. cheesy
Noted Thanks wink

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Programming Language 2020 / How To Send Money From Nigeria To Ghana / Basic Programming Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.